It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Theory the New Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I believe that there is every possibility that there has been alien visitation to this planet since recorded history (right back to cave paintings you understand, not just the history which can be read from dusty texts , by even dustier people) and before probably. However, I will not accept the "Aliens are Gods" hippyisms which have sprouted forth from the frankly broken minds of the ignorant.
I believe that the focus where the possibility of the discovery of, and contact with alien species is concerned should be PURELY scientific. I also believe that the entire idea of aliens as gods, has spawned yet another wave of overly skeptical thinking amongst the general population and I can fully understand that. I would prefer if UFOlogy and related fields of investigation were purged of this cultist idiocy once and for all, so that those who remain after can concentrate on the raw facts , the science, and try to get to the bottom of the truth, rather than creating yet more dogma, another religion to numb our minds, and replace our reason.
I have heard every possible argument for the star gods theory, and it all seems about as bunk as every other form of cultist blabber. I cant stand it. I cant stand the manipulative tricksters who set the idea in motion, I cant stand those who believe that alien contact is achieved through meditation (absolutely the definition of total and complete fail) rather than via the application of energy pulses of some format, precisely modulated and utterly accurate.
The whole existance of the aliens as gods movement in my opinion, is evidence of nothing more than the utter stupidity of some people, and serves no purpose, other than keeping the weakminded out of the way , shut up in the lofts of thier houses, meditating. Its a hell of a lot safer for them than attempting that crap at a crossroads... mind you, that would be helpful from a natural selection point of veiw.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

who tries to contact aliens through meditation? them channelers? i dont think they actually meditate though!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If Aliens landed on the white house lawn today, they'd be greeted with hostility. We are a war like race in this day and age. Hell, we kill each other. We'd have no issue attempting to kill an Alien race from another world. This is why these beings from other planets dont mingle with man today. They mingled with Ancient man because that was a different time. But now, there are reports down the line over the years of us and other nations shooting down UFOs because we want their technology. Our government sees dollar signs when they see UFOs and they want them downed using any means necessary so that we can reverse engineer their technology.

In other words, no Alien race is gonna land and greet us any time soon. Not until world peace happens which will be between now and never.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
this right here will explain alot! and this will answer why I said we and any aliens are gods therefore it would be absolutely absurd to bow to another entity of the physical realm watch listen and keep an open mind thank you!

even the I think this is pretty explanative enough for a closed mind to grasp as its irrefeutable!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Are we seeing the birth of a new religious movement in Ancient Alien Theory, where God has been replaced by alien life forms?

As Colin42 posted above there is one.I would like to add that unfortunatelly this is the human nature.On the one hand you have people disappointed with the current religion/God and their need to believe in a higher power is so huge that they will replace this god with someone else.
On the other hand you have people that they will use this need to take advantage of the believers and earn money and power.So if scientology(or any other movement) becomes a bigger and eventually replace the major religions
won't surprise me,but i don't see it happening any time soon.

Also would you bow to our new found founders if they do come? Would you drop your faiths knowing everything told in human religion was a lie when it happens?

I'm an atheist.I don't bow to the current religions,so i guess i won't in the new.I will only say a big I TOLD YOU SO to those who are bugging me all this years about the one true god

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well it is a complex issue, but here is my opinion. I have combined read/watched Near Death Experience issue and Aliens issue and though that I have come op with this Idea. If you study religious text all over the world then you see that is mixes with spiritual and real happenings. In those religious text it is written that about God and Satan. In Christianity about a God that really looks with human quality like judging, anger etc. And in the Islam it is the same you go to heaven and hell. But Only if you obey God you will go to heaven and if you disobey God you will ho to Hell you can see that this is nothing more than a slave form. In the Hindu text you also can see that aliens were here in different religious text you can read that. For more information about that read Skyfloatings thread. So Now we know that aliens are described here in these texts.

However what does you feeling say? Is this a God who judges us on what we do? If we go to Church or Mosque? If we blasphemy God? If we don;t believe in God but we help all the humanity?I f because of difficulties in our life we go away from our religion? If in Islam we don't pray 5 times a day we will not go to heaven even if we helped other people and give them charities and love? Is God a judging entity? God Who can become angry? God who create whole mankind but only chooses the Jews to be the chosen one? Or the Muslims the chosen one? Or the Christians the chosen one? And the rest of the billions of people to go to Hell? What does your sense and feeling say? To me it says this is not a God. God created all of us and knows all of us. And loves all of us. Even if we don't go to Church or a Mosque he still loves us.

