It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Theory the New Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
It's obvious that there's an agenda that prevents any dangerous knowledge of reaching the masses. So that the concept of "scientific evidence" regarding alien subject, is just a matter of convenience.

And that is precisely why I always state that scientists, historians, archeologists, etc, should not be taken as Word of God.

Those in control of the knowledge that reaches the people via the media or any other public means of information are the Ruling Elite of the world. NASA and the such all serve the government. If any scientist or military personnel or whatever decides to divulge more than the Truth they are allowed to speak, then he/she is labeled a crazy deluded lunatic (if he/she it isn't "silenced" earlier, that is).

The media is owned and controlled by The-Powers-That-Be (bankers, politician, etc). And people have been programmed in such a way that they'll believe whatever they watch on the Tell-Lie-Vision. They can't accept anything other than what they see in that small plastic box of distractions and misinformation.

Of course there is a hidden agenda.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Theres more evidence for ancient aliens then god

Flight test produced by two German engineers, Algund Eenboom and Peter Belting, in 1997, over an 1.000 years old aircraft-like Inca artifact, that the mainstream archeologists claim to be a "stylized ritualistic bird". The test has proven that the artifact was a scaled model of a real aircraft or shuttle that the ancient Incas saw thousands of years ago, most likely piloted by one of their "star gods"

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti

It's obvious that there's an agenda that prevents any dangerous knowledge of reaching the masses. So that the concept of "scientific evidence" regarding alien subject, is just a matter of convenience.

And that is precisely why I always state that scientists, historians, archeologists, etc, should not be taken as Word of God.

Those in control of the knowledge that reaches the people via the media or any other public means of information are the Ruling Elite of the world. NASA and the such all serve the government. If any scientist or military personnel or whatever decides to divulge more than the Truth they are allowed to speak, then he/she is labeled a crazy deluded lunatic (if he/she it isn't "silenced" earlier, that is).

The media is owned and controlled by The-Powers-That-Be (bankers, politician, etc). And people have been programmed in such a way that they'll believe whatever they watch on the Tell-Lie-Vision. They can't accept anything other than what they see in that small plastic box of distractions and misinformation.

Of course there is a hidden agenda.

That's why when you enter in any conspiracy forum, mentioning Erick Von Dänniken and Zecharia Sichin, you are bashed to the bones, called "charlatan", "liar", etc...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't think I would put limits on God. We were revealed certain things in the Bible, but what if that is only our planet's story? Other planets, moons, etc... could have their own bibles and stories. The other people's/creatures were other projects of God's. I think our planet needs to work on the love and trust and caring about one another issues.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Then why does man need to infer to God when they are the words of himself. There's no need to infer God. Language was created by man, the bible was written by man, for what we don't understand we infer it to a supernatural being that we label God, the further it goes back in history the more we saw the need to invoke God because of the little knowledge we knew.

"oh look, that volcano is a God, oh lord, he is punishing us."

The further we find out more about the universe or our existence here, the further God seems to recede, to be replaced.

The concept of God is not needed to explain our exitence in this reality, this verse.

Right, well it's been a riveting tale, chaps. Tally-ho
edit on 24/11/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I agree we are all god ourselves and the universe! unless there is a grand achitect like in the matrix but ofcourse prolly wouldnt be a man with a white beard unless he comes to u in way to appease u!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Yeah i agree, but even if there was an architect, who created the architect and who created the creator of the architect and so on?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

exactly its all infinite in that one thing no matter how big is a smaller piece to an even bigger one! to something else our universe could be an atom that makes up something bigger or even an amoeba floating around in an ocean full of what we would perceive as other universes but to something else they could be amoebas

i think u get the idea!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Two words: Infinite Loop.

The true concept of Infinity.

Think fractals.

