It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Island

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Your post leaves me fighting back tears.
I know it's possible - with dedication, trust, perseverance, open minds and hearts... And of course money to get going...

Like some of you I long to have a home where those who can work, do.
Those who cannot stay close to home and tend the fires and the little ones, who, at the same time learn from their elders.
Those who have spiritual gifts, vs religious views, help support those who are searching for ’more’ and wanting to learn, but not ‘lead’ them.
Where no child goes hungry, where no elderly person spends hour after hour waiting staring out a window for their loved one to come visit, only to watch the night fall again and again and again.
Where those who are afflicted are supported, not crushed.
Where there are no 'suits'.
Where people who want to dance can dance, no matter the time of day or night.
And those who want to create and form wonderful things from nothing have the time and the support to do so.
Where children don’t have to wait for Daddy to get home to feel him near, or wait for Mommy to get home before they feel safe.
I could go on but it's painful to do so.
Too bad we couldn't submit a request to some organization who'd want to study how we'd make out and have them fund it... Problem is, when it worked they'd want to take us over, or wipe us out.
peace

edit on 20-11-2010 by silo13 because: type-o

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This idea may sound promising at first but lets be realistic and break it down on how it would play out in my opinion.

You guys would start out as a community, working together, sharing ideas and generally trying to get along, enjoying the camaraderie associated with being with others that share your same beliefs.
However, after a period of time, ideas and egos would clash, distrust would form and this community would quickly split into two or more different factions, each claiming that their way is better.
Not long after this happens, one faction would claim that another is gaining an "unfair" advantage over the others, after their spy reports that they are building raiding parties and arming them with a "secret" weapon.
The other side denies it, of course. Diplomacy quickly breaks down, fighting ensues and one faction is crowned the winner and over all ruler of the island and the leader of that faction, the king.
Sounds a bit like 15th century England

Skeptics VS Believers VS Debunkers VS...

Seriously though, do you read the same board that I do? Especially in the last two years.

I vote for a rename to "Paranoid Island"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is a good idea OP, though haven't read the whole thread.

Have you looked into the past history of many who have already attempted to create micronations? I believe last year there was a summit of princes, kings, dictators and whatnot in Australia of the leaders of self-proclaimed micronations.

I have been to a such a place before, a guy who succeeded (sp) from the Australian government in the 60s or 70s - he did it legally - but I believe the federal government has tightened the noose so to speak for people who wish to follow suit.

The problem is not so much with acquiring the island in the first place. Financially possible? Yes. But then divesting the land of all connection from the 'owner' is another matter. There have been cases over the past couple of decades of people setting up micronations on disused oil-platforms and whatnot; one near greece in particular where they actually got raided and fired upon militarily for declaring 'independence'.

My basic point is, it may be relatively easy to pull together the finances to acquire an island - man-made or natural - but disassociating yourself with the prevailing governerment is another matter altogether, and an issue that TPTB wised up to some time ago.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

We all know who would really govern the ATS island,
the three amigos.I would volunteer to be empress of
the island...wait,is there a volcano on this island?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

So in other words - by your post - you don't think it's possible for 'man' to change? Or learn from their mistakes?
Well guess what?

I do.

Knowing ahead of time the pitfalls and the traps - I can only hope will help.

The difference between you and I?

A man who thinks he cannot change, never will.
A man who believes he can - at least has half a bloosy shot at it.

peace
edit on 20-11-2010 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

The problem is not so much with acquiring the island in the first place. Financially possible? Yes. But then divesting the land of all connection from the 'owner' is another matter. There have been cases over the past couple of decades of people setting up micronations on disused oil-platforms and whatnot; one near greece in particular where they actually got raided and fired upon militarily for declaring 'independence'.

I’ll have to look into this. I bet we could learn a lot from it no???
Or at least have the insight we don’t have at the moment on what we have to overcome!
peace

edit on 20-11-2010 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It is our natural nature to live this way check out this video from CNN about the homeless gathering together and do pay attention to what happens in the end.

Homeless pitch in at tent city

Forming a government, and anything else related to this project is pointless unless there is a place to do it. I would advise against this being landlocked in any western country as it would be impossible to avoid the ptb.

A island with good elevation, with fresh water, woods and pasture lands with a decent bay away from the rest of the world would be ideal, but does such a place exist?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, I have 3-4000 years of history to back up my theory and thats only counting the time since we became "civilized" If man hasnt learned by now, i doubt that they would learn in the next few years.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Animatrix because: i can

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join