It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Theory the New Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
The Ancient Alien Theory is NOT a religion or a movement....

it is, simply because you dont have proofs

if you believe the ancient astronaut theory, it means you are following something that a lot of people do too based on faith, so, thats a religion

if you just respect it or study it, it doesnt mean you are a follower or religious ...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

You make no sense....I can't get into a time machine to go back into the genesis days, and neither can anyone else. We choose to go on logic and reason, math and science and judge based upn that.

That is all anyone can do.

Plenty of proof, but my question exactly what kind of proof are you expecting? You expecting an archaelogist to dig up a a note wriiten way back then that says, "These gods and angels were aliens." Alien is a modern word to describe extraterrestrials, just as gods and angels were used to describe them long ago.

It's called putting two and two together to get 4.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

i think maybe u should watch them so that u can argue against them just as i have read the bible so i can shove christianitys hypocritical b/s in there own mouths! they dont get on there and talk about david ickes nonesense or even get into any sitchins stuff...they provide actual things found on earth..such as the city of dwarka recently found off the coast of india

I'll take your advice and have a look at a couple of episodes.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I took the OP’s question on face value. Is AA becoming a religion?

Religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of life and the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency

The various mainstream religions have their beliefs and evidence to back it up so they say. So does AA. So no difference there.

Much of AA is based on ancient reports contained in the religious texts of the very religions some AA proponents are dismissing. Just the way the orthodox ones did and have done in times past. Again a similarity.

I could go on listing the similarities between the two.

To me too many are ready to accept the concept whilst discarding well founded knowledge that is backed up with facts, evidence and observable results when it suits them.

Is it science? My opinion is there is some very good work building a case that should be taken seriously, so probably science on the fringe but all new thinking starts this way and is either adopted or discarded when proven wrong.

My personal take is to keep an open mind and let the emerging evidence lead the way.

Some posters here are taking this as an attack on their belief system. It is not. It is a simple question that requires complex answers

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SincerelySarcastic
I can't stand when people, sadly you included, think that saying aliens created us means there is no God, that is what every Christian complains about. Many ancients texts actually speak about this difference, aliens were our Makers, not our Creators, the Talmud Jmmanuel makes that point very directly.

The point is that if the God of the bible doesn't exist as people who worship him know him to be, means their religion just made up nonsense in the same manner as if there was no God. Which is the same thing as saying there is a God, just not "your" God, making their religion false.

+ Vague interpretation of biblical passages to suit the ancient alien theory is just clasping at straws tbh.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Religion is awful, it insults us at our most basic level. The theory that we were created, and created with sin, that without religion we would be a barbaric in-human civlisation.

If that was the case we wouldn't have survived thousands of years before most of the mono-theistic religions were created, we would have killed each other out.

Humans shows solidarity, show compassion towards one another, it's what we called altruism and humans show it naturally.

There is no evidence for Aliens as a religion, when there is i'm interested. It's going to take a lot more than paintings in caves and Egyptian "Gods" for proof.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A movement? Yes. Religion? I don't think so. IMO, the Alien Astronaut theory doesn't have enough solid evidence yet. While I find the TV show about it on History very interesting, most of what makes up the show is simple speculation.

I would love to find out humanity has cosmic cousins out there in the universe somewhere, but I would like a little more than a theory before I start waiting for the mothership to beam me up.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Ancient Alien theory is becoming a new religion. But one thing is pretty clear to me, there are T/ETs here native or visiting. Its hard to set aside all the ancient, medieval and recent history. It appears the ones that are looking out for us won't want to help us any time soon, ahahha I dont blame them lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I am not going to debate whether Ancient Alien Theory is a viable one or not, just as I wouldn't debate God exists or not. But recently with all the shows, the books and the experts pointing to our existence here on Earth being somehow interrelated to aliens I can't help but see a movement forming.
Are we seeing the birth of a new religious movement in Ancient Alien Theory, where God has been replaced by alien life forms?
I am no expert on this field of study but I've watched the shows and read some of the books, the similarities that coincide with mainstream society and science seem too coincidental to brush off. If aliens were to land here and tell us it is all true, what we are thinking, how would we treat them now, like the religious disciples of our past? I see a great problem with this and some of you might understand where I'm leading to.
So I ask for opinions on this subject.
Also would you bow to our new found founders if they do come? Would you drop your faiths knowing everything told in human religion was a lie when it happens?

I debated whether or not to put this in the religious section or here, please excuse me if I was wrong Mods.

