It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart exposes Beck for the fool he is....again.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by CanuckCoder
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

Stewart's Agenda is merely to make anyone who is stupid and does stupid things look stupid. He even question's Democrat's the same as a Republican. He bashed Obama for getting very little done...that says a lot.

I don't always agree with him, but i know one thing, he is looking out for everyone's best interest. Not pushing some agenda.

Amen to that, buddy. You are one of the rare specimens of intelligence on this board. I feel lonely.
Maybe it's due to "Canuck" in your moniker. I like Canada.

I'm glad to hear that he goes after both sides equally. I just have a healthy dose of mistrust for the mainstream media in general. It's nothing against the man personally... merely the venue he chooses to communicate via.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think if you really want to attack Stewart by comparing him to Beck you have to remember a few things, one of which is this;

Jon Stewart runs a 22 minute show on a comedy channel that switches to infomercials in the early morning hours with a rerun the following morning. He's preceded by d#k and fart jokes and followed by a conservative caricature that doesn't repeat whatever the Daily Show 'reported' on.

Glenn Beck runs a 44 minute show on a 'news' channel that repeats the same 'news' throughout the night and into the following day. The new day at Fox starts at 6 AM EST and continues until 5:59 AM the following day. Not to mention Beck also has his three hour radio show every week day.

I don't think Soros is any better or worse than Murdoch. Murdoch doesn't entirely agree with everything some of his employees advocate, Soros doesn't have the 'empire' that Murdoch does.

To make it clear, the conservative base, Glenn Beck especially, are just looking to attack something, anything, to try to stop their percieved threats. Conservatives have this belief that democrats and liberals are being lied to and just don't understand what the liberals are advocating. Liberals must be being controlled by some external force whether it's Obama, ACORN, Karl Marx or now, George Soros. Conservatives can't accept that people feel the way they do and might disagree with a conservative viewpoint. Everything must be a nefarious plot, conservatives see the light, why can't everyone else?

This concept is reinforced by the fact that many 'die-hard' Beck fans will absolutely refuse to view any other news organization or read any website that deters from their point of view and espouses their beliefs on a regular basis. They're strong advocates for the 'American ideals' of free market systems, except in the case of where they get their information. Which is, apparently, anything owned by News Corp. They deride every other source of information as the 'lamestream media'.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
want

Originally posted by links234

This concept is reinforced by the fact that many 'die-hard' Beck fans will absolutely refuse to view any other news organization or read any website that deters from their point of view and espouses their beliefs on a regular basis. They're strong advocates for the 'American ideals' of free market systems, except in the case of where they get their information. Which is, apparently, anything owned by News Corp. They deride every other source of information as the 'lamestream media'.

Again I will reiterate that I am niether liberal or conseravite. I am not a Beck supporter. I just have to point out... do you think MSNBC is any better than Faux? They are just as partisan to their cause as Faux is. I wish people would just realize that it's an intentional paradigm, Liberalism vs. Conservatism. It's bread and circuses to distract the masses. Divide and conquor. They keep us so busy fighting each other to keep us from looking at what the man behind the the curtain is really doing. MSNBC, Faux, CNN, the networks are all owned by Corporations. They serve the interests of the Corporations. That is their goal. What's going on in this thread is exactly what TPTB want.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

The former is done in exchange for wealth produced by others, thereby making both parties richer at nobody's expense.

How can one get rich at nobody's expense? With a finite countable amount of currency, for me to have more, someone has to have less.

Maybe you meant at neither one's expense. But at whose expense then?

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I don't think MSNBC is too different from Fox. But when Fox is airing reruns of Hannity, O'Reilley and Beck, MSNBC is running shows about prison inmates and cyber stalkers. Fox will drive it's message all day long, MSNBC will not.

There is a difference between liberals or conservatives. It's not some secret plot to divide us. You can say you're not a liberal or a conservative and if you can take the political test in my signature and tell me you fall directly in the center that's fine. I don't, I'm on the far left and just above the horizontal line. I will disagree with someone on the opposite side of that graph on how things ought to be.

Go ahead though, live in the belief that you and I will agree on everything and that our government is out to get us.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

Ahahaha, that was so hysterical. I love Jon Stewart so much. Glenn Beck makes my skin crawl just seeing that sweaty liar!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

They keep us so busy fighting each other to keep us from looking at what the man behind the the curtain is really doing. MSNBC, Faux, CNN, the networks are all owned by Corporations. They serve the interests of the Corporations. That is their goal. What's going on in this thread is exactly what TPTB want.

Exactly, and Stewart is one of the few bringing us this awareness, a peek behind the curtain as you say, at all the media outlets. It's like the left media point fingers at the right, the right points fingers at the left, and Stewart shines a light on em' all. Sure Comedy Central lusts over ratings too, but the freedom given to a networks top show personality, is used wisely by Stewart, imo. The humor, well we all need to chuckle sometimes. His interviews with guests however, are sincere, intelligent, respectful and often compromising. It's really a brilliant mix and truly a unique show.

