It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't like lights in the sky don't even bother opening this one

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Actually, I forgot I put it on YouTube! It killed the resolution (original is much clearer) but here it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Venus is a deep golden colour never white...

What on Earth are you talking about?

Venus is surely mostly white like a star, I have seen it a million times before and it always appeared exactly as it does in the video. Here is an example of Venus, Jupiter, and the Moon:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Here is more examples:

All of these examples of Venus are the same color as the object in the original video.

...and the angular distance form the sun in that video, to my eyes is far too great for it be Venus. I'm no professional astronomer however, it has been a passion since i was a small child.

What elevation do you think Venus is at in the video?

Did you see this image I posted of Stellarium?

img534.imageshack.us...

Did you even look at Stellarium your self?

This Venus at it's greatest elongation and to my eyes it is nowhere near high enough to be the object in the video.

Honestly, I think you need to learn a bit more about astronomy.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

It's aliens. Probably the friendly vegetarian, planet-loving spiritual master type.

I've traveled astrally, I know what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Interesting video, hard to tell what it might be.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I don't know what planet you live on Gift but that is not Venus from the Earth.. Through that field of view the camera has, the horizon would always be in view or, at the most, just below the field of view. Now that might not be so on your planet, fair enough, but on Earth from a place only 40 miles west of where i live it is. Post as many videos as you like you wont find one with Venus that far from the Sun in the sky from England.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I don't know what planet you live on Gift but that is not Venus from the Earth..

Show us your evidence that it is not Venus. All you are doing is denying the evidence I have shown, and avoiding my questions. What elevation do you think the object is in the video?

Through that field of view the camera has, the horizon would always be in view or, at the most, just below the field of view.

WRONG. You are making baseless claims. Did you not watch this video?

At 0:20 you can see how far away the sun is from Venus. In most of those shots it is night time (horizon and sun completely out of view) and Venus is still in view.

I am pretty sure at this point you don't know what you are talking about. You are just in denial like always.

Now that might not be so on your planet, fair enough, but on Earth from a place only 40 miles west of where i live it is. Post as many videos as you like you wont find one with Venus that far from the Sun in the sky from England.

What planet are YOU on? If you are on Earth, I don't think you know anything about astronomy.

Not only did I already post two videos showing how far away Venus can be seen from the sun, but here you are denying straight FACTS. I don't know why I even bother trying to talk to you, every topic all you do is deny deny deny deny deny. Always.... and you are mostly always wrong in the end.
edit on 19-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Fishily you have decided when the video was taken without any proof to back it up. I would guess it was taken in the last couple of days, in the evening as the weather matches, almost perfectly, the weather we have been having in this area.. That means it cannot be Venus at all as Venus is presently a morning star in the East.

Secondly, having carefully watched the video a few times, it is moving, no planet seems to move visibly unless you are using huge magnification on it.

Thirdly, I have been studying the skies since i was small child. Venus is a quite obviously golden colour and showing me footage taken with cameras whose colour is not really very accurate makes no sense whatsoever. The colours in this video are actually pretty damn good if Venus was in it it would be quite obviously golden yellow not white. This is what Venus looks like in reality under similar lighting conditions from Britain..

Venus setting

Fourthly, planets do not scintillate they shine with a steady light. This light quite obviously is dipping in brightness at times and then increasing in brightness, in a way no planet does.

You'd know all of this if you had any real experience making astronomical observations instead of misunderstanding what you read online.

I don;t know what the object is, I do know it isn't Venus based on 40 years experience of watching the sky.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Fishily you have decided when the video was taken without any proof to back it up. I would guess it was taken in the last couple of days, in the evening as the weather matches, almost perfectly, the weather we have been having in this area.. That means it cannot be Venus at all as Venus is presently a morning star in the East.

I already did back up the claim of when it was taken.. Here YOU are GUESSING and you are COMPLETELY WRONG.

In my first post I posted a link to this video:

Clearly the video was uploaded April 2009, and the title clearly says 03/09. Supposedly it was taken March 2009.

Almost every day of March 2009 at sunset in Birmingham U.K., Venus is above the Sun. On March 1st 2009, Venus is exactly in the same spot in the video.

"Fishily" you have decided to completely ignore all the evidence I have brought forward, and accuse me of posting without backing up my claims... and then YOU post without backing up your claims... just a wild guess and denial.

