It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Island

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I still fail to see where this island could possibly exist.
We would be outcasts that have as much defense as primitives against modern countries.
Maybe if there were a magical way to cloak the island, but again if we have to imagine, then why not imagine fixing our natural home?

Again, I would embrace the concept if it were conceivable. Maybe someday when other planets get inhabited this could work (until big brother caught up to the party).

I apologize for peeing on your party, but it is too much wishful thinking about a painful reality.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I still fail to see where this island could possibly exist.
We would be outcasts that have as much defense as primitives against modern countries.
Maybe if there were a magical way to cloak the island, but again if we have to imagine, then why not imagine fixing our natural home?

Again, I would embrace the concept if it were conceivable. Maybe someday when other planets get inhabited this could work (until big brother caught up to the party).

I apologize for peeing on your party, but it is too much wishful thinking about a painful reality.

I do wonder though if any goverment would really be concerned about a small group of people living on an island somewhere? What would be in the interest unless the island had some sort of harvestable resource like gold, or the like? What would be the point? We wouldn't represent any sort of military threat. Additionally were we to adopt a neutral stance on world politics/policies (ala Switzerland) what threat would we represent?

ETA: Yes, I chose to play along with the hypothetical idea.I find it to be an interesting scenario, and a good way to exchange ideas and dialogue, Depending on what the future brings we may indeed be forced into such conditions (like if a massive CME wiped out the worldwide grid) and it's not proposterous to think that many sheeple in such a situation would be little more than chickens with their heads cut off who have never given any thought into how one might rebuild their communities and society.
edit on 19-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
'They' worship money and power. Two things that they cannot have over a sovereign nation.
I would have to wonder who would allow this in their country without any strings.
All land is owned and has a value that is hard to give up. Years ago I looked into the possibilities of owning land outright free of and legal obligation to continue to pay taxes on it, and guess what, it is impossible. It is impossible because of the same reasons listed above. Someone needs to keep control over every living soul on the planet. It is something unlikely to change. Everyone answers to someone if you refuse to pay.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Location Location Location!!!!

Show me a island that is high enough above sea level with the expectant rise of ocean levels with timber, water, pasture, and hopefully wild game with a decent place to dock to unload and load supplies...oh and uninhabited...were we could get permission. Most uninhabited islands around the globe are nature preserves.

I agree about an advanced team needed to start building infrastructure. Irrigation and aqueducts come to mind also the need to scout out village sites.

Im almost constantly thinking about self sustaining eco, techno villages. Green energy production, hydro energy production.

Show us a location we could do this anyone?????

According to this ATS thread we should have little problem growing our own food
GMO Food is a Scam
edit on 19-11-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well seeing as you missed the point of what I was trying to say, let me put it to you in simple language so you can comprehend. And judging by the threads on ATS, yes, there are many people here that fit that label

LOL - I didn't miss your point the first time - and simple language? Maybe it's you that needs it.

Simple language is - people are willing and able to be MORE - without all the trappings and *bs* you listed.

You're not willing - seemingly - to admit that people can be - more. So welcome to the NWO for you - WE want no part of it.

Thus, the idea - of ATS Island - Where we don't need to put others down, to feel like we're standing taller.

Again, don't bother to pack your bags.

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

LOL - I didn't miss your point the first time - and simple language? Maybe it's you that needs it.

Simple language is - people are willing and able to be MORE - without all the trappings and *bs* you listed.

You're not willing - seemingly - to admit that people can be - more. So welcome to the NWO for you - WE want no part of it.

Thus, the idea - of ATS Island - Where we don't need to put others down, to feel like we're standing taller.

Again, don't bother to pack your bags.

peace

So by segregating society to those who think like you, and agree with everything you believe in, then you are making a better world for yourself? Well, thats literally impossible. Our capabilites of rational thought and decision making do not allow us to thrive in such conditions.