Who would you follow naturally a God that says it doesn't matter who you or or what you are you are good you are beloved by me. A God who cannot be angry, because if he is angry he is not God. God=Good A God that always accepts you. A God that is one thought away from you?

r would you accept a God that says you cannot have sex before your marriage you have to go to church, you have to wear the niqab or women are less valuable than man(in most of the religion) even if women were Gods creation?

Well I know who I want to follow. It will be the one who accepts me and loves me and know my intentions can read every thought of me. Who accepts all peoples Jeww, Christians, Muslims, Africans, Chinese, Hindus etc.
And that is exactly what people who account Near death Experience say to have witnesses. They say that God was a all loving entity and he was All knowing there was not even one evil/anger with him he knew my life I was my own judge. And he was so overwhelming that it is indescribable. People start to be very emotional when they describe the entity. Just watch those videos on Youtube that give you an idea. Also NDE's has been scientific researched well. And one of those scientist/cardiologist is Pim van Lommel. He says no matter what you cultural/ religious background you have or gender or even sexual orientation they describe the same thing when they die.

So in conclusion those religious text are a mix of aliens and the real God. the real God doesn't give you rules he says you are free to do whatever you want to do or believe. He even like gays. As long as you give love , because it is about love. They all say that. Instead the aliens say obey me and all those pathetic rules that you need to follow and you have to dislike or sometimes even fight the non-believers( your fellow humans that God created).

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I Think TPTB could use aliens as the next method of control as religion loses power amongst the western world.
Every so often I think there will be major changes needed for them to keep control. Imo the changes could be soon as more and more people are waking up and they dont want everyone to become a freeman.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist
In Christianity about a God that really looks with human quality like judging, anger etc. And in the Islam it is the same you go to heaven and hell. But Only if you obey God you will go to heaven and if you disobey God you will ho to Hell you can see that this is nothing more than a slave form.

Man made religion based on ideals and morals to keep the public in line. To have order in society.

Who would you follow naturally a God that says it doesn't matter who you or or what you are you are good you are beloved by me. A God who cannot be angry, because if he is angry he is not God. God=Good A God that always accepts you. A God that is one thought away from you?

r would you accept a God that says you cannot have sex before your marriage you have to go to church, you have to wear the niqab or women are less valuable than man(in most of the religion) even if women were Gods creation?
I never did like the no sex before marraige or you will go to hell, its a moral issue not an eternity issue. We are animals, and it is only in our instincts once puberty kicks in to have sex. Its natural, it might not be morally right, because no one wants to see a 16 year old pregnant as it will jepordize her education and is to young to provide for the child. But I dont believe we will go to hell for it. Second of all, I believe that women were gods masterpiece, maybe because I am a woman and have experinced three pregnancies. My first was a miscarraige, my second had a birth deffect and passed at 6 months old, my third is finally a healthy beautiful child who is way smarter then her 2 1/2 years of life. I have experinced the beauty and the pain, of carrying, bearing, loving and losing a child. Women are beautiful creatures that should be loved, respected, and protected. We might be weak in a physical sense compared to a man but we are strong emotionally, and spirtiually. And man made religions to dumb down and disregard woman as their husbands property. Or to be ashamed of our bodies.

And that is exactly what people who account Near death Experience say to have witnesses. They say that God was a all loving entity and he was All knowing there was not even one evil/anger with him he knew my life I was my own judge. And he was so overwhelming that it is indescribable. People start to be very emotional when they describe the entity. Just watch those videos on Youtube that give you an idea. Also NDE's has been scientific researched well. And one of those scientist/cardiologist is Pim van Lommel. He says no matter what you cultural/ religious background you have or gender or even sexual orientation they describe the same thing when they die.
After my 6month old daughter passed, I researched into near death experince and I found comfort in what people discribed, and the fact that they all discribe the same thing and they were from all different parts of the world. My favorite thing I saw was a group of children, one from china, one from germany, one from australia, and one from mexico and one from the united states, all from different religious backgrounds. and ranging in ages from 5 to 13 were asked to draw what they saw, They all drew a man with brown hair they all drew hearts and rainbows, they drew the sun and explained how warm it was. One drew a smiley face and said he felt happy and didnt want to leave. It was amazing it had the actual pictures from the children and of course the iteams were all in the same exact place on the piece of paper, but they all had the same icons on their papers just in different places..

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
No it's not a new religion it's nothing like a religion. Religion has doctrines and codes, belief systems do not. Much is made of the so called *missing space* that people turning from organised religion has left. Says who? Say, in general, people who just drop the phrase into conversations in an attempt to look intellectual.

