It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Settlement reached in suit between 9/11 workers and Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Just ran across this , thought it would give everyone something to argue about .

My take on it ? Those EVIL 'insider' bastards had this part of the conspiracy planned in advance also ...

Just sayin ...
edit on 19-11-2010 by okbmd because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Federal EPA officials told NYC that the air was "safe" that was in the face of the NYC EPA's earlier findings of deadly toxicity needing a regional disaster emergency alert and advised importation of medium-grade gasmasks as the crystalline-smoke plume was still going for another 5 weeks.

So did EPA official Christine Todd Whitman lie??? Or was it simply a mistake?? Were the scientific readings regarding the air quality faked or just wrong?? How can there be such a discrepancy between the two scientific readings on air quality??

If they had declared a regional environmental disaster emergency the cleanup would have been slowed significantly. This is important...remember the rush to clear the debris??? Why?? There is still nothing built on the site and it is 10 years later! Someone would have declared this a crime scene and demanded that evidence be gathered and examined thoroughly...that's why.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
wasn't the original fund over 900 million dollars, almost a billion, and now 95 % of the workers have settled on 625 million? does anyone else see something wrong with this?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

wasn't the original fund over 900 million dollars,

No , I don't believe it was , according to the article . It says that the Judge rejected the first proposal , in consideration of the victims . Why would he reject a substantially higher offer in favor of a lesser one ?

Read the article .

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Thanks for posting, I saw this the other day also, I am very happy for them that they finally can worry about trying to deal with any of the ill effects they received due to their assistance down at the pile. It's long over due, and is truly a disgrace that they weren't able to access the 9/11 funds in the first place. Hopefully we will never have to deal with a tragedy of this nature again, but if we do hopefully we have learned from it.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

So did EPA official Christine Todd Whitman lie??? Or was it simply a mistake?? Were the scientific readings regarding the air quality faked or just wrong?? How can there be such a discrepancy between the two scientific readings on air quality??

These are some questions I would also like to see answered .

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
How could anyone think that the air quality after the collapse could be safe? Just the asbestos alone from those two decrepit buildings was enough to cause significant future damage to one's health. Not to mention all of the other toxic cancer causing garbage which was in the air that day.

"If they had declared a regional environmental disaster emergency the cleanup would have been slowed significantly. This is important...remember the rush to clear the debris?"

Of course, they said to hell with the workers. Priority number one for them was to get rid of the incriminating physical evidence before anyone got some wise idea, like to test for explosives. At that point, the cover up of the crime was much more important to the perps than the health of some workers on the site.

new topics

top topics

join