If what you were claiming was possible, then there would be several hundred "utopias" across the globe

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Location Location Location!!!!

Show me a island that is high enough above sea level with the expectant rise of ocean levels with timber, water, pasture, and hopefully wild game with a decent place to dock to unload and load supplies...oh and uninhabited...were we could get permission. Most uninhabited islands around the globe are nature preserves.

I’ll not presume you're from the USA, but, I can hear the echoes of the original ‘pilgrims‘ asking the same questions as you do. And I say this with respect for your thoughts and post.

Do I think there is a location ‘out there’ - yes.
Do we have to search for it?

Again, yes.

Is it feasible?

I just...don’t...know...
peace

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well,there already is a island just like you dream of.

It is called Castaway Cay.

I believe you can go there and sing,"It's a small world after all".

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The only thing ATS members have in common is a desire to know secrets. This would not help us unite to form a utopia. If you could get like minded people together then you will need a strategy to form a government. Just that will take decades.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So by segregating society to those who think like you, and agree with everything you believe in, then you are making a better world for yourself?

Either English is not your first language or you’re being intentionally obtuse.
I said there are people right here and right now on ATS who are capable and willing to be MORE than what they have been in the society they’re currently embroiled in.

I said nothing about that being either in-line with what I believe in or what I am not willing to subscribe to.

Saying so, there are a group of people here who are willing and able to put prejudice, religious differences, social standing, and all the clap trap of modern society behind them, (and willing to pay the cost to do so) in order to create a new life, a new society, a new possibility, for themselves and their families and their children.

Where is that place?

That's he question I’m asking ATS.

I’m not asking anyone to follow me, LOL.

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Well seeing as you missed the point of what I was trying to say, let me put it to you in simple language so you can comprehend. And judging by the threads on ATS, yes, there are many people here that fit that label

I am simply gratified to know that I am not alone in this way of thinking. There are many times when I've felt as though my friends who think similarly, and myself are alone in this world.

It is my soul deep belief that human beings can be so much MORE than we are right now. So much more than what our current world is forcing us to be. Human potential is infinite if we can only step beyond petty squabbles and this incomprehensible need to catagorize, demonize and label anyone who does not think exactly as we do.

Yes, my personality type is 'idealist', why do you ask?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Actually this sounds like a good way to put the various beliefs that ATSers have into bridging gaps. From the threads I've poked around in I've noticed various skill sets amongst the ranks. Kinda like there is no atheists in a fox hole, I think that survival will trump some differences. I may not be a good gardener, but I can hunt. Meat for grains ans so on. As for government how many different types do you think we would try out? I thinks as many as we could
The idea could be interesting to say the least....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

It is my soul deep belief that human beings can be so much MORE than we are right now. So much more than what our current world is forcing us to be. Human potential is infinite if we can only step beyond petty squabbles and this incomprehensible need to catagorize, demonize and label anyone who does not think exactly as we do.

reply to post by hangedman13

I may not be a good gardener, but I can hunt. Meat for grains ans so on. As for government how many different types do you think we would try out? I thinks as many as we could The idea could be interesting to say the least....

Now here’s an example of two people on the ‘same page’ as I am, and, I believe a lot of others here on ATS.
Sure, it’s not a perfect world, but, I still truly believe we could do something better than what we’ve got now.
And yeah, there’d be a place for everyone, that’s what I like so much about the whole idea.
I really don’t think it’s impossible.
peace

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
EEEK! Double post!

edit on 20-11-2010 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I posted what I posted because this idea is not new. I have searched high and low for such a place to go.

Old school ATS from 2005:
Have you ever thought about moving to a deserted Island, away from society?

I have no doubt that like minded individuals could not only make this work, but could possibly be a model for others to follow and or copy in other places.