Actually what happened, is that the ancient aliens reported by the Sumerians as "Anunnaki", were worshiped as deities or gods, by 10 in 10 ancient civilizations. These aliens performed wars among themselves to suppress or sabotage the political/religious/military influence of the weak ones. By the last days of Pharaonic Egypt, the control of whole Middle East was with the "House of ENLIL". The number of "gods" to be worshiped, was decreased to only two names: YHWH and Allah. After most of the Anunnaki had left Earth, the elites replaced them by bogus religious institutions and became their "divine representatives". In the specific case of Catholic church, for example, the Council of Nicea hijacked the Sumerian genesis, Enuma Elish, and other Babylonian scriptures, that reported actual relationship between aliens and men, and turned them into a fairy tale of angels and "one god", know as the Bible. It seems that the same occurred within Islam and Judaism. Twisted versions of rich reports that turned into "sacred books". So, it's obvious that ancient aliens were replaced by an invisible god. Curiously on Asia and in the Indus Valley, people are still worshiping, freely, a multiplicity of ancient alien-gods just like in ancient times. And their existence was not suppressed nor twisted in fairy tales. If you know Sanskrit, you can simply get a copy of "Samarangana Sutradhara" and read aeronautic treaties, depictions of ancient Vimana crafts, their type of alloys, type of fuel used, flight range, weaponry and stuff. By the other hand, in the Bible, ancient alien crafts became "Lord's splendor" or "A wheel inside a wheel" and abductions became raptures.

IMO, there's no "new movement of ancient aliens religion", but we are finally waking up and realizing what actually happened in the ancient days of mankind, thanks mainly to Erich Von Dänniken and Zecharia Sitchin.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Unfortunately, many people are trying to make a pseudo-religion out of the whole ancient alien theory.

It pisses me off. The idea was to "solve" religion and realize it was all a system of control, that it was mostly based on ancient ETs dealing with Earth. But it seems people still need to worship "something". They still need cults and sects and religious enslavement.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti
Unfortunately, many people are trying to make a pseudo-religion out of the whole ancient alien theory.

It pisses me off. The idea was to "solve" religion and realize it was all a system of control, that it was mostly based on ancient ETs dealing with Earth. But it seems people still need to worship "something". They still need cults and sects and religious enslavement.

Sad.

The fact is that these very ancient aliens taught occultist sciences to men, in past times, to improve our existence. The metaphysical doctrines and practices of Ayurvedas literature, the Ancient Mysteries of Egypt, the roots of Gnostic wisdom... In the specific case of Christian Western civilizations, this wisdom was hijacked by the Illuminati Freemasonry and kept from the people. The modern mainstream religious enslavement is a tool of mass control, but this same elite still practicing twisted ancient occultist rituals with evil purposes.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

The fact is that these very ancient aliens taught occultist sciences to men, in past times, to improve our existence.

Please people don't listen to this charlatan, we're here to deny ignorance. This person has no evidence to be spouting out revealed wisdom regarding off-planet life assisting us in our venture in enlightenment, in science.

I don't know how you can not feel guilty spreading information without evidence or proof.

Are you aware that most archeaologists and historians within the scientific community would laugh at you and your theories, not because they are ignorant or in denial, because you literally have no evidence to back up your ludacris claims.

Please think twice before listening to people like this professing Nephilim/Annunaki/Nibiru trash.

You should start denying YOUR ignorance!! All ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia have scriptures claiming they were raised and taught by "gods from stars". The Sumerians called them Anunnaki and pointed their origin as Nibiru. The Egyptians called them Neter and pointed their origin as Orion Belt and Sirius. The Hindu-Aryans called them Vedas, the Hebrews called them Elohim. Nor mentioning the Meso-american pre-Colombian civilizations that also claimed have been raised by gods from stars. I suggest you to read some chapters of Samarangana Sutradhara, learn about the Vimanas and who piloted them, before calling me "charlatan", otherwise you just look like some hysterical person way too scared of the truth, that sleeps better at night, without no bad aliens threaten your fake concepts.
edit on 11/24/2010 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: wrong grammar

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Nonsense.

And i'm more than happy to embrace the idea of aliens with evidence. If such evidence was that convincing or that conclusive of aliens nuturing humans in their guide for a better life then the scientific community and historians would have accepted this has truth.
edit on 24/11/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why do so many people tend to believe in other figures of authority, such as scientists, archeologists, historians, doctors? Just because what? Just because they say it? Is that it? Just because they have some papers that prove they are knowledgeable "professionals"?

