It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four year old met his mother's miscarried child in Heaven

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Do you have proof of that or is that an assumption?

No, I don't have proof. But where does a 4-year-old get the concept of "heaven" if not from his parents? In the interview, the boy said he saw his father "talking to God" and that "the angels were singing to me" and "God is a big person, who can fit the entire world into his hands", "Jesus had a rough, but kind face and a smile that lit up the heavens", etc...

The family is obviously religious, so I think it's a fairly safe assumption, but an assumption, nonetheless.

He also could have heard about a baby dying in his mother's tummy from another family member.

I am not religious, but I do believe there's more to us than the physical. I don't know anything about it, and I could be full of it, but it's what I believe.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The father is a minister of some sort so the child had heard religious stories before the incident.

However, I've read child NDE stories where kids have seen religious figures and things and not have been taught them before. One little fella on Oprah, who was raised without religion, said he met a 'wizard' and the 'wizard' greeted him in a beautiful peaceful place by showing him a basket full of puppies. That came from a little boy with no religious teachings or beliefs .. a household that was athiest.

As for this story, I believe what the child said can happen. I'm not sure it happened to HIM. Supposedly It took two years for the father to put all the pieces together and understand that the kid had an NDE. That doesn't sound right, especially considering the father is a minister. And I saw the kid interviewed on TV. When he said Jesus had a smile that lit up the heavens .. the kids face was stoic. If I had seen that I would have been at least somewhat emotional or smiling in recollection of the event.

So ..what he said can happen, but I doubt it happened to him. IMHO

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
One little fella on Oprah, who was raised without religion, said he met a 'wizard' and the 'wizard' greeted him in a beautiful peaceful place by showing him a basket full of puppies. That came from a little boy with no religious teachings or beliefs .. a household that was athiest.

This is the kind of thing I think can happen. What is a Wizard? Only those with religious knowledge would assume it's Jesus. There may be another plane of existence. Maybe there are wizards and baskets of puppies there.
Sounds like a great place to me. But is it the "heaven" that the bible talks about and that religion is based on? I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm fairly skeptical of this account, not because I don't believe in a higher power, but because of the money these people are making...

Also I wanted to say: Anyone who bashes religion needs to ask theirself why they are so upset at it in the first place. Are you only focusing on the negative? It it really that big of a deal if their faith is wrong? Why does it matter so much to you? Why do you have to be so rude to these people? Are you forgetting the positive aspects of religion? Kindness, family, love, helping the needy, forgiving and forgetting, morals, dignity? Sure, there are extremists groups. Wherever you find a large group of people, you will always find a small group of cooks. Sure, there have been world leaders who have exploited and brainwashed their populace with the aid of religion. Have there not also been world leaders who have exploited a countries lack of religion? The correct answer would be yes. The USSR massacred 10 of millions of Christians. They did so because they did not want anyone looking to a higher authority than their government. They found Christians and other religions were the main obstacles to their world government, because they were the main ones who challenged their authority. God was their leader, not Stalin.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The kid described a Jesus looking fella. (nice, friendly, youngish fella with a beard and long hair). His only frame of reference was 'wizard'. It could have been Jesus. It could have been another dimensional being with abilities that the kid saw as something a magical wizard would have. Dunno. Either way, the 'being' was very nice and, in order to make the child comfortable, produced a basket full of puppies. That's something every little boy (nearly every one) would love and it softened the experience (transition?) for him.

It was a cool story. I believed THAT kid because he was raised in an environment that didn't teach anything and (if I remember rightly) he was too young to be indoctrinated with other beliefs in a school system, etc. I also believed him because he showed some emotion at the recollection. Happy emotion. Whereas this other child that this thread is about .. the kid was completely stoic. I understand he could have been nervous for the cameras, but .... ya' know?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The kid's speaking sounds very "coached" and extremely rehearsed to me. NOT normal at all and he certainly sounds pretty bored to me for something of this magnitude to have occurred. It just does NOT feel right to me at all. Not one bit.

Oddly enough, immediately as I was watching him speak in the video, I was reminded of those kids talking in the "Jesus Camp" Youtube vids. Those kids are so horribly brainwashed by that nonsense that it is scary.

Now, If jesus DID exist (which is hard to believe when you honestly look into it all) then he would not have had blue eyes anyways.

If the churches would paint the picture of this "jesus" guy being in heaven wearing military fatigues and an American flag in one hand, and an M16 in the other, the kid (and everyone else having these delusions whether fabricated or not) would have said exactly that description of the "jesus" guy.

Some folks just want to believe this to be true so much that they would believe anything. But this specific one compared to the rest STINKS very badly. VERY badly.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't really have much of an opinion on this particular story, could go either way seeing as his parents are obviously religious so that can have an affect..

But...

My little girl (7 now) quite regulary brings up a conversation about before she was born, when "God" made her (I am an agnostic but she goes to a CoE School so that might be an influence) and has even commented on previous lives.

I am always taken aback by these conversations I have with her, I never initiate them but knowing of this type of phenonemon I try to coax information out of her without deliberately planting info or guiding her thought process.

Needless to say, it is enlightening. She is 100% convinced that what she is saying is true and she never lies to me about anything else.

What do I make of it? Not sure, hence the agnostic part. I would, however, hate to think this is all there was.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened…

Colton’s father recounts how Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened.

It took them several years to understand that? It took them several years to concoct the story and come up with a business plan, maybe. Not to mention making their son believe that it had actually happened.

It's such a shame that people will buy (literally) into this crap, then again it's easy money and they took the initiative, more power to them.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It means that he is out of his cage and the ignore
feature is gone.We will just have to wait for the guys
with the strait jackets to catch up with him.Now,back
on topic...
I have a baby in heaven and a few grandbabies.One day
I will see them.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is really weird ...Maybe the boy just had a dream about this coincidently... I can't explain.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I dont buy it personally.. if it did actually happen then Im sure its very comforting to the family to have their belief's confirmed & whatnot... but putting your 7 year old child in the spotlight like that and making money off the back of their experience is wrong. If they were sharing the experience whilst not making a profit from it then it would be a bit more credible.

Also..'God is a very big person, he can fit the whole world in his hands'. What? Sounds more like a kid's imagination gone wild than an actual experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join