It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Facebook Target -- Apology NOT Accepted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
www.tmz.com...

TMZ spoke with "Tre" -- the person whom Willow called a "f**got" after he criticized "Sarah Palin's Alaska" on his Facebook page. Tre -- who tells us he's not gay -- claims he was offended by the comments and felt bullied by both women ... saying, "Willow called me a f**got in front of the whole world and my family." When asked if he thought Willow was a homophobe, Tre replied, "I think she might be ... She says 'queer' and 'gay' so much ... so probably ... maybe." Although Bristol issued a public apology through Facebook on behalf of her and Willow -- Tre says he's yet to hear from either one of them. We asked Tre if he accepted the online apology and he told us, "No way ... Maybe if it was sincere and honest from them straight to me, I would consider. But it would have to be direct."

this link has a picture of web page
www.tmz.com...

This makes me sick..
she is 16 year old.
and they are ready to hang her for telling the guy he is gay lol

And he wouldn't even take the apology.
Rude much?

Look's to me he is a douchebag...
he was flaming her family on facebook...
what kid with some backbone wouldn't flame them right back?

This is the obama machine in motion cause he doesnt want her to run again...
that has been said.
Bristol palin on that dancing show...they are crying over it too..
More of the same crap we saw during the election...use your memory's..
you know i am speaking the truth.

If you have not seen kid's now adays they cuss ...So what?
It isnt a national headline...
It only is if your mother is thinking of running against obama in next election.

Btw no adays slang.
gay means you ignorant...as in..look at jim put that firecracker up his bum..he is so gay
and f_ggot..means he is a coward and hide's behind thing's ..
You get the idea...
but the media will hang her for it i reckon...
Oh how can sarah palin let her kids do this...
she must not raise them right...
typical pansy bullcrap if ya ask me..

edit on 19-11-2010 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What would you expect from trailer trash like the Palins. As far as Obama doesn't want Palin to run, it's the republicans that don't want Palin to run the democrats would just love it. It's a free pass to the 2012 White House for Obama if Palin runs.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That was as lame and cowardly excuse for an apology as you are ever going to see.
The republicans just voted overwhelmingly to overturn obama's veto of the illegal forclosure veto.

I'll bet ol Sarah's greasin it up for the sheeple as we speak.

enjoy

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

What you are failing to see much like many others.

He was flaming her and her whole family.
Also called slander.
Is he apologizing?
No the guy is being a stuck up you know what.

So it's ok for him to slander her and her family..but heaven forbid a 16 year old cuss him?

it's called being a hypocrite.
He was doing the exact same thing..Accept he is a adult...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
An online apology is about as personal as a press release (which actually would get more coverage than facebook). If she doesn't want a slander suit, she should lift her hand and dial that cellphone and say real words and own up to her actions. Oh, and not allow additional slander against the guy in the form of comments on her Facebook page.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
...how lousy of a parent is sarah palin that her daughters have no self-restraint and no awareness that their trashy behavior could screw things up for mommy dearest?...

...wait
that was silly
since palin isnt even embarrassed by her own ignorance...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Do people always take offence so easily over there? When people say that sort of thing to me, it doesn't bother me. Why should I care what a person I barely know thinks about me

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...how lousy of a parent is sarah palin that her daughters have no self-restraint and no awareness that their trashy behavior could screw things up for mommy dearest?...

...wait
that was silly
since palin isnt even embarrassed by her own ignorance...

Seriously! I bet this is the very first 16 year old to ever do something like this!

All you have to do on ATS is mention Sarah Palin in any aspect and people start foaming at the mouth.

I think the mods should create an 'I hate Sarah Palin' forum where most of you can sit and brood all day.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am NOT a fan of the Palins.

However, I have to say the fact that direct screen shots of a 16 year old girl's Facebook messages were c/ped all over the blogosphere. I don't care if a teenager is the child of a political figure or just an average private citizen. The posting of those screen shots all over the place was wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

how was he slandered?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't fully grasp how the entire situation went down, mostly because I could care less, but I only have one question and that is this: were all of those FB pages "public" as in no restricted access limited to family/friends, etc.?