I have nothing against scientists and their so-called "scientific evidences". But there are other sources of knowledge and Truth (that in many cases are more viable and trust-worthy than a scientist's word).

What sort of "evidence" are people expecting to get anyways?

I bet that even if an alien descended down from the heavens in its luminous chariot of fire, people would still deny it. That stubborn and closed-minded they are. They'd say it's a "dream", they'd call it "impossible". They'd say it's "unreal". Denial, denial, denial. The most predictable of human reactions.

And like stubborn little children they just keep asking and demanding for "The Truth" to be handed over to them.

You can't expect nor wait for some ET to bring you the tangible palpable physical material visible smellable duplicable verifiable hard piece of "evidence". Because by the time they do, you will be so shut to the Truth of reality that you just wont see what's in front of your very eyes.

Deny ignorance they say...

When in fact many times they are embracing it...

(Anyways, thank you for hearing out my little rant of the moment ^^)

edit on 24-11-2010 by RKallisti because: Revisions.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Nonsense.

And i'm more than happy to embrace the idea of aliens with evidence. If such evidence was that convincing or that conclusive of aliens nuturing humans in their guide for a better life then the scientific community and historians would have accepted this has truth.
edit on 24/11/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

What part of "READ THE SAMARANGANA SUTRADHARA", you just didn't understand???? You feel more comfy calling people "charlatans" 'cause they present theories that defy your concepts???? You want evidence??? Anytime you did night watches with cameras and telescopes searching for alien crafts??? How many times have you done this??? How many ancient scriptures that report alien presence on Earth, had you read???

Dude get a clue!!!

edit on 11/24/2010 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: grammar corrected.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti
Why do so many people tend to believe in other figures of authority, such as scientists, archeologists, historians, doctors? Just because what? Just because they say it? Is that it? Just because they have some papers that prove they are knowledgeable "professionals"?

I have nothing against scientists and their so-called "scientific evidences". But there are other sources of knowledge and Truth (that in many cases are more viable and trust-worthy than a scientist's word).

What sort of "evidence" are people expecting to get anyways?

I bet that even if an alien descended down from the heavens in its luminous chariot of fire, people would still deny it. That stubborn and closed-minded they are. They'd say it's a "dream", they'd call it "impossible". They'd say it's "unreal". Denial, denial, denial. The most predictable of human reactions.

And like stubborn little children they just keep asking and demanding for "The Truth" to be handed over to them.

You can't expect nor wait for some ET to bring you the tangible palpable physical material visible smellable duplicable verifiable hard piece of "evidence". Because by the time they do, you will be so shut to the Truth of reality that you just wont see what's in front of your very eyes.

Deny ignorance they say...

When in fact many times they are embracing it...

(Anyways, thank you for hearing out my little rant of the moment ^^)

edit on 24-11-2010 by RKallisti because: Revisions.

95% of the scholars that provide the mainstream scientific knowledge that is taught in the schools and considered absolute and undeniable truth, are funded by Illuminati elite. For instance, the archeological excavations on the City of David, in Jerusalem, in the 1920s, were funded by the Baron Eduard de Rothschild as well as many other excavations in the Middle East. If any ancient artifact or scripture that could denounce the presence of ancient aliens on Mesopotamia was found, you don't think that it would be taught in the schools, do you??? It's obvious that there's an agenda that prevents any dangerous knowledge of reaching the masses. So that the concept of "scientific evidence" regarding alien subject, is just a matter of convenience.

Excavations in Jerusalem

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...

Look at the text underneath 2010!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I am not going to debate whether Ancient Alien Theory is a viable one or not, just as I wouldn't debate God exists or not. But recently with all the shows, the books and the experts pointing to our existence here on Earth being somehow interrelated to aliens I can't help but see a movement forming.
Are we seeing the birth of a new religious movement in Ancient Alien Theory, where God has been replaced by alien life forms?
I am no expert on this field of study but I've watched the shows and read some of the books, the similarities that coincide with mainstream society and science seem too coincidental to brush off. If aliens were to land here and tell us it is all true, what we are thinking, how would we treat them now, like the religious disciples of our past? I see a great problem with this and some of you might understand where I'm leading to.
So I ask for opinions on this subject.
Also would you bow to our new found founders if they do come? Would you drop your faiths knowing everything told in human religion was a lie when it happens?

I debated whether or not to put this in the religious section or here, please excuse me if I was wrong Mods.

Theres more evidence for ancient aliens then god

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Riveting tale, chap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join