It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart exposes Beck for the fool he is....again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Did anyone see the daily show last night? It was HILARIOUS! And so spot on. He took on the Beck delusion about George Soros, and rightfully pointed out that Beck is complaining about a "foreigner, with extensive control of the media, who is attempting to influence American politics!", and that is the same description that could be given to Rupert Murdoch hahaha

Here is the full episode, I wanted to just youtube portions of it, but couldnt find the clips. I also searched here to see if it was posted already and didnt find it, so hopefully no one beat me to it!

www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Excellent post...very similar to when everyone was making fun of him for recommending gold as an investment, back when it was 700.00/oz...what a jackalope that Beck is

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The thing about this, is that only americans can watch it.

We get your jist anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl
Excellent post...very similar to when everyone was making fun of him for recommending gold as an investment, back when it was 700.00/oz...what a jackalope that Beck is

Do you want to attack the facts of my post, or just go off on some tangent?

if you want to go off on a tangent:

Yeh, glenn beck is the only person in the world that thinks gold is a good investment.

And because he can pick out a hard to spot fact like that, we should listen to everything he has to says about everything, right?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

There is no way they can give him credit for forecasting the rise in gold prices.....Some of their blind followers might actually listen to Beck and learn something.....God forbid their eyes got opened.....Who would be left to drink the Koolaide ?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

I watched the show last night, and thought it was funny. It's pretty clear Beck does have a bit of an externalization problem.

My question to you is, did you watch Beck's show, in full context, last week?

If not, I have nothing more to say in this thread except that I recommend you watch those episodes.

edit on 19-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Exactly, he is not on foxnews business or cnbc.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Do you want to attack the facts of my post, or just go off on some tangent?

if you want to go off on a tangent:

Yeh, glenn beck is the only person in the world that thinks gold is a good investment.

And because he can pick out a hard to spot fact like that, we should listen to everything he has to says about everything, right?

I'll preface my response by saying I am neither Liberal or Conservative.

At the same time, why would one listen to everything, or believe anything any of the corpoerate owned MSM outlets would say? If Beck has an agenda, would one assume that Stewart does not have an agenda? Each MSM media outlet serves as propaganda for one faction or another. When watching any of these programs it is necessary to harvest the small grains of truth offered within the larger mass of obvious disinformation.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It didn't take a flock of geese to confirm Beck is a complete loonbat. His job is to get ratings by saying anything, no matter the facts. That he does brilliantly and his cash cow keeps on rolling in.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
One monkey flinging poo at another monkey; and people on ATS still care?

I'm not sure I understand why we can have whole threads on a comedian attacking a tool, but then this is the Political Madness forum, so I suppose it's appropriate.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Did anyone see the daily show last night? It was HILARIOUS! And so spot on. He took on the Beck delusion about George Soros, and rightfully pointed out that Beck is complaining about a "foreigner, with extensive control of the media, who is attempting to influence American politics!", and that is the same description that could be given to Rupert Murdoch hahaha

Here is the full episode, I wanted to just youtube portions of it, but couldnt find the clips. I also searched here to see if it was posted already and didnt find it, so hopefully no one beat me to it!

www.thedailyshow.com...

I watched the show last night, and thought it was funny. It's pretty clear Beck does have a bit of an externalization problem.

My question to you is, did you watch Beck's show, in full context, last week?

If not, I have nothing more to say in this thread except that I recommend you watch those episodes.

Actually I did. You can go read a post I made last week about the ADL and Foxman being full of # regarding Beck. And to be honest, Beck looks like a moron playing with puppets and his ridiculous chalkboard full of half truths.

So does anyone here want to actually debate the fact that Rupert Murdoch is characterized by the same exact words that the "evil" Soros was? Did anyone actually watch the Daily Show for even 1 minute?

He goes over Soro's plan to attack, as written out by Beck. The fact is Rupert Murdoch has done EVERY ONE of the things that Soros is accused of. So why is Soros the bad guy and Murdoch is the good guy?.

The hypocrisy is astounding....