Religion, to a huge number of people world wide, is little more than a spiritual life jacket. Something everyone thinks they ought to have just in case, but they don;t actually pay it much mind for most of their lives. Plus, spirituality and religion often have absolutely nothing in common whatsoever. Religion is, more often than not, a set of rules laid down to control social groups and individual's behaviour.

I have yet to meet anyone who claims to be righteous and enlightened simply by delving into the idea maybe we have been visited by aliens in the distant past.

The so called *god spot* in the human brain is spiritual not about religion. Most people merely respond instinctively to whatever creed they are exposed to during their lives without actually consciously addressing the experience as they would other parts of their lives.

As for conspiracies, the hypocrisy that surrounds the whole field is breath taking. Whilst the cold war was in progress the public was drip fed constant conspiracy theories by TPB insisted *the other side* was forever trying to burrow deep into fabric of society and seeking to destroy it from within. How people can;t see that there isn't a 'appeth of difference between TPB bigging up an organisation like Al Qaeda, there is no proof of its' actual existence and people claiming there are groups in the West with their own agendas that are pursued out side of the normal channels of the body politic is beyond funny.

Tree hugging hippies trying to stop whaling...... Conspiracy

Ultra right wing Christians trying to change American government policy.... Pressure group

Cubans in Grenada....... Conspiracy

Americans in El Salvador...... Legitimate foreign policy

edit on 20-11-2010 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Metalholic, I too was utterly gobsmacked by the fact that some try to contact ET via meditation , not just channeling. Some believe that the astral projection ideaology was and is an intergalactic telephony system, whos sole purpose is to allow communion with ancient star beings, some refer to as Gods.
Quite frankly I utterly understand your disbelief, because I share it, but these people are out there, and giving UFOology a bad name in my opinion, taring all of us who do not shun the concept of life outside our solar system, with the brush of zealotry. Its unfortunate but its true!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
No is the answer. Asking such a question only helps undermine the research that has been taken to see if the theory is true. It will be much easier for main stream science/the media to poo poo the theory if it carried the label of a new age religion.

Much of the theory fascinates me, and the evidence presented is pretty compelling, If it turned out to be true I would not start worshiping these aliens even if they did have a hand in our evolution as they are not Gods.

As others have mentioned there are no doctrines, methods etc that believers/researchers in the theory should practice. Its another scientific theory that receives unfair treatment from mainstream science as it has implications if supported would change/end a great deal of groups (current religions, governments, societies included).

Neither is it an alternative for religion. It still does not account for who created the aliens, the "soul" or where our mind and sense of self comes from.

The Vatican has famously said that there is place for God and the church in a universe where other intelligent beings exist.

Main stream science concludes that not just life but intelligent life other than ourselves is statistically most likely in the galaxy not to mention the universe itself.

We know that we humans have the technology and knowledge to create human life from cloning artificial insemination and have the ability to create new genetically altered species (GM food, dolly the sheep etc). Our own fears and morals are the biggest barrier to creating GM humans. Fears and morals that other alien species may not of had / have.

So the theory isn't actually that outlandish really and deserves more attention at least to "debunk" it but fairly and scientifically.

Finally to reiterate - No its not a religion, healthy open debate is encouraged but please try not to label it as one - it only helps push the research further into the fringe and scares other scientists and research institutes away from looking into it and giving it funding and time it deserves. In an ideal world it should be fairly studied and analyzed inside and out, if the outcome of this analysis proves it not to be true then great! at least it had a chance and wasn't labeled a religion before it could be taken seriously.

edit on 20-11-2010 by MrSpiderMonkey because: grammatical correction

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The Ancient Alien Theory is NOT a religion or a movement....

It is a way to explain the beings and the events of the bible.

I believe it.

You can not say that you believe in the bible and not believe in the Ancient Alien; they are one in the same.

Gods and Angels visited planet Earth with a mission. same as in the bible.

The difference between believers of the Ancient Alien theory and religious people is that we ( Ancient Alien theorists) do not 'worship' any god. We understand a 'god' to mean extraterrestrial being whose in charge ( of a crew). There is no church that we need to subscribe to or perform any ritual acts, as religious people do. We do not believe that any god, alien or not, is in the sky making things happen.

So NO......Ancient Alien Theory is not a religion, nor is it scientology.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I am an atheist as well

However, I believe in the bible, and the bible is decsribing cosmic beings, cosmic events, and cosmic wars.

The Ancient Alien Tehory is NOT a religion and there is no church, rutual, god, or money.....

Its just a way to interpret the bible....nothing more,nothing less.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpiderMonkey

EXACTLY!!

