It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch govt. to axe 10,000 military jobs in austerity drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Dutch govt. to axe 10,000 military jobs in austerity drive

[url=http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/83811/20101119/dutch-government-jobs-military-afghanistan-austerity-measures-budget-deficit.htm]www.ibtimes.com[/ url]

The Dutch government said on Thursday it will cut 10,000 defence ministry jobs as part of austerity measures to reduce the budget deficit.

The decision makes one in every seven to lose job in the defence ministry. The ministry employs about 68,000 people currently.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Most people will probably think, so what? I know that our military is relatively insignificant in comparison to the US, and a number of other Western militaries (even though, my countrymen fought alongside the US, Australia, the UK and Canada in southern Afghanistan).

However, this event is significant because it is not just the Dutch military that is hit by austerity measures, it's been widely reported by the mainstream media how the British, French and German militaries are struggling to survive. As a consequence, the British and French militaries are planning to co-operate more closely.

This weekend, there is a big NATO conference in Portugal, and the austerity measures will definitely be discussed. Why I think this news is so significant, is because the MSM discusses it so thoroughly. To me, it seems that this is the beginning of an European military.

Phase 1: increased co-operation amongst militaries of nation states
Phase 2: European procurement of weapons and regional clusters
Phase 3: One European military

The financial crisis is the perfect excuse for creating a unified military and in essence, I'm not against it. On the contrarily, I think we need to have one military with US power fading rapidly and China on the other hand growing stronger and stronger, but I'm afraid of the people ruling this world - the people in charge of institutions like the EU, the Fed, the US. Their drive for globalization is not founded on common interests, rather, they seek to gain more control over the world for their own wellbeing and our government puppets gladly work along with them.

[url=http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/83811/20101119/dutch-government-jobs-military-afghanistan-austerity-measures-budget-deficit.htm]www.ibtimes.com[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

join