As Jon Stewart said "you guys are making me defend a creepy old hedge fund manager (Soros)!"

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Wow i must have missed the part where Murdoch broke the Bank of England.MY bad I just never made the connection between a business man and a corporate raider.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Beck and Stewart actually have a lot in common. One spreads propaganda for the Right, the other for the Left. People who like one and think the other is a fool have already fallen into the trap.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
One monkey flinging poo at another monkey; and people on ATS still care?

I'm not sure I understand why we can have whole threads on a comedian attacking a tool, but then this is the Political Madness forum, so I suppose it's appropriate.

Well if you actually watch alot of this stuff, you will see that Jon Stewart is usually appealing for saneness, and a rational adult discussion, whereas most other outlets, conservative and liberal, are just shouting nonsense.

Watch a couple days ago, when Rand Paul gets owned. Jon Stewart is talking about the adult converstaion Paul and Eliot Spitzer are having, and Spitzer is sort of grilling Rand Paul on how much money he makes from Medicare. When he asks Rand Paul how much money he made, Rand Paul replies "Well, we can talk about that, or we can talk about your past Mr. Spitzer!". Monkey flinging poo, because when it comes down to it, most right wingers cant act like civilized humans and be honest, and when they get called out, they just start insulting.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Wow i must have missed the part where Murdoch broke the Bank of England.MY bad I just never made the connection between a business man and a corporate raider.

Thats funny, I dont understand the difference between a businessman and a corporate raider. They sound the same to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It was a good episode. I thought that Beck is getting scarier by the day.

You can't show pr0n in prime time, but you can show Beck. Just beyond me.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

He goes over Soro's plan to attack, as written out by Beck. The fact is Rupert Murdoch has done EVERY ONE of the things that Soros is accused of. So why is Soros the bad guy and Murdoch is the good guy?.

The hypocrisy is astounding....

The interesting thing is the TEA party-

Many here will say Bush was a Liberal, which is why he failed. Yet they fail to equate and recognize the intrinsic link between Bush and Murdoch's machine which created Bush's "liberal" policy, the same government that the TEA party abhors in rhetoric. Yet CONSERVATIVE America seems to be completely unable to see that they will have to stop listening to the agenda of FOX in order to enact what they claim to desire. This is squarely where the whole pivot of conservative hypocrisy lies in modern politics.

One would be unable to really
account for how much Murdoch's agenda has cost America, but the cost of Bush's entire presidency is linked at the hip with Murdochs agenda and his FOX. FOX's effort might have single handedly created Trillions in cost when it comes to governmental policy in action. Any REAL conservatives out there who have actual conviction would be more than genius to examine this very real wrench in conservative agenda and recent mega failures.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
beck has admitted he has people watching Alex jones every day

Btw AJ was forecasting gold and SILVER when it was in the threes so Beck forecast nothing.

Jon Stewart
I love his monologues, but he is a connected man who is he really making fun of?
The people that he lampoons, or the people who follow them,...
or is he rubbing the American peoples' nose in it?
as in Ha ha look what you got.
(Sewart's brother is a senior exec of one of the major exchanges, the NYSE, I think.
Of course he was buying gold too, when like AJ, it was in the threes.

HE is no Dummy, and a lot of people get their news from Jon Stewart.

edit on 19-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Great light shed on the hypocrisy of Fox news and yes I know all the media is guilty of a little hippocracy but Fox news is so loud and wide reaching, that their hypocrisy outshines the rest. The way they attack and condemn everyone makes them look silly because they do the same thing on a grander level, which reminds me of some Orwellian tactic of blame others for the same thing you do, before you get blamed, aka hypocrisy.
This Stewart episode is brilliant and makes me glad someone is out there to counter some of the points that Fox news tries to promote.
I'm not here to defend Soros, I'm just celebrating light cast on hypocrisy.

