It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart exposes Beck for the fool he is....again.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

No...you are correct, he was not the only one. To be honest, politically, I'm as independant as they come, and watch Beck very infrequently, Does Beck have an agenda with this one...maybe he does, however, for me...his scenarios paint out a worst case scenario...what could be coming down the pipe...rather than call him out as an idiot for an opinion, I would rather use it, as one more piece of info, in a very large puzzle, that none of us will ever come close to putting together.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Well if you actually watch alot of this stuff, you will see that Jon Stewart is usually appealing for saneness, and a rational adult discussion, whereas most other outlets, conservative and liberal, are just shouting nonsense.

The fact that he has to appeal for sanity in a world of crazed media doesn't make him not another monkey; just a more attractive monkey.

While the Daily Show's humorous presentation of the news (as presented by other outlets) is relatively funny from time to time, they still appeal for sanity by preforming their own version of insanity. It is possible to fix a broken system from within but as far as I can recall, typically when questioned critically of his and his shows own flaws he shrugs it off being "just a comedian". This argument has merit only as far as the fact that the Daily Show doesn't purport itself to be the "news".

The problem has always been less the insanity, more the people accepting insanity as anything else because it's been stamped with the word "fact".

He is an entertainer, just like any other pundit: the difference being how the network promotes said entertainer.
edit on 11/19/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Thats funny, I dont understand the difference between a businessman and a corporate raider. They sound the same to me.

This statement only shows how much you are caught up in your ideology.

To spell it out for you, one of them produces wealth for the civilization; the other tries to get rich while producing as little wealth as possible.

The former is done in exchange for wealth produced by others, thereby making both parties richer at nobody's expense. This is called economic growth, and is a process which, taken in sum, explains such facts as why so many ordinary people possess iPhones.

The latter is essentially a thief and a parasite.

edit on 19-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Wow i must have missed the part where Murdoch broke the Bank of England.MY bad I just never made the connection between a business man and a corporate raider.

Thats funny, I dont understand the difference between a businessman and a corporate raider. They sound the same to me.

I must respectfully disagree. There are many small businesses run by good and ethical people who are just trying to get by and support themselves, their families and community. There is a vast difference between these business men and those who run large, bloodless megacorps who only seek to enrich themselves and their cronies, putting profit above all other considerations.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Murdoch doesn't manipulate our currency for his own personal profit that I'm aware of.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Exactly JJ, comparing Soros to Murdoch is like apples to oranges. Soros has written a score of books detailing his wish for a global society. Murdoch just keeps making money the old fashioned way.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Beck is a master

You have to hand it to him -- The Master of the Fools.

What would you think of a man who knows the ins and outs of car theft and the resulting profiteering involved?

A criminal, what else? Someone to despise... Are you making parallels here?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

OMG you found a tv puppet who is a hypocrite. Call the press, tell everyone you know!
Beck has been outed. It must be an Illuminati conspiracy.
I can't believe the world has been blind to this outrage

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
question op, is or is not the daily show owned by soros? and soros being the same guy that wants to make obama the sole monarch of the United States? ya i guess if your all for losing your rights and constitution and your a fascist then it probably is really funny,

edit on 19-11-2010 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
question op, is or is not the daily show owned by soros? and soros being the same guy that wants to make obama the sole monarch of the United States? ya i guess if your all for losing your rights and constitution and your a facist then it probably is really funny,

According to what I've been able to find, Soros does not control Viacom. In fact, Viacom bought back lots the assets he used to own there.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Your telling me that soros does not have a huge vested interest and influence in viacom?
thats like saying the queen of england would give up her enlightened unalienable rights? lol will never happen.

Anyhow, when i see the daily show stop attacking the bearer of truly detrimental information and have some intelligent news for adults instead of hosting for teenagers, then and only then i might have a open ear.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

question op, is or is not the daily show owned by soros? and soros being the same guy that wants to make obama the sole monarch of the United States? ya i guess if your all for losing your rights and constitution and your a fascist then it probably is really funny,

edit on 19-11-2010 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

Theres alot of hyperbole on ATS, but this might be the prize for today.
The fact that this got even 1 star appalls me. Did you star yourself?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Wow i must have missed the part where Murdoch broke the Bank of England.MY bad I just never made the connection between a business man and a corporate raider.

Ya...conservative economic models work great..no wall street or banking issues here from the practice.

we are totally in the clear

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Did anyone see the daily show last night? It was HILARIOUS! And so spot on. He took on the Beck delusion about George Soros, and rightfully pointed out that Beck is complaining about a "foreigner, with extensive control of the media, who is attempting to influence American politics!", and that is the same description that could be given to Rupert Murdoch hahaha

Here is the full episode, I wanted to just youtube portions of it, but couldnt find the clips. I also searched here to see if it was posted already and didnt find it, so hopefully no one beat me to it!

www.thedailyshow.com...

How Israeli Shills Work:

1. Post lies
2. Repeat lies
3. Attack those who respond against your lies
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2

but thanks for posting anyway aching_knuckles... ..?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GammaRayBurst

How Israeli Shills Work:

1. Post lies
2. Repeat lies
3. Attack those who respond against your lies
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2

but thanks for posting anyway aching_knuckles... ..?

So...israeli shill because you don't like the topic?

do you actually have anything else to add? any counterpoint as to how the comparison stewart made doesn't actually fit perfectly?

or are you just a anti-israeli shill? we can use the exact formula to dismiss any group for or against anything ever...it is extremely low brow.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

Stewart's Agenda is merely to make anyone who is stupid and does stupid things look stupid. He even question's Democrat's the same as a Republican. He bashed Obama for getting very little done...that says a lot.

I don't always agree with him, but i know one thing, he is looking out for everyone's best interest. Not pushing some agenda.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by buddhasystem

Your telling me that soros does not have a huge vested interest and influence in viacom?

Actually, yes. That's what I meant to say.
And if you happen to have legal papers or any other comparable source, please come forth.

Otherwise, shut up.

PS. "Your" must be spelled "you are" in that sentence of yours, you ignoramus.
And "Soros" must be capitalized. Some people say, going to school is a good idea. Your mileage will vary.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanuckCoder
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

Stewart's Agenda is merely to make anyone who is stupid and does stupid things look stupid. He even question's Democrat's the same as a Republican. He bashed Obama for getting very little done...that says a lot.

I don't always agree with him, but i know one thing, he is looking out for everyone's best interest. Not pushing some agenda.

Amen to that, buddy. You are one of the rare specimens of intelligence on this board. I feel lonely.
Maybe it's due to "Canuck" in your moniker. I like Canada.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I really hope all the people here bashing a man who has done nothing but tell the truth are under 40.At least then i can think that one day you will grow up and see the way the real world works.Glen Beck is a hero and patriot who has this countrys best interest at heart.To hear these replies i am very thankful i live in the middle of no where and have guns,gold and food..Yeah anyone who tells you to stock up on these things is crazy.Our young people are doomed and arrogant and have the street smarts of a muslim women.God help us..

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Glorious Television; Fountain of unbiased truths, non-manipulative media box.

Never scripted always on the fly and from the heart with no agenda, ever.

Giver of opinion, allows us to bask in your warm glow

I offer you this

tapioca pudding as a symbolic sacrifice of my brain.

edit on 19-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join