Stop thinking linear-time.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
First, on the subject of the Inca scale model craft, NOTHING has been proven by the man who built the working model, but his own human ingenuity . Just because his model flies means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. As boring as this may sound, the only way to convince a suffeciently intelligent person of anything is to show them exactly what it is , that you are trying to prove. So, someone wanting to prove that the Inca craft, was actualy a model based on an alien vessel, is going to have to show me an alien vessel which looks identical to the ancient model made by the Inca. Either that, or Im going to shout BUNK at the top of my lungs, because merely assuming that because a model aircraft enthusiast can make a bird shaped model fly, proves ANYTHING about history is absolutely beyond witless. It shows an utter disregard for thoroughness , and evidence that lazy thinking is more acceptable in some circles than investigative prowess. A little natural selection would sort that right out, and heres hoping.
This utterly dissapointing assumptive attitude is getting wider and wider spread in the UFO interested community, and it quite frankly makes a mockery of all the real work, dedication of thought, and sharpness of mind exhibited by the countless pioneers and thinkers to have pondered this subject before us. We owe it to ourselves , and to both the past and the future of UFO investigation to renounce lazy , spiritualist crap, in favour of relying on the test tube and the bar graph , which at the very least cannot be attacked for thier impartiality, and at best are the real spirit level test , of any fact . In short, get the bloody hippies out, and lets get our sleeves up and get to real work.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RKallisti

I like the fibonnaci sequence/spiral and the mandelbrot set, everyone can understand an infinite/fractal universe or even multiverse without needing to invoke the supernatural or a sentient being.

However, this is only an assumption at the moment. Quantam mechanics and molecular breakdown is discovering that things seem to infinitley splitable, like you can carry on dividing and dividnig and dividing and never get to 0.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

All ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia have scriptures claiming they were raised and taught by "gods from stars".

In fact they neither wrote about, nor believed, any such thing.

The Sumerians called them Anunnaki and pointed their origin as Nibiru.

Wrong on both counts.

Anunnaki is not a Sumerian word. The Sumerians referred to this particular class of gods as the Anunna.

They did not come from Nibiru. Nibiru (Nebiru) was a city, and it still exists today.

The Egyptians called them Neter and pointed their origin as Orion Belt and Sirius.

You made this up, didn't you?

The Hindu-Aryans called them Vedas,

The Vedas are the collective mythological literary works of India, not the name of a subset of gods.

Nor mentioning the Meso-american pre-Colombian civilizations that also claimed have been raised by gods from stars.

No, they didn't.

Making it up again?

You seem to like to make outrageous claims here. I wonder, can you produce a single reference (other than Childress, Hancock, VonDaniken, Sitchin, et al. that could possibly support even the tiniest portion of your ridiculous claims?

I don't think so, given that you think the Vedas are a collection of Hindu gods.

Harte

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

History channel is having a huge thing on it right now as i type this. ive been watching it for some time...
shhhhs real dude.
ive had dreams that i couldnt prove to anyone before i even heard of this , and these people are just saying things that just add up to much to make a picture so clear its almost impossible to look away...
they pretty much explained the dream i had was real and wasnt a dream..that i was really shown these things...cause my jaw just dropped when i was watching this show....i had a dream about aliens coming to earth for gold cause they had a rip in their universe and needed it to repair it...they look like us. and they are peacful beings looking for infinite knowledge.
i am convinced they came here before...OF COURSE until the day they come we wont really know the TRUTH.
But we sure as hell have a rounded ...really rounded evidence that SOMTHING GREATH happened back in the day, and suposedly is going to happen again in a very short time from now...
I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, BUT LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENDS NEXT

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Hello 1AnunnakiBastard, please allow me to disagree and ask some questions.

Actually what happened, is that the ancient aliens reported by the Sumerians as "Anunnaki"

Though there are analogs in the Mesopotamian religions, Annunaki is in actuality a Babylonian term.

were worshiped as deities or gods, by 10 in 10 ancient civilizations.

What ancient civilizations would these be?

By the last days of Pharaonic Egypt, the control of whole Middle East was with the "House of ENLIL".

What does this mean, exactly? Until Roman domination of Egypt, all rulers of Egypt referred to themselves as Pharaoh. By that time, the Middle East was divided (more or less) between the Romans and the Parthians. So what does the House of Enlil supposed to be?

The number of "gods" to be worshiped, was decreased to only two names: YHWH and Allah.