Secondly, having carefully watched the video a few times, it is moving, no planet seems to move visibly unless you are using huge magnification on it.

Please provide your evidence that the object is moving, and not the contrail below it. If the contrail was moving, it would appear the object is moving.

1) If you listen to the sound of the camera, you hear wind. This means wind could possibly be blowing the contrail and moving it. This would make the object appear to move.

2) The camera man didn't even know it was moving at first, and even questioned himself. It wasn't until the child thought it was moving that the man thought it was moving. Both of them probably fooled by the moving contrail.

To me, the object doesn't move at all. The contrail is moving and making it appear to move.

Thirdly, I have been studying the skies since i was small child. Venus is a quite obviously golden colour and showing me footage taken with cameras whose colour is not really very accurate makes no sense whatsoever. The colours in this video are actually pretty damn good if Venus was in it it would be quite obviously golden yellow not white. This is what Venus looks like in reality under similar lighting conditions from Britain..

Venus setting

Don't try to tell me what Venus looks like. Venus is NOT a "golden color". Venus is clearly bright white and a very unnoticeable yellow, and is often confused as a star by other people. I just showed you MANY examples from MANY different cameras and they all show the same color. All you show me is ONE misleading picture from ONE camera. That misleading picture you provided is only showing Venus as it is passing through the orange horizon. Stop spreading false information.

Here is a true color of Venus up close:

Venus is mostly bright white when viewed with normal cameras and eyes. The only planet that appears to have any real color with the naked eyes is Mars.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

What color is Venus?

If we looked at Venus with our eyes above the atmosphere, we would see a really bright white-yellowish ball with essentially no features.

Here is Venus through a telescope, and it is mostly bright-white.

I can't believe I am arguing the color of Venus. You just might be the only person who I have ever met who thinks Venus does not appear bright white.

Fourthly, planets do not scintillate they shine with a steady light. This light quite obviously is dipping in brightness at times and then increasing in brightness, in a way no planet does.

That isn't scintillation, that is compression. The only time it "scintillates" is when he zooms out so far that the object is too small to be represented as a single pixel, and the camera shakes. Since the object is too small to be represented as a single pixel, the compression algorithm blends the sky colors onto the object and makes it appear to change in brightness which you erroneously confuse as being scintillation.

When the guy zooms in on the object there is ZERO "scintillation", which proves it is just a compression artifact. It is actually the most known side effect to digital imagery which relies on pixels.

You would have known that if you had any real experience with digital graphics.

You'd know all of this if you had any real experience making astronomical observations instead of misunderstanding what you read online.

Oh please, don't give me that rubbish. I make astronomical observations all the time. In fact, just 3 days ago I recorded a video of the Moon, and Jupiter, and the Space Station passing between them, and posted them on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heck... my avatar is a star! My knowledge of the heavens is vast.

I don;t know what the object is, I do know it isn't Venus based on 40 years experience of watching the sky.

You don't know crap.

The only thing you know is how to claim to be an expert on every single UFO topic. One day you are a sound expert, the next day you are an expert on graphics, now you are an expert on the sky. The only problem is, every single UFO topic you claimed to be an expert in, the UFO turns out to be a HOAX. It's never fails. I just hope you learn your lesson some day.

Again, for the 3rd time, FireMoon ignored my question.

What elevation (angle) do you think the object is in the sky??

Don't ignore my question again.

This object is quite obviously just Venus....

FireMoon has a history of denial, so I think I'm just going to start ignoring him now.
edit on 20-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

That was a highly articulate outburst
Star for you

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Don't know if it's Venus or not, but whatever the object is, it isn't moving. It's obvious that's its the "chemtrail" that's drifting thus creating the illusion.

If the OP agrees the object is staionary, then why is it even being dubbed a UFO?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
going to have to say weather balloon

Hundreds to thousands of weather balloons are regularly launched every day globally, and have been for decades.

A tiny fraction of them generate UFO reports, but given their large numbers it is not reasonable to attribute them as a cause of many such reports.
edit on 20-11-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Problem solved, it's Venus, this is a screengrab from stellarium, Birmingham, 18:00 10/03/09 (looks about right from the vid) and the same direction:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cb61a6404ab.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 21/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You bring up a good point,.
Maybe there should be a "lights in the sky" forum.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Loved the video. The light sure looks strange, thanks for sharing. I see strange things late at night, some nights certains stars do not act like stars. So, I appreciate your video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join