It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four year old met his mother's miscarried child in Heaven

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Four year old met his mother's miscarried child in Heaven

hotair.com

But I must say what really surprised me was that Colton’s father recounts how Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If you're a believer, then this story will make you smile with the comfort of your faith...

But if you don't believe, then you will surely find this story incredible, if not unbelievable...

You decide.

I have read many stories of small children who have knowledge that seems to come directly from their own past lives. Some say that your soul remembers your past lives much easier when you are a small baby, and that as you grow and learn more about the world you are in, the memories fade as your mind is filled with your new life's information.

I believe this child, and I don't think that his parents would willingly put their child thru this type of fame if he didn't at least believe that he witnessed these events.

Your thoughts?

hotair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Scientific Proof of Reincarnation
Dr. Ian Stevenson's Life Work
"Either he [Dr. Stevenson] is making a colossal mistake. Or he will be known as the Galileo of the 20th century." Dr Harold Lief in the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease

About Dr. Ian Stevenson
Omni Magazine's Interview with Dr. Ian Stevenson
Sweet Swarnlata: An Example Case of Dr. Ian Stevenson's
Probably the best known, if not most respected, collection of scientific data that appears to provide scientific proof that reincarnation is real, is the life's work of Dr. Ian Stevenson. Instead of relying on hypnosis to verify that an individual has had a previous life, he instead chose to collect thousands of cases of children who spontaneously (without hypnosis) remember a past life. Dr. Ian Stevenson uses this approach because spontaneous past life memories in a child can be investigated using strict scientific protocols. Hypnosis, while useful in researching into past lives, is less reliable from a purely scientific perspective

reluctant-messenger.com...

Dr. Stevenson is the foremost researcher on this subject and is very well known in the field, he has written a number of books.

I believe we have past lives, when you hear these stories from very young children who have had no exposure to the information it makes you take notice.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Califemme
I believe this child, and I don't think that his parents would willingly put their child thru this type of fame if he didn't at least believe that he witnessed these events.

To sell books (they are) , maybe movie rights (story is going viral), television appearances (done) and generally make tons of money?

A four year old can have memories implanted by simply telling them the same stories over and over.

Not saying that is what happened here, but one never knows for sure... The world was willing to believe that a Colorado boy was trapped in a runaway balloon for a while too. The parents wanted fame and fortune and a reality TV show.

I want to believe, and I have seen and witnessed things in my life that have me convinced that there is life beyond our human existence, there is indeed a home for all of us waiting on the other side of this life.

I get the feeling that this particular case is not genuine and I really hope my suspicions are wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
When you know, you know. This sort of thing is only corroboration, though unnecessary. It's really just warms the heart a little more. Great stuff. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My Ex-Wife and I have two children....

My son was born first, He had just turned 3 at the time. He knew he would have a baby sister soon he would talk about her as if she was on her way already. My wife didn't get pregnant until a month or so after his third birthday. My Daughter was born nine months later.

When they know, they know...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Califemme
But if you don't believe, then you will surely find this story incredible, if not unbelievable...

Not at all.

I think it's very sweet, but it doesn't make me a 'believer' in heaven. Of course he's going to call it 'heaven'. That's what he's been taught.

I do believe that this kind of thing is possible, though.

My young nephew (about 2-3 years old at the time) found his mother crying one day over an abortion she'd had before she gave birth to him. When he asked why she was crying, she carefully explained the true reason. He then informed her that she didn't understand - the baby she'd had aborted was HIM. He said he knew she just had to wait a while until he could come and be with her.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Cosmic egg, come clean and tell us what you know for sure....
I fully believe this is real.
The facts related by these children are too detailed and too complicated for three to five year olds to make up or memorize.
Perhaps there is a fuller picture to be painted with other thngs added.We are definatley at a loss as to how these cases can be satisfactorily explained in mainstream science..........

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Heard about this earlier on the radio with clips from the family and kid talking.

Don't know what to think of this yet, but from hearing the kid it sounded pretty honest to me. Always been good with intuitively knowing someones lying or not from hearing and especially seeing them speak, and I really don't think, what ever this kid experienced, is a lie.

With that said, considering through '___' I can shoot fire and lighting out of my hands and even feel heat from it I can't exactly go down to my local church, get baptized and convert. This isn't saying this should be disregarded because there's certainly some "spiritual" force I believe we don't understand, plus young children typically are unusually more sensitive to this sort of thing than others.