Nothing in the historical record bears this out. By the end of "Pharaonic Egypt" as you put it, multitudes of gods were being worshiped in the Middle East. Based on this fact alone, the rest of your statement falls apart.
edit on 25-11-2010 by WingedBull because: fixed bad quote

edit on 25-11-2010 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

All ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia have scriptures claiming they were raised and taught by "gods from stars".

Hello again 1Annunaki, could be so kind as to allow more disagreement and answer some questions?

Could you please point us to the actual scriptures from the Mesopotamians cultures that make these claims? While I am sure that there are many books on ancient astronauts that make this interpretation could you please provide the actual scriptures?

The Sumerians called them Anunnaki and pointed their origin as Nibiru.

As pointed out earlier, Annunaki is a Babylonian term. There are analogs in the other Mesopotamian religions, wherein they are thought of as underworld gods.

And which Nibiru? The Babylonians had a constellation (in Libra) they called Nibiru and referred to Jupiter as Nibiru at certain times of the year. If the Babylonians believed these beings to be from a specific place, what was that specific place?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'll shake you up a bit hehe We evolved on mars first, over time we laid it to waste then launched a naked couple to earth on a lone rocket which landed in the garden of eden

and now we procede to destroy earth while we try to reteraform mars so we can make the jump again

mmmm...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

derP?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
First, on the subject of the Inca scale model craft, NOTHING has been proven by the man who built the working model, but his own human ingenuity . Just because his model flies means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. As boring as this may sound, the only way to convince a suffeciently intelligent person of anything is to show them exactly what it is , that you are trying to prove. So, someone wanting to prove that the Inca craft, was actualy a model based on an alien vessel, is going to have to show me an alien vessel which looks identical to the ancient model made by the Inca. Either that, or Im going to shout BUNK at the top of my lungs, because merely assuming that because a model aircraft enthusiast can make a bird shaped model fly, proves ANYTHING about history is absolutely beyond witless. It shows an utter disregard for thoroughness , and evidence that lazy thinking is more acceptable in some circles than investigative prowess. A little natural selection would sort that right out, and heres hoping.
This utterly dissapointing assumptive attitude is getting wider and wider spread in the UFO interested community, and it quite frankly makes a mockery of all the real work, dedication of thought, and sharpness of mind exhibited by the countless pioneers and thinkers to have pondered this subject before us. We owe it to ourselves , and to both the past and the future of UFO investigation to renounce lazy , spiritualist crap, in favour of relying on the test tube and the bar graph , which at the very least cannot be attacked for thier impartiality, and at best are the real spirit level test , of any fact . In short, get the bloody hippies out, and lets get our sleeves up and get to real work.

Well sir, I think your wrong in thought process. How can these primative people just a hair away from the stone age even IMAGINE a flying craft? Those artifacts look nothing like birds! Where is your creative thinking? Where is your sharp mind for thinking outside of the box fit in?? Birds?? I dont think so. Secondly you must think about humanity in a life time line. Back then we were at our infancy stage, Infants tend to MOCK everything they see and hear. So how do you know that a primative adult saw a craft and decided to make a miniture model believing it had something to do with god? Just like for instance, I believe we were taught that gold was valuable...if you ask me wouldnt you think that WATER would be the most valuable substance on earth? We can not live with out it yet, a yellow rock that we CAN live with out is considered more valuable? I have always thought even as a small child that there was something strange about creation and the stories of the bible. For instance, Eve was made from Adams rib... is that not a form of biological engineering? Is it not coinsidence that the first man is named ADAM, just like the core of our make up is from ATOMS? What about the virgin Mary? Is that not a form of impregnanting someone?? All of this technology in the very BEGINING of mankind?? See to me sir, my thought process is very on track, very sharp, and very witty, to try and connect the dots. How can you say Ufology needs to investigate more thoroughly and without the lazy spirtual crap? Do you understand or comprehend how hard it is to invesigate this subject when ALL THE REAL evidence is being taken and hidden? So YES we rely on ancient texts like the bible and stories of the vimanas, egyptians, sumerians, WE HAVE TOO!! Alright chief, roll up your sleeves, instead of downing people for their "Assumptions" why dont you explain your ideas ?? And how you connect the dots!
edit on 27-11-2010 by StarrGazer25 because: Accidently posted with out writing my response... Ooops

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We should always remember that everything we think of someone has thought of before. Inventions we think of now, have been thought up before countless of times. In that retrospective, the thought of the human civilisation being influanced a long time ago by alien civilizations is not new, it only appears new.

