It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing idea in the theory of electrical current

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Superconducting Cables
It is a dream for engineers; resistance-less flow of electric current for transporting large currents in power lines.
A full scale developmental facility was built at Brookhaven National Laboratory in the late 80's. A cable was built using Nb3Sn conductor tape 6mm wide, with a Critical Temperature of 18K. The cable operated at 1000MVA.
This was the 1st successful application of superconducting power transmission. These cables however, need to transmit very large amounts of power for them to be cost effective.

N.B. Although superconductors offer no resistance to direct current (dc), the fact that everyday power uses alternating current (ac), means that power loss is still incurred. This happens because an ac current generates radio waves that are absorbed by the insulating material in the cable. This happens whether the material is superconducting or not.

The above text taken from this link
www.abdn.ac.uk...

Okay here is the summary and my basic little bit of insight. They are talking about high power super conducting material for the transmission of large volumes of energy, like power transmission lines, (energy weapons), High Yield Fussion Energy Reactors, Advanced Electrical /ION drives etc.

Saying that using super conductors gives you no loss of energy EXCEPT that there is a resistance and hence power loss when using AC current due to radio waves being absorbed by the insulating material on the conductor.

So since radio wave interference can cause resistence to the electrical current. IS IT NOT POSSIBLE THEN THE antithesis of this paticular radio wave formation then "push" or accelerate the electrons faster ????

Thus being said would it be possible to stimulate a pulse of electrons with the right frequency radio wave that will actually cause the electrons to form a more orderly stream and therefore increase the generation points effeciency ?

I was thinking maybe if you sent a directed radio wave of specific form at a carrier line, that instead of causing resistence in the line it would actually help accelerate the electrons in the cable.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
An electromagnetic wave such as a radio wave can induce current flow in conductors--true statement. This is called inductance. But you would need to use power from somewhere to increase current flow. Hence the dilemma. Nothing is 100% efficient. Check out the laws of thermodynamics.

Peace out,
TC

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am a bit confused by your response. I understand the law of thermodynamics and I know that the "pushing" radio wave must have some quantity of input power and that there is some loss due to infracted waves, absorption etc.

But my question had to do with accelerating electron via radio waves. Not in overunity claims, systems whatever.

Just the idea of making electron streams flow smoother or with less resistenance when subjected to a complimentary radio form (if there is such a thing).

Example;

Conductor A has a resistenance value of lets call it 20

When we pump 1 Mega watt through it we get 800 Kilo Watts at the other end

Now lets say we use a higher efficency strand in Conductor A and get a resistenance value of 5

So now we pump 1 Mega watt through it and get 950 Kilo Watts at the other end

So now lets float the same Conductor with a harmonizing radio wave that increases the "flow" of the electrons through the Conductor.

Is it possible that we could pick up more electrons then we put in ? or that we could reduce the loss of efficency to 0

So that when we put in 1 Mega watt we could get 1+ on the other end ?

I think what is missing in inductance is that there might be a material like NB3SN or something like it that has a natural harmonic that is in tune with the out put of the Sun. Thereby if we simply create something (a conductor) out of this material and float it in sunlight, that when we apply a small input energy the natural energy already bombarding the planet from the Sun then multiplies the small input energy into a huge power source.

Maybe thats what the ancients knew, and thats why we think they were so behind because they lacked "electricity" when in fact they knew of where to get more energy then they could possibly use.

A specific orientation of a metal or crystal substance, manufactured in A paticular way that when exposed to sunlight could yield a sizable amount of power.

Rambling sorry, but my train of thought seemed to get hijacked from somewhere.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Superconductors are very real and will be in use in the near future. I think by your example you make sense and that these types of machines/things? have been too quickly viewed as "impossible" in the past and dismissed by mainstream science.There is some real big cash behind the development of superconductors, and they will be in productive use sooner than some would expect, and they may even be able to increase the efficiency by simply "taking" energy from another source.

If you read the referenced page it says "This was the 1st successful application of superconducting power transmission" I just wanted to point that out for those who missed it
- So ya it actually is real... 100%

[edit on 30-6-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I know super conductors are real, thats not really the point, its the last thing the said in the reference that when you start out you have this DC power but when we transmit AC power that the very nature of AC power creates Radio Wave Forms that disrupt the flow of electrons through the conductor and thus cause resistance.

IF this is true, then also the reverse must be true that an "opposite" signal should then help order electrons and increase the flow, or the rate of electrons past a given point.

Not the fact that super conductors (whch by the way are usually required to be chilled to become highly efficent) increase the efficiency of the flow of electrons from a given source.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Good job Robertfenix, that would likely be a viable method of increasing efficiency in AC current.

I'm unsure why you put that it is a missing idea in 'the theory of electrical current' - it is really just a topical solution to a loss of energy in AC transmission. Really good thinking, you could set a transmitter and a receiver on every pole, to run straight to the next pole, but you would have to make the connecting lines perfectly straight, or near it..

Superconductors are amazing.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Nikola Tesla was probably the only man who had all this figured out. As all of you know, he was light years beyond everyone of his day, and quite possibly even today.

One problem with AC current flow through a conductor is the higher the AC frequecy used (Hertz), the current flow encounters an increased resistance (impedance). This is because for whatever reason the electron flow through the conductor becomes more and more limited to the outside of the conductor. Take a look at these poor diagrams:

C is the conductor, and E represents the actual location of current flow. You are looking at a cross-section of a conductor, viewing it on end.

Low frequency circuit:

EE
EEEEE
EEECEEE
EEEEE
EE

High frequency circuit:

EE
ECCCE
ECCCCE
ECCCE
EE

Of course, Tesla knew the relationship. He loved his coils (inductors). Every coil and capacitor has a resonant frequency. He maximized power output in AC circuits by computing this frequency based upon the capacitance (farads) and the inductance (Henries). This is done by:

Computing values of impedance:

Capacitor:

Xc=1/2*PI*F*C

Inductor:

Xl=2*PI*F*L

Then transpose the formula with the values of Xc or Xl and get the resonant frequency. Resonance is where Xl=Xc You will have to adjust either Xc or Xl. Not at the same time!

Maybe there ARE new materials we can used as conductors that will have an effect on these formulas. So far, I haven't seen any that do.

Take Care,

TC

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Trenchcoat]

new topics

top topics

join