If they were not hacked into and were public setting accounts - they are all fair game. Period. Don't like the comments from the public about your family? Do not make your account public. Do not like the comments in response to your comments? Do not comment on other public accounts.

Both "kids" should have known this. They are old enough to reap what they sow (so to speak)
edit on 19-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
oh jeez. to everyone who i have offended on ATS, please send me a private message with your phone number so i can properly apologize in person
talk about soaking up your 15 minutes of fame.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Both "kids" should have known this. They are old enough to reap what they sow (so to speak)

Agreed. However, I do feel for them. I'm sure there are many such things that occur on facebook amongst teenagers that are similar. What I feel is wrong is that simply because they are the children of a public figure, they are subjected to scrutiny by the mass media. It was not their choice, nor their fault that their mother decided to run for office. They should not be the targets of bloggers by the other side. I felt much the same back when Clinton took office. I thought it was deplorable that the MSM got away with calling Chelsea ugly.. The minor children of politicians should be left alone, IMHO.
edit on 19-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

100% agree, about media ... In the case of the FB situation (again, I could be wrong, haven't followed it) that appears to be between two high-schoolers. All of the media attention could have been avoided had either of the sisters kept their fingers off the keyboard. One would have thought they'd have this figured out after going through an entire pres/vp campaign. I guess not.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Okay, I am going to try real hard..........

Nope. ....Still don't give a rats ass.

Who cares.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If you want some insight into the Palin's mindset....read all the messsages.

tmz.vo.llnwd.net...

Bristol is delusional...apparently she thinks she is "successful" because she is a hard worker...not because of who her mom is.

And that little willow chick....just pure trash...must take after momma.

I so hope that Palin runs in 2012.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I do agree with you on what you've said. Alas, they are teenagers, and while there are some out there that have common sense and restraint... an even greater number do not. Ahhhh I remeber those days so long ago of being hormone driven!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum
I am NOT a fan of the Palins.

However, I have to say the fact that direct screen shots of a 16 year old girl's Facebook messages were c/ped all over the blogosphere. I don't care if a teenager is the child of a political figure or just an average private citizen. The posting of those screen shots all over the place was wrong.

That's right when the guy allowed newspapers to friend him...then facebook allowed them to copy the webpage for the world to see.
It became the guys problem he broke about 4 law's.
1 he was trying to defame the palins on his webpage.
2 he trolled a 16 year old girl into cussing on the internet...
3He them broke Tos of facebook..allowing to make a profit from said webpage.
face books tos.

1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. 2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). 3. When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, read our Privacy Policy and About Platform page.) 4. When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture). 5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).

He was paid money for the story.
From news agency's..they friend him on face book to see the webpage.
Facebook should ban the guy period.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

It became the guys problem he broke about 4 law's.

LOL...he didn't break any laws...calm down.

1 he was trying to defame the palins on his webpage.

His ORIGINAL post on his own facebook page:

Sarah Palin's Alaska is failing so hard right now

He is making a comment about a TV show...a TV show that was Sarah Palins idea. Are you telling me people can't criticize a TV show???

2 he trolled a 16 year old girl into cussing on the internet...

Go read the messages...she did just fine all by herself. She came in from the start being an ignorant fool calling people derogatory names. Don't try to shift the blame.

And still....not illegal.

3He them broke Tos of facebook..allowing to make a profit from said webpage.
face books tos

Did you even read the part of the TOS that you posted? It has to do with intellectual property. TONS of people make money off of facebook...it's not illegal.

I have to ask...why are you so offended by this? Go and read the messages....it is Bristol and Willow that caused this...no one else.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have to ask...why are you so offended by this? Go and read the messages....it is Bristol and Willow that caused this...no one else.

Excuse me while I go bang my head on the wall, now... why o why did I just read that link?
Ugh.

As for FB, it's social drama. You get on there and if you're not careful, you get sent back to high school.
It's like the Hotel California but instead of never leaving, it's where nobody ever grows up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join