Oh yea, think Soros is more of a powerful media influencer than Murdoch?
MURDOCH'S Media Co's:

Newspapers - News Corporation
Filmed Entertainment - News Corporation
Australasian region Newspapers:
Daily Telegraph
Fiji Times
Gold Coast Bulletin
Herald Sun
Newsphotos
Newspix
Newstext
NT News
Post Courier
Sunday Herald Sun
Sunday Mail
Sunday Tasmanian
Sunday Territorian
Sunday Times
The Advertiser
The Australian
The Courier Mail
The Mercury
The Sunday Mail
The Sunday Telegraph
Weekly Times
United Kingdom region Newspapers:
News International
News of the World
The Sun
The Sunday Times
The Times
Times Education Supplement
Times Higher Education Supplement
Times Literary Supplement
TSL Education
United States region Newspapers:
New York Post

Books - News Corporation
Harper Collins Publishers
- Australia
- Canada
- Childrens Books
- United States
- United Kingdom
Regan Books
Zondervan

Other Investments - News Corporation
MySpace.com Profile
Festival Records
Mushroom Records
National Rugby League - Australia
News Interactive
News Outdoor
Nursery World
20th Century Fox
20th Century Fox Espanol
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
20th Century Fox International
20th Century Fox Television
Blue Sky Studios
Fox Searchlight Pictures
Fox Studios Australia
Fox Studios LA
Fox Studios Baja
Fox Television Studios

Television - News Corporation
Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Sports Australia
Fox Television Stations
FOXTEL
STAR

Cable Television owned by News Corporation
Fox Movie Channel
Fox News Channel
Fox Sports Digital
Fox Sports Enterprises
Fox Sports Espanol
Fox Sports Net
Fox Sports World
FUEL
FX
National Geographic Channel
SPEED Channel
Stats, Inc

Direct Broadcast & Satellite Television - News Corporation
BskyB
DIRECTV
FOXTEL
Sky Italia

Magazines - News Corporation
Inside Out
Donna Hay
News America Marketing
Smart Source
The Weekly Standard
Gemstar

www.woopidoo.com...

Someone mentioned agendas and yes Fox news agenda is to sensationally divide and spread fear and Stewart's agenda is to shed light on the madness as well as offer up some common sense and humor. Granted, all MSM has agendas, but which ones are more for the people and which for the company? Sure, comedy central needs ratings too, but the info put forth is usually countering disinfo and overzealous commentary from the media outlets, imo.

Murdoch on manipulating public perspective:

And a final comparison of Soros/Murdoch that is pretty revealing in determining who is more or less concerned with the well being of our planet and people:

“The Giving Game: Billionaire Edition”(p. 85). Condé Nast Portfolio looks at which billionaires are giving the most to charitable causes, relative to their wealth; which are giving the least; and who is refusing to say. Contributing editor Duff McDonald reports that in the upper tier of philanthropy, it’s not just about the cause and the gift—it’s about outdoing the other guy. “Many of the nation’s richest people have become a lot less rich in recent months,” McDonald writes. “But their largesse is taking on a heightened importance amid the current economic turmoil.” Ronald Perelman tells McDonald, “I think that in times like this, when the economy is having difficulties, it’s more important to step up and do stuff privately that may have historically been funded by public money. That’s going to be a task for us going into the next two years.”
The top 10 most generous billionaires (in order of giving): Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Eli Broad, George SOROS, John Kluge, Michael Bloomberg, David Koch, Pierre Omidyar, George Kaiser, and Michael Dell.
Among the wealthiest people in the country with NO record of public giving in the past several years (in order of giving): Kirk Kerkorian, Sumner Redstone, Anne Cox Chambers, Steve Ballmer, and RUPERT MURDOCH

Read more: www.portfolio.com...

I have never seen the word "philanthropist" tagged with Murdoch.

spec
edit on 19-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
It was a good episode. I thought that Beck is getting scarier by the day.

You can't show pr0n in prime time, but you can show Beck. Just beyond me.

Beck is a master - he speaks what he knows... He knows the inner workings of manipulation as that is what he suggests and projects everyday. What would you think of a man who knows the ins and outs of car theft and the resulting profiteering involved?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join