It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport Closed After Light Plane Crashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

aiport closed !!!!!!

news.sky.com

All flights at Birmingham Airport have been suspended and the runway closed following a light plane crash.

West Midlands Police say there are at least two casualties.

Five flights due to land in the next hour have been diverted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-11-2010 by Maxmars because: to add original source title

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
dont know what this is all about as its just happing. it says light aircraft... i wonder if it wasnt meant to fligh over and thought it would be ok... or is it more to it then that ?????

what ever has happened it sure is enogh to close the airport and divert flights from it. with this and germany and the thing in scotland are we heading for a big attack?

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Huh???? This looks like a routine if not tragic small plane crash... why all the dramatics? And what things in Ireland and Germany? Do you have other links to those things?

* You might want to take one or two or twelve of those exclamation points off the title.....
edit on 19-11-2010 by wisintel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

how is a small cesna crashing evidence of imminent terrorist attack?
What we have here is a small plane getting in to trouble in bad weather. Thats all folks. carrot in hand and im nibbling.

Isnt the ATS moto , deny ignorance, not make love to it?

edit on 19-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

thanks for the info though, my heart goes out to the families of the fatalities.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Sky's home affairs correspondent mark White said: "There is very bad weather in the area - thick fog.

"We believe there are two casualties - one is seriously injured, the other less so."

Well, I am uncertain as to the sensitivity of this accident and it's relevance to security. Fortunately it appears no one died.

When submitting Breaking Alternative News, it is expected and enforced that you use the article title.... This time I will edit it for you.... let's not have another one of these, k?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Comment with 115 recommends on the sky article;

There are people saying that they saw a large redish orange sphere of light following the aeroplane as it came into the airport, it then shot off at incredible speed to the west, and it was not another aircraft????

What that about?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Hopefully we'll get more than a comment 'hearsay' on this.... sounds very interesting.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
Huh???? This looks like a routine if not tragic small plane crash... why all the dramatics? And what things in Ireland and Germany? Do you have other links to those things?

* You might want to take one or two or twelve of those exclamation points off the title.....
edit on 19-11-2010 by wisintel because: (no reason given)

ireland ??? i didnt say owt about ireland....

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's very foggy where I am, and if it's the same in Birmingham as well, it may be a factor in the crash.

I know someone who has gone to Birmingham, I'll try to find out any details on the weather conditions when they get back and indeed, if they saw anything.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Regensturm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Birmingham Airport closed after 'light aircraft crash'

Excerpt from the Link:

Birmingham Airport closed after 'light aircraft crash'

All flights at Birmingham Airport have been suspended and the runway closed after a small aircraft is believed to have crashed near the site.

The ambulance service said two people had been taken to hospital.

One witness described seeing the plane on fire as it came into land at 1535 GMT and then "break into a fireball".

A Birmingham Airport spokesman said the aircraft involved was a private Cessna and all flights were currently suspended.

Eyewitness Dennis Gough, who was playing golf by the runway at the time, said he saw the plane coming in to land.

'Leaning to one side'

"As it was coming to land it was on fire and as as it approached the runway it looked like it was leaning to one side slightly," he said.

"Then, once it hit the runway there were sort of flames alongside the runway then it broke into a big fireball."

More

Engine fire? Collision with something in the fog? The plane was on fire according to this eyewitness.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux
Comment with 115 recommends on the sky article;

There are people saying that they saw a large redish orange sphere of light following the aeroplane as it came into the airport, it then shot off at incredible speed to the west, and it was not another aircraft????

What that about?

could of this hit the plane and caused the plane to learn to one side.......

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm

I know someone who has gone to Birmingham, I'll try to find out any details on the weather conditions when they get back and indeed, if they saw anything.

Just an update on my earlier post, they have come back from Birmingham and said the fog was very bad.

Birmingham Airport shut as transplant aircraft crashes

From the Link:

Birmingham Airport shut as transplant aircraft crashes

All flights at Birmingham Airport have been suspended and the runway closed after a small jet aircraft carrying a liver for transplant crashed nearby.

Two people were taken to hospital after the plane came down in foggy weather.

One witness said the plane was on fire as it came in to land at 1535 GMT and then burst "into a fireball".

A West Midlands Police motorcyclist was able to carry the organ from the scene through heavy traffic to the city's Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

More

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Terrible when this kind of thing happens, I was shocked when first I became aware of all the air traffic related incidents in just the US alone daily. ROSE EDIS has many many reports on it for major to minor problems all the time worldwide.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
teriffic article ats...... these ufo's have been buzzing aircraft for a very long time...foo fighters in ww II is a prime example...

top topics

join