Another possibility, especially from hearing his physical appearance from the parents (this was on the radio, don't know if it's in article), is that he was experiencing sleep paralysis. And speaking of the parents, what the mother describes as a "forcefield stopping her" from touching him during this, unlike the child, sounded absolutely retarded and entirely fictional, which is why I'm really unsure what to think of this.

One thing though, whether this kid experienced sleep paralysis or something else that is truly profound, aspect of his stories do sound "coached", in the sense that the parents filled his head with their religious banter to rationalized things the kid may have actually experienced in which these religious aspects are themselves fictional. And even on the sleep paralysis bit, I've always been interested in certain things about that as well among other sleep and dream related phenomenon that even considering sleep paralysis, doesn't disregard any of the spiritual things he experienced.

Really, it's hard to say. Too many possibilities and in the end we don't know what the truth of the event was as it really is all hearsay. But I'm leaning more towards something profound really happening here, with some degree of manipulation on the parents parts.

As far as the grandparent bit goes, I actually have a story I personally don't remember completely. When I was around this kids age, I supposedly saw my grandfathers ghost in my room at night several times. He died before I was born (named after him actually) and I've never seen a picture of him before, but when my grandmother showed me a picture I identified him as the man I saw. To this day I don't know whether this was a ghost (we've had other haunting related events) or perhaps something like this kid experienced.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think it's very sweet, but it doesn't make me a 'believer' in heaven. Of course he's going to call it 'heaven'. That's what he's been taught.

Do you have proof of that or is that an assumption?

Just curious.

edit on 19-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks Aquarius, I had not specifically heard of Dr. Ian Stevenson, and will enjoy reading up on his work. I have always thought since I was very small that I had lived before, although I have no memories of any other life. Reincarnation has just always felt "right" with me, you know?

Fractured Facade... Yeah, I am hoping this doesn't turn out to be a balloon boy type scam. That would just be sad that these parents would manipulate their child with false memories, whatever the reason. *fingers crossed*

Cosmic Egg, thanks for posting. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside too

Slayer, that is so awesome! I love that he knew it was a baby sister and was stillhappy about it. I want to believe, and I just can't think of a small child willfully deceiving his parents, you know? Great story, thanks for sharing!

Benevolent - Wow, that is very cool story!! Must have knocked your sister right outta her socks!! He may have just been trying to comfort her, but who knows for sure, right?

Stirling - I'm totally with you on this. How does a 4-6 year old make up these kinds of stories without coaching? I don't think they are smart enough to pass these ideas off as their own.

Spectre, wow, I think you have even more info than I do on this story. I will have to snoop around and see if I can find more details. Thanks for sharing new info!!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this. I think I can actually find more stories along these lines, there's a few famous ones, and I may update this thread with more stories if I can find any really good ones. Sounds like Dr. Ian Stevenson might have some that relate! I look forward to see what other stories posters may have to tell...

Also, ATS rocks!!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There are thousands of accounts of near-death experiences that only can be explained by accepting that humans have a soul.

When we die, some say that it's the end of a persons existence. I pity those people. They think that this is all there is. I know without a doubt that death is not the end. The happiest day of my life will be the day I leave this Earth.

This thread deserves more attention. Starred and flagged!

I would add more but I'm mentally exhaused because of finals. Please excuse the shortness of my post.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm inclined to believe children have access to some odd supernatural knowledge.

Before I go any further, I want to say that I am not the kind to believe in supernatural anything. I only believe in this type of case because I can't argue with personal experience.

My father has a story — and he's not a man to lie, especially to his children — of my having access to knowledge as a toddler that I absolutely should not have known. Here's my recounting of his experience:

I was a young child, 3 or 4 years old, and I was playing outside of our small house in Tennessee. My parents knew all the neighbors and the area was pretty isolated. I was outside playing and my mother diverted her attention from me for a few minutes and couldn't find me thereafter. I was apparently gone for 30 minutes or more before I casually came out of nowhere back to where my parents were at the time. My father, relieved to have found me, told me he was worried and had no idea where I went. To his complete surprise, I then told him with an assured tone that, "It's ok. I was with Grandma and Grandpa Pinkerton." He says this shocked him. Grandma and Grandpa Pinkerton were his grandparents, Grandpa Pinkerton was a Pentecostal minister, who had helped raise my father while his mom was going through some hard times. Grandma and Grandpa Pinkerton had been dead for 10-20 years at this time. He says that he had never mentioned their names around me, and my mother had only heard my Dad talk about them once or twice in the years they had been together. Even if he had mentioned them, how could a 3-4 year old child have understood the nature of family to the extent that I would have been so confident that it was ok to be gone from my parents if I were with them. I don't really remember all of this, but I have no reason to doubt this story.