As stated before, I am an atheist who will bow down to NO ONE

The Ancient Alien is what I believe and it makes the most logical sense of the bible.

Peopl try to label the Ancient Alien Theory as a religion mcuh like scientology, who has taken the theory and put the false religion spin on it.

They are totally independent of each other.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I was thinking the same thing. I especially had to chuckle once when I heard somebody on the show say that Jesus might have been an alien.
Still I can't help but believe the truth is probably somewhere in between. The book of Genesis states, "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness". Pay special attention to "us" and "our".
Also from Genesis, "When men began to multiply on the face of the ground, and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose. Then the LORD said, "My spirit shall not abide in man for ever, for he is flesh, but his days shall be a hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown."
1 Chronicles 20:6 says, "And there was again war at Gath, where there was a man of great stature, who had six fingers on each hand, and six toes on each foot, twenty-four in number; and he also was descended from the giants."

When I read passages such as these it's much easier to consider that ETs probably played a part and would explain some of the more fantastic things in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thank you all for the fierce diversity of your opinions, I would love to read more.

I will give my opinion for those who would like to read it.
As far as AA Theory I am on the fence, lots of coincidences but also lots of explanations.
Being an Agnostic Theist I do believe in the concept of God(s), but I bow to nothing, including myself. I started this thread to try and look at this subject objectively, combining the answers of many different views to see if I could gauge the question more accurately. I have found I cannot do this. AA theory at this point in time imo, is a viable as any other belief system I have come across.

Religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of life and the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency, or human beings’ relation to that which they regard as holy, sacred, spiritual, or divine.

What separates religion from a belief system is that religion is public. And I am in no way stating 'all' who believe in ufo's are believers in a 'new religion' (by the way 'new' meaning 'mainstream' more then timing). But the great tides of people who believe our race, our planet, our religions, our gods, our architecture, our art and even our dna is part of an alien culture, it's heading the way of a bona fide religious belief system.

My initial post was double edged though for if I wrote:
I am not going to debate whether (your religious beliefs) is a viable one or not, just as I wouldn't debate God exists or not. But recently with all the shows, the books and the experts pointing to our existence here on Earth being somehow interrelated to (your religious beliefs) I can't help but see a movement forming. . . Also would you bow to our new found founders if they do come? Would you drop your faiths knowing everything told in human religion was a lie when it happens?

Would any of you change your answers in the context of, "If your 'god' came to Earth instead of the aliens?"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A truly superior being needs no worship. A forgiving loving god will not put you in a fiery abyss. There are no founding fathers. Worship = slavery = bad. It's all about self-responsibility. There is a GOD within YOU.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Also would you bow to our new found founders if they do come? Would you drop your faiths knowing everything told in human religion was a lie when it happens?

The only ETs that would expect that kind of recognition (of worship) would be the Service-to-Self ETs. So far they have been achieving this "worship", not directly, but in other forms and via other means.

And this is the reason why the more "benevolent" ETs don't make a more mainstream or public appearance, because they don't want Humans to take them as "Gods". And until Humans begin to accept their existence and look upon them as "fellow brethren" (for a lack of better terms), I don't think they will be showing up.

And just for the record, it is not just two factions or two races that are at work here. There are different ET species with different interests and different agendas (just like people).

Those are my two cents.
edit on 20-11-2010 by RKallisti because: Spell-check.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

to answer the last part of your last reply to all of us i want to say this!

nothing in physical form is a whole god it is a piece of god we are all god in that there is a realm that we cant see with the physical eye called the spiritual realm here in the physical spiritual energy has manifested to experience its own existence in a new way physicality! god is everything it is the energy that flows in all of us and the energy that makes everything possible

in all honesty i hate using the term god b/c god would seem like a being with a physical form or an appearance right! but god has no form as we all take its form the computer u are using is apart of god!

so anything that states it is god is only partially right b/c the being it is saying it to is also god!

i kinda wonder if aliens landed genetically manipulated our ancestors to jump start our evolution and when they said we are gods that it wasnt taken out of context see when the aliens said we are gods they were prolly talking about them and us and everything but like a white man discovering the new world and the native saying no one owns the land it was misunderstood!

now tell me thats not a good arguement! b/c we all know that that feels pretty spot on!
edit on 20-11-2010 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2010 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
if you use your brain, you will find out that ancient astronaut theory is more probable by the math than islam, bible and these mainstream religion

but really, I dont have the need to believe in anything, but one thing I can say: if I had to choose between the ancient astronaut and the bible, I would pick the first no doubt about it ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join