Peace,
spec
edit on 20-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
jon stewart the comedian?

the guy that has a comic show?

the jon stewart who gets paid for laughs?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Bob Cesca:
My theory is as follows. Glenn Beck is engaged in a carefully orchestrated performance that, if taken to its logical end, can only end up in tragedy -- a tragedy, not in the name of some great political or social or religious cause, as too many of his viewers might believe, but rather in the name of pure careerism and greed. A tragedy in the name of Glenn Beck's personal drive for fame and fortune, not to mention the similar motivations of Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch.

Huffingtonpost.com

Glen Beck is dangerous, his remarks and allegations are not for the good of the country...only greed.
I would rather get my real of fake news from The Daily Show any day.

edit on 20-11-2010 by drapheus because: Added Author to quote.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Murdoch doesn't manipulate our currency for his own personal profit that I'm aware of.

No but his media outlets manipulate the voting public, I know this quite well coming from the UK and seeing the influence this mans newspapers have on the public opinion in the UK. Which ever political side the Murdoch empire chooses usually wins.

the newspaper led a campaign against the Labour Party leader, Neil Kinnock, which culminated in the election day headline, "If Kinnock wins today will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights". This was due to the fact that Labour had topped the opinion polls for most of the three years leading up to the election and as the election loomed it was looking likely that Britain would have a Labour government with Kinnock as prime minister. Even some Tory MPs acknowledged that The Sun contributed to their election triumph. Kinnock himself blamed The Sun for his failure to win the election, though he also admitted that he had been half expecting to lose the election even before the article was published

en.wikipedia.org...'s_The_Sun_Wot_Won_It It's the Sun wot won it

Obviously Murdoch likes to have some influence over the political sytem in the countries his empires operate in.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

We shouldn't be afraid of the 'government' propaganda...but that of the billionaire media moguls propoganda.

I didn't make the connection between News Corp in America and News Corp in Britain until you posted that, thank you.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

We should be wary of any propaganda, government is just the dark shadow cast by big business

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by drapheus

no! you are dangerous!

why? think about it dumble.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Dang, I actually can't get the link to open, because I was interested to see what the result would be. I don't know if there is a definition of my political views. One thing I do know is neither party comes near to representing my views. None of them do. Conservatives would scream I'm liberal because I think gays should have the right to marry (it's none of our business), a woman should have the right to choose and many others. Liberals would scream I'm Conservative because I want a restoration of Constitutional rule, a free market, reponsibility in our social programs and fiscal responsiblity. Government and the Corperations have way too much power in this world, when it's we the people, and our communites that should have the power. So I don't know. I feel fully and completely disenfranchised by the entire political system and the way it is currently destroying our nation. Thus my frustration with the very partisan MSM. That and the fact they all selectively choose what it news (and NO it is NOT Brittney Spears!)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Stewart has gotten a chuckle out of me occasionally.

Colbert, however, drives me nuts with his routine. Like Dane Cook, not funny.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
The former is done in exchange for wealth produced by others, thereby making both parties richer at nobody's expense.

How can one get rich at nobody's expense? With a finite countable amount of currency, for me to have more, someone has to have less.

Money is not wealth.

A person is wealthy if he has enough to eat, a shelter from storms and temperatures, clothing, entertainment, etc.

Money is simply a means of facilitating exchange of wealth while avoiding the tedium of direct barter.

When two people make two different things, and exchange them with each other, both become wealthier. This is why we don't all live in caves anymore.

Economics is not a zero-sum game. This "zero-sum" nonsense is used by Marxists to get people to hate each other (i.e facilitate "class warfare"), but it has no basis in reality.

edit on 20-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
He took on the Beck delusion about George Soros,

Beck comes across like a buffoon, but his information on Soros is accurate.
Soros is a part of the NWO ... he's up to his eyeballs in it.
And even though Stewart is a commedian .. he has his own left wing agenda.
don't forget that.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum
Again I will reiterate that I am niether liberal or conseravite. I am not a Beck supporter. I just have to point out... do you think MSNBC is any better than Faux?

I myself am not liberal a conservative. To your question, MSNBC vs Faux --

I believe that the former makes at least a rudimentary effort to utilize their and mine mental capacity, as grotesque as it sometimes may play out. The latter appeals to base emotions and abandonment of common sense in favor if primordial fear and ad hominem ("foreign born billionaire" etc.), and all of that is often reduced to borderline idiocy as you could see in that Beck show.

So yeah, I think that the former is better, just for that reason. And there are others.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
He took on the Beck delusion about George Soros,

Beck comes across like a buffoon, but his information on Soros is accurate.

The "information on Soros"? That he's trying to subvert the US the way he allegedly subverted pro-Russian regimes in Europe? That's not information, that's a conjecture at best and paranoia and stupidity in all likelihood.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join