It makes me wonder. I doubt anything like that usually, and I have tried to rationalize it as long as I've known the story. In the end, I have to lend some credence to the notion that children have access to a spiritual world the rest of us might not.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I do believe that this kind of thing is possible, though.

My young nephew (about 2-3 years old at the time) found his mother crying one day over an abortion she'd had before she gave birth to him. When he asked why she was crying, she carefully explained the true reason. He then informed her that she didn't understand - the baby she'd had aborted was HIM. He said he knew she just had to wait a while until he could come and be with her.

Thank you both (OP & Benevolent Heretic) for sharing these stories.
Soon after my first son was born I became pregnant again and a few months into the pregnancy I had a miscarriage. I was very devastated by this, at the thought of never knowing if I would have had another son or daughter, what they would have been like, etc. I'm currently pregnant with another son, due next month.
These stories have somewhat taken a weight off my shoulders.
Maybe this is the child I was supposed to have before? Who really knows, but it gives me great comfort to think about these possibilities, and for that I thank you

ETA:

The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

I've heard before that when you go to "the other side" everyone appears to be around 30 years of age. Not exactly sure why, but it's certaintly interesting!
edit on 19-11-2010 by casijones because: ETA

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Califemme

Yes, if it's not in the article (seriously, don't need to read it, I heard the whole story on the radio and more so), the mother "felt" the need to check on her son, and this was odd for some reason. I forgot why, but some action prior to putting him to bed made it weird. Anyways, she felt this powerful urge to check on him, and he's in his bed, practically dead looking. Very pale. This is the part that's fishy, first she goes to touch him and a "force field" that was gold stops her, she then alleged that she saw "beams of light" heading towards her son, bright as could be. And he came to.

Apparently none of this is in the article I guess? Anyways, frankly this is either some crazy religious # and I need to convert, aliens, or the story is at least partially, maybe fully, bull#. I'm more towards the latter.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Eh.. there are much more logical explanations then where this is going. Like for instance he could have overheard these things from his parents or he could have gone through family pictures. The story is so vague.

"Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild" This is particularly obvious that the boy went through family portraits and saw this photo. If he had some premonition from Heaven I think it would make sense that hed know what his grandfather looked like. But he never met his grandfather as an old man and only saw these photos therefor is the only way he could describe him.

Now about the baby in her tummy: My mother had a miscarriage and this information was known to me very young, when my sister said something to my other sister and I overheard. I didnt get this information from my parents but had overheard it, and later repeated it to my mother (which was so offensive to her probably, just like what this boy said to his mother. Hes a kid).

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
ooo goody more food for the idiots in cages.

You better keep the food coming or they are going chew off your arm.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
ooo goody more food for the idiots in cages.

You better keep the food coming or they are going chew off your arm.

OK...
I give up what's that supposed to mean?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
For many of us today believing in such things as religion, god, heaven, or spirits is just that ‘a belief’. We don’t know of any of these things nor do we have any recollection or our possible past lives before birth. But this raises the question, could it just be us? I mean us in this world today we are taught from an early age to be rational, think rational, believe rational.

But it appears to me those who are the most ‘in touch’ with the non-material world are the most irrational. I am not meaning irrational in the negative way but rather just as the word is, counter-rational.

Around the ages 4-6 we begin our life of education at school. We are taught new things like math, science, history, and language. Around that exact same time we begin to lose our innocence and our irrationality and our connections to the non-materialistic world. I’m sure there are good arguments that will say “of course children change at that age, they are actually becoming intelligent”. While that argument could be true I want to ask you what is better for our world.

People who do not go to school are smarter than those who do because they learn from the world around them. Of course parents want their children to learn more and more so they could buy them books to teach them new things that aren’t learned from life experiences.

I strongly recommend everyone give this link a read over and if you are interested visit the link following the Wiki link to read the book in English.

Emile, or On Education Wiki link

Emile, or On Education book

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How long do you think somone will continue to play ball when you take away the only reason their still living?

You need stupid stuff like these to keep the caged animals alive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join