It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico: Robot in Tehotihuacan new tunnel. Video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
For the first time in Mexico and for the second one in the world, a vehicle-robot is used in order to film the inside of a gallery, discovery in 2003 under the Temple of the Snake (Quetzalcoatl) in the archaeological zone of Teotihuacan, and covered from at least 1,800 years.

This is the master thread!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What's hide under the sealed secret chambers....?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks for posting this and what a beautiful looking presenter too.

The robot reminds me of the Upanaut used to find the Gantenbrink doors in the Great Pyramid. The robot's mission has been a success and sent back images that show the tunnel is safe to be excavated. They hope to do this in early December (ambitious!) and get on with exploring ever further into the tunnel. They've had GeoPhys (ground radar) teams at work who've found indications that there are three large chambers at the end.

It's very exciting stuff isn't it? So far they've been right on track with their predicted progress so hopefully by the New Year we'll hear the first news about what's in these chambers. I've got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that they discover a completely intact burial of the rulers we know so little about.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Why is it that every time a tunnel or underground chamber is found near ancient ruins everyone automatically thinks of tombs and mummies? Is it because of Gold? Perhaps the purpose of many ancient "tombs" is not understood simply because of this preconceived idea when in reality there exists no proof that they were ever used as tombs. The Great Pyramids of Giza come to mind, no proof that they were ever tombs, or how about many of the other underground chambers that are being found empty. What was the reason for building these huge structures? What is their astronomical connection?

I realize that mummies and tombs are being found. My point is that this seems to be the one theory that immediately comes to mind and clouds any possible understanding of the real purpose for these ancient ruins.

The megalithic stones erected in Nabta Playa were once thought to be grave stones or tomb markers or some other marker for sacrificial purposes. There were animal bones and stone statues representing animals found but the overall purpose of this huge site is far more complicated than just a burial site.

I think it is important not to have this "Tomb" idea obfuscate any search for answers in these ancient ruins and structures. Do we really know why the ancients built these things? Why were the pyramids of Giza built, or any pyramid in the world for that matter?

I can tell you that when I think of Teotihuacan I do not think of tombs and mummies. Furthermore when I read about these vertical shafts and tunnels my mind lights up in anticipation of the possibility to finally understanding the true purpose of this amazing ancient city.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Hiya Dev, the whole premise of the excavation is hoping that the three chambers will reveal the first burials of rulers or local big hitters. In all the searches, nobody has ever uncovered the burial of an important person at Teotihuacan. It's possible they used sky-burials or cremations, but burial/interment hasn't been ruled out.

The tunnel they're excavating has a constructed, arched roof and is 100 metres long. At the end of this tunnel are three chambers. At some point, ( ~200AD) the tunnels were blocked with huge rocks and debris to seal the chambers forever. This level of effort is strongly suggestive of *something* interesting waiting in the chambers. It's likely to be something of value to the people of the time if they've tried so hard to prevent anyone else getting in there.

Personally, I'm hoping it's something as important as Tutankhamun's tomb, burial and grave goods. Whatever they find can only be fascinating...as long as they don't find nothing at all! If what they find is closer to your imaginings, that'd be very cool too!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Hi Kandinsky,
That reminds me of another question I had about this tunnel. The pit was covered and the tunnel was filled in to near the ceiling from what the images show. Has it been confirmed that this was done deliberately or could this be from mud/rain run off?

This story reminds me of the labyrinth of underground chambers found in Egypt not long ago. I think they are still digging these chambers out. This entire underground complex is also filled up to near the ceiling with dirt which is said to be very compact. My question here is the same, did the ancients fill these underground chambers in by hand or could this have been caused naturally by mud flows?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I should point out that I still feel a little upset about the whole Giza pyramid tomb thing. What I mean is that we all were taught from school that all of these pyramids were built as tombs for the Pharaohs. So when I first read about the Giza pyramids (Khufu) being originally found empty and that there was no evidence present for them ever being used as tombs I was shocked! It's one thing to state this as a theory but completely different to state this as fact and this has been stated as fact for well over 100 years.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Robot in Tehotihuacan new tunnel.

Hmmm. Imagine that.

These Mesoamericans had robots? Even way back then?

Harte

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Thanks for that Kandinsky.

Makes you wonder though, why they didn't simply dig down into the 33x33x33ft chamber, if they think that it holds burials.

Why would they start digging furthest away from the anticipated 'prize'?

I can understand not wanting to damage anything, but if the work was done with care, i don't see why they couldn't have dug right down into the chambers.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

You and me both mate.

I cannot stand it when those in 'official' positions pronounce historical monuments as burial tombs, when the isn't a shred of evidence, let alone proof that they were ever designed to be burial tombs...yet they teach this as fact in schools.

I feel the same about religion.

It's one thing to say one believes something to be so and passes that belief around to others, but it's another thing entirely to teach others that one's belief system is historical fact!

It drives me bonkers, every time i hear something passed as fact, when it clearly is not!

And yes, i did get into a lot of trouble at school, for not only asking awkward questions, but also demanding that if the answers cannot be supplied, the teaching should be altered to reflect the lack of evidence and or proof...of course, i was a 'troublemaker' for daring to question the almighty syllabus.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Yeah, I also got into some trouble back in school for asking weird questions, that and daydreaming too much.

I have read about a relation with the alignments of the structures at Teotihuacan and sound waves. There is also a supposed connection to these buildings with the planets in our solar system. I could easily dismiss these ideas except that there are similar comparisons that have been made with other ancient megalithic structures like the Giza pyramids and Nabta Playa for example.

Again we could dismiss these alternative ideas and rely on archaeologists to figure it out yet when I keep hearing about the theory that the Giza pyramids were tombs for the Pharaohs toted as fact I think otherwise.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Hi Kandinsky, That reminds me of another question I had about this tunnel. The pit was covered and the tunnel was filled in to near the ceiling from what the images show. Has it been confirmed that this was done deliberately or could this be from mud/rain run off?

This story reminds me of the labyrinth of underground chambers found in Egypt not long ago. I think they are still digging these chambers out. This entire underground complex is also filled up to near the ceiling with dirt which is said to be very compact. My question here is the same, did the ancients fill these underground chambers in by hand or could this have been caused naturally by mud flows?

From what I've read, the tunnel was intentionally back-filled. Several large rocks show signs of being roughly carved and the rest of the back-fill contains hundreds/thousands of objects like shells, jade and cups. The guys at the site are sure that the amount of artificial objects in the blocked passageway are indicative of a deliberate, possibly ritual/spiritual sealing. The amount of objects they've found doesn't support the idea of a natural build-up of debris.

Geo-phys isn't always accurate. Still, the 'tunnel' is likely to lead somewhere and was built for a reason. We'll just have to wait and see what they uncover....and I hate waiting.

new topics

top topics

join