It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a device that can stop a camcorder from recoding?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have a question for the experts on ats. Is there a device that can stop a camcorder from recoding?

Just over a year ago I was taking some film of a location which is a bit sensitive [I was not hiding the camera]. When I got back home there was nothing recorded. Im positive I was recording.

Sorry was not sure were to post this.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
was the tape in

if it was digital maybe there was some kind of emp emissions, so you camcorder didn't work properly

not really sure

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Maybe it something to do with how X-Ray machines at airports ruins films.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Whats emp?

The rest of the film that I took came out including the stuff before, and after.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You don't no what EMP is? Ok well its the acronym for Electro-Magnetic Pulse. Its sort of self explanitory.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
maybe it just didnt record?happens to me some times.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
No there isn't any way to disable recording remotely like that. I suppose it might be possible to wreck a video camera with EMP weapons, but not to temporarily disable certain functions.

It's more likely that you forgot to hit the record button, or accidentally switched it off. Sorry!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
You don't no what EMP is? Ok well its the acronym for Electro-Magnetic Pulse. Its sort of self explanitory.

Question is can EMP be directed into a small area? I know that small EMP effects can occur, but can the be directed like a laser. Were other electronics you had with you effected? This is not a flame, but Ocams Razor beggs me to ask: Did you press record?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
well what if they used a small laser and hit the lens?
just a thought............

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
well what if they used a small laser and hit the lens?
just a thought............

That would work. Its what some of the IR countermeasures do on planes. But won't that wreck the camcorder???? Kode, did the camcorder still work?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It is possibly to have infrared lights which are very bright, enough to blind video cameras without people noticing them. It's easy to do. Look at your remote control's transmitter/led thingy through your video camera and you will see the difference in the way a human and a video camera see the same thing.

If the tape was all white at that point, but you still had sound, it could have been high intensity infrared light, they use it in movie premieres to stop people from filming the movie with a camcorder.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am positive the camera was working and recording at the time. At the point were there should have been film it just cuts out. It was strange, but thanks for the advice. The camera's never given me any trouble, but if there is nothing that can do this, then maybe it was a mechanical problem, or me.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Try it again in the same area and see what happens

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
where were you what was the area this might give us some idea of what might be around there that might cause your camera to be distorted for the amount of time.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
was the tape in

if it was digital maybe there was some kind of emp emissions, so you camcorder didn't work properly

not really sure

Non digital cams use magnetic tape ... EMP would whipe that clean even more easely then a digital device ..

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It was an embassy in London. The camcorder takes mini DV Digital Standard. I dont make a habit of filming embassys by the way it was just that I happened to be passing on 15/02/03 and thought I would take some film.

E_T

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Question is can EMP be directed into a small area?

It's electromagnetic radiation so it can be directed same ways than radio waves, microwaves...
But EMP would cause permanent damage easily... and because different devices aren't equally vulnerable they would break lot of devices.

I think it was that infrared light, they would cause "same effect" as overexposing when taking photographs. (whole picture is white)

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe the manufacturer of the camcorder installed a device that disables it whenever it recieves a signal emanating from a sensitive area.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kode
I have a question for the experts on ats. Is there a device that can stop a camcorder from recoding?

Just over a year ago I was taking some film of a location which is a bit sensitive [I was not hiding the camera]. When I got back home there was nothing recorded. Im positive I was recording.

Sorry was not sure were to post this.

You haven't been playing Splinter Cell have you?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
There does not seem to be a way to disable it with out physical damaging the device or disabling the internal electronics with some kind of directed EMP gun.

Go here for the plans to make your own have fun

www.plans-kits.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join