Now Im sure the members have done searches for a place to do this, but we must keep looking. Before we develop any type of government or make plans for building infrastructure we need to have a location in mind, what is the elevation ? [preferably a plateau] with a fresh water supply. It would most likely be a agrarian society but would it be based on money to motivate people to work??? Just one of a thousand questions to be answered.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thanks so much for the other thread - I'll go look - and - I'm pretty psyched it's from 2005 - it gives me hope people have been thinking about this for a long time.

Beyond that I have to tell you something.
I know one place that's perfect for communal living - for a 'new life - but the problem it's in Italy, meaning there would be a lot of problems with VISA's - and of course the NWO. But I'm living proof you can live off the land here, and, make it work...But yeah it's tough.

Anyway, I'm up for trying. Seriously. I'd rather try than sit around and wait for a Savoir. And no, I don't mean that in a bad way - I'm just saying, if we don't save ourselves no one else will.

EDIT TO ADD: I'm sorry you got some of the same crappy replies to your thread as a few of the ones here.
It's like, if people don't agree, or don't think it will work, they still have to go out of their way to crud all over what we're trying. Even if it's a dream. (Which I hope it isn't) - But how sad is that? To make yourself feel better you have to crud all over someone else's dream.

Thanks again so much for your reply, you brightened my day.

edit on 20-11-2010 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

We need to understand that we live in a world with its systems of control similar to the matrix movies. There is a war for the hearts and minds of the people. Any kind of thread that has the ability to offer another system will be resisted both by the ptb and by people that are so dependent to this system that they will poo poo any alternatives to the system they are so much apart of.

However not only could we make such a project work, its basically how humans have lived for thousands of years before city states and empire became the new way of doing things.

I personally am not looking for a life of luxury, I enjoy work, but I would enjoy it more if my work and the fruits of my labor directly benefited my community, family and friends. I also long to live without a alarm clock. I seek spirituality vs faith. I seek togetherness vs ideology.

We just need to find a place that the ptb won't notice or not care what we do.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I was thinking about it a long time ago,but the idea was a heavy metal island.So i made a few plans back then on how to orginize sth like that.
1)No real goverment,more like a council.Everyone on the island would be part of that council at on point because the members will change evey 6 months.
2)Being a member of the council won't stop from working on your chosen proffession .If someone is a doctor,will not stop practising medicine.Everyone will have to offer to the community.
3)Everyone will be free to practise their religious beliefs as long as they are not harassing the rest.
4)People who will decide to live on the island are no longer Americans,British,Israelis etc.So no need to fight.
5)Citizents who commit a crime will be punished in different ways,depends on the crime.The more serious situations will be banished from the island.No capital punishment,no imprisonment.
6)Weapons will not be allowed.There is going to be a fair ammount of weapons on the island in case of an attack and they will be kept locked.The responsibility of their safe keeping will have a member of the council.

There are many more,but i can't remember them right now.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

1)No real goverment,more like a council.Everyone on the island would be part of that council at on point because the members will change evey 6 months.

That sounds a little like Athenian democracy

The central events of the Athenian democracy were the meetings of the assembly (ἐκκλησία ekklesia). Unlike a parliament, the assembly's members were not elected, but attended by right when they chose. Greek democracy created at Athens was a direct, not a representative democracy: any adult male citizen of age could take part, and it was a duty to do so. The officials of the democracy were in part elected by the Assembly and in large part chosen by lot.

wiki

It sounds like a good system to me

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

That sounds a little like Athenian democracy

The central events of the Athenian democracy were the meetings of the assembly (ἐκκλησία ekklesia). Unlike a parliament, the assembly's members were not elected, but attended by right when they chose. Greek democracy created at Athens was a direct, not a representative democracy: any adult male citizen of age could take part, and it was a duty to do so. The officials of the democracy were in part elected by the Assembly and in large part chosen by lot.

wiki

It sounds like a good system to me

Actually that is what i had in mind.I think it would work,especially with us ATSers.No need to be paranoid if you are part of the council.Unless we evolve to a new level of paranoia.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join