It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,000 fetuses found at Thai Buddhist temple

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Uhm, not the Buddhists, from illegal abortion clinics.

Did you read the article?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Somewhere halfway down page one everybody lost what the thread was about I think what the OP was trying to explain was that some crazy incident took place in a Buddhist temple? Correct me if im wrong here but hasn't every religion been behind some kinda mass killing whether it be the Crusades back in the dark ages or the Jews and Palestinians of our current day killing one another? Hmm in any case this is interesting now lets stay and topic and stop bitching about abortion and if its wrong or right. Personally that issue is on the back burner its old and dull There are bigger issues today that need focused on.

Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazrmau5

Well , its not true to say that an incident occured at the temple at all. If you read the article, it says that the fetuses had been discovered at a temple. The article does not suggest for a moment that the abortions which lead to the presence of those fetuses were carried out at the temple however. As another poster rightly mentions early in the thread, monks and residents of temples are the people who are responsible for giving the dead a decent send off, so the fact that these unborn were found near one , merely suggests that they were left there for the monks to perhaps find. In either case, there is no link between the temple and the fetuses other than location, and the temples responsibility for the culturaly appropriate disposal of the dead.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I thought Buddhism was a life-loving religion? This goes to show the world the kind of charade another religion can put on while in fact promoting death to the truly innocent.

This is just one Buddhist temple. A TEMPLE! 2000 infants.

How many temples are there in Thailand? Are they all following the same priciples?

This is a staggering nightmare. May all of those responsible find their place in Hell.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: OK. Let me apologize for jumping to conclusions. I didn't read the entire article. I was just stunned by the number of fetuses that were found at this single location. The stench is what prompted a search and for someone to allow these unborns to lie around and rot is beyond belief.

I'm still in disbelief at the number. 2000? That's a lot of lives.
edit on 19/11/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

Dude, buddhism isn't a religion, it's a philosophy. The religion in Thailand is Animist, but is labelled as Buddhism as that's the philosophy most go by.
These remains will of been from poor Thai folk who couldn't afford an abortion at a clinic.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join