Ancient human civilizations have always drew pictures of strange objects and beings coming from the sky why is this?
Perhaps it simply is that way because the sky has always been the limit. Was it not Jules Vernes who thought of the rocket to the moon, thus giving an example of mankinds ancient wondering of what lies beyond the earth? Shurely such thought should remember us that in thousands of years time the way of human thinking has changed little at best.

Unfortunatly ancient artifacts and drawing teach us little facts about the actual meaning of them. The rational mind explains them as part of the ancient beliefs of those civilizations, believes that with our knowledge have become alienated from ourselves.
The more imaginative mind can explain them as alien visitors that have influanced our civilization. That they might have thought or have used us. Maybe they have, maybe they haven't.

All evidance about such theories are running aground, we shouldn't underestimate the ability our own race has always had. We stand here today only because of our own past. If aliens are out there, they will reveal themselves in time, when we are ready.

As long as we still yearn for luxurious goods, as long as we still consume our planet reclessly and fiht over petty things we are not ready. Even on the street i see the human rcae failing daily, as drunken people fight over senseless remarks and the unbelievable stupidity of pride. We should not become hippies or bullies but instead reasonable people living reasonable lives. But we can't and we won't because we are not ready. How can we face another race of we can't even face ourselves? If alien civilisations have every met us they would ahve said; 'they have potential, but they are not ready yet. They still need to face themselves and learn to be reasonable.'
They would have lfft us, and they would have been right; we are not special, we are the norm and if we don't improve we will become something that is not even worth a footnote in the history of the universe.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

I realise that the field of UFO and aliens is difficult to work in because of the amount of secrecy , hoaxing and disinformation, I really do. However, things that are easy are rarely worth doing, and just because people are making it harder for real work to get underway, does not mean that we have carte blanche to allow our thoughts and our candour to reflect that by just rehashing spiritualist nonsense from yesteryear.
Quite frankly , I care not either way wether this particular craft is or is not an alien vehicle design in any format. What I care about is measures of proof, and you cannot say that because a man who builds flying toys for a living, made a replica of a stone talisman fly, you are swayed to believe that the talisman is based on a flying vessel. Its bird shaped, and the fellow is a good craftsman. That is the evidence of the eye, the worth while evidence. We are catagoricaly NOT talking about doubting the wounds of Christ here, and we need to step the hell away from that sort of bull if we are ever to be taken seriously .
It IS lazy to make assumptions without evidence. It IS false to make statements that cannot be backed up by physical , recordable, scientific proof. Its all very well to read a bible, worship a god, and so on and so forth. But when INVESTIGATING something you leave that at the door before you shrug on your lab coat and your goggles and you get your head in the damned game.
Just simply pointing out that various religions worshiped star gods has no gravitas as a measure of proof for the ancient alien. People worshiped the sun, and voices in the wind, and lord knows how many other random objects, sensations, and so on.
Let me give you an example of something you can prove:

The Egyptians worshiped many Gods, but at one stage the Pharaoh Akhenaten tried to abandon the old gods in favour of a solar deity .

This can be proven by countless artifacts , and refferences throughout the archeology of the period in which he lived. It has been proven. It is a fact.
What you cannot prove, is that the sun in the sky is an all powerful being with a mind, an intelligence.
This is the logical gap, unfilled by the nonsensical prattle of the ancient aliens obsession , the gap which seperates belief from knowlege. Belief is useful for will power, self reliance, instilling compassion and empathy in a person, but as a diagnostic tool, as a basis for statement of fact, it is next to no bloody use what so ever. My belief in God for instance, is no use to me as a researcher. It is of massive importance to my character, my ability to love my fellow human as an equal, my capacity to understand suffering , and my wish to improve the lives of the downtrodden. But in a lab, or in a debate, it is of no consequence what so ever. My belief remains strong, but I have had to learn that science and religion, must be stepped away from one another, even in the confines of ones own mind, if only to allow both to flourish independantly of one another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join