It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant in Yemen and Why Yemen is the next war front.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I found this story very interestingto say the least, what with Yemen being in the news lately with regards to it being the next target of the US on it's expanding presence/empire in the middle east. It was posted January 5, 2010 and seems to be prophetic in some of it's ascertions.

Here are the first few paragraphss from the article and the link is below.

"Soon you will hear many things about Yemen. The media will paint a picture of this country and its people as the new home of Al Qeada, and you will believe what they say. Why wouldn't you?

Yemen is the poorest country in the Arabian peninsula. It's located on the map below Saudi Arabia. Despite it proximity to the rich oil nation, Yemen is too far south to benefit from the rich oil deposits. It's hot and dry and water is scarce. The Yemeni people are mostly tribal, as they have been for centuries. There's really no reason anyone would vacation in Yemen. Unless you have family there, you would likely never go to Yemen.

But I have.

In 2001 I was the guest of the Yemeni government because I had accidentally made a discovery that I had no right to make. I discovered strong evidence that the Ark of the Covenant is buried in an archaeological site in a desert outpost called Marib."

Read on...mondovista.com...

Definetely food for thought, What do you think Ats'ers?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 20-11-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

This is absolutely AMAZING, I do hope it is there, and it does not matter who has it, honestly. If the Ark is there, it proves so many things and if not hidden to continue a false sense of reality.

Plus with the Ark being there, if it is, will increase faith across the board and bring understanding and people might actually pick up a bible and learn some morals/values (not saying everybdoy doesnt have them, we are going in a dire direction) It is a god instructed man made device that if exist, will not matter who owns it, the timeline has been set and this will be the stone.

Good stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Have you noticed though that supposedly there are war ships, research vessels, from all over the world there but it is almost like they are hesitant to engage?

They say it is to protect shipping lanes from pirates and terrorists but I think it is much more
edit on 19-11-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It is a very interesting story..Thank you for sharing it ..The carvings that you photographed at LaJunta ,are they being studied by any others? I suppose I should spend some time researching it myself,so thanks for the good read and some thought for the day ....peace

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Interesting story indeed.
Yemen does seem to be overly represented in the news of late for such a small, poor country.
Time will tell whether there is any veracity to this story or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Not that this may have anything to do with anything, there have been a bunch of earthquakes off the coast of Yemen in the past week. Some speculating that it has something to to with the supposed "stargate opening" in the Gulf of Aden. Who knows. Fun stuff though.

Link to USGS
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.-Jer3.16

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Let's not allow this thread to get burried. It's way too important a theory, and if true explains much about the current world situation, what they're up to, where we came from and who else is "out there".

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
One of the most interesting posts I have read on this site in quite a while. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

I never had heard of the Queen of Sheba and her ties to Yemen, so I learned something new. Like most of the world...I thought she was from Ethiopia, prior to her marriage to Solomon...not after.

As for the discovery of the Ark of the Covenant, my belief is the Queen, in her wisdom, understood that it should NOT be found until the RIGHT people were given the message when and where to dig it up. The world is NOT ready for the message the Ark holds, let alone understanding enough of the way the Ark works.

Postulation has it that the Ark is some kind of nuclear reactor or contains some kind of radioactive/other worldly matter. All well and good, but remember, curiosity killed the cat.

I do hope that whoever has taken it upon themselves to protect this site continues to do so to the nth degree. When the time is right passage will be given.

~holly

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
I found this story very interestingto say the least, what with Yemen being in the news lately with regards to it being the next target of the US on it's expanding presence/empire in the middle east. It was posted January 5, 2010 and seems to be prophetic in some of it's ascertions.

Here are the first few paragraphss from the article and the link is below.

"Soon you will hear many things about Yemen. The media will paint a picture of this country and its people as the new home of Al Qeada, and you will believe what they say. Why wouldn't you?

Yemen is the poorest country in the Arabian peninsula. It's located on the map below Saudi Arabia. Despite it proximity to the rich oil nation, Yemen is too far south to benefit from the rich oil deposits. It's hot and dry and water is scarce. The Yemeni people are mostly tribal, as they have been for centuries. There's really no reason anyone would vacation in Yemen. Unless you have family there, you would likely never go to Yemen.

But I have.

In 2001 I was the guest of the Yemeni government because I had accidentally made a discovery that I had no right to make. I discovered strong evidence that the Ark of the Covenant is buried in an archaeological site in a desert outpost called Marib."
Read on...mondovista.com...

Definetely food for thought, What do you think Ats'ers?

Your presuming the Ark even exists, of which no hard evidence has ever been found, It might not even be literal interpretation of the texts, rather something more symbolic.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Somehow i managed to end up on a page which predicts a gigantic wave of energy may be on the way to engulf earth as we speak....Im not sure how i ended up tere, perhaps through viewzone, the emaag that the yemeni reseracher works for.
But it sounds plausible as anything yet.
So good luck all...most of this world will be destroyed in 2012 by this energy wave.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

Yes, you are right, there is no actual physical evidence for the Ark, but it's mentioned alot in different texts under different names, which in my mind gives it some validity.
The Egyptians called it the Ark of the contract and according tothe Bible, with it's dimensions, it fits perfectly into the sarcophagus in the kings chamber of the Great pyramid...interesting stuff.

PS: There is also no evidence of many things but still we believe.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed...I dug up more information:

www.ucalgary.ca...

A team of researchers funded by the American Foundation for the Study of Man (AFSM) and led by University of Calgary archaeology professor, Dr. Bill Glanzman, has been working to "unlock the secrets of a 3,000-year-old temple in Yemen." "We have an enormous job ahead of us," said Glanzman in 2007. "Our first task is to wrest the sanctuary from the desert sands, documenting our findings as we go. We're trying to determine how the temple was associated with the Queen of Sheba, how the sanctuary was used throughout history, and how it came to play such an important role in Arab folklore."

Source: Recent archaeological discoveries
edit on 19-11-2010 by CanuckCoder because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by CanuckCoder because: Additional Text

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Curiosity killed Shroedinger's cat?? I thought that it had to be both alive AND dead????? J.k.....

Jaden
edit on 19-11-2010 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How did the inscriptions end up in Colorado? The whole story is very interesting to say the least. Is it possible that the ancients somehow traveled the whole Earth? So many questions and so interesting. Fantastic read.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In the comments section some guy warned the author for his own safety - he also was talking about the "treasure of treasures" along with the arc - what is the treasure of treasures?

Also, just my opinion - if some superpower thought that the arc really was in that area, a bunch of tribesmen with ak's wouldn't stop them from getting it... maybe international laws and the fear of global retribution would keep them from taking a risky shot in the dark just to verify their theory?

Is it worth it to start a war on the hope that some mythical item might be buried there? - Some might say we've gone to war for less...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The only time i've ever heard of the ark was in Indiana jones. I have no idea what it is. Not being raised religious I find it facinating that the events of the world today follow some holy books such As the bible/Torah. Call it prophesy or dumb people trying to make prophesy happen. Still entertaining none the less.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fingersoup

Lets not for get that as the story goes those who hold the ark have a unstoppable army or would win wars if they took the ark with them.

If it is real and there then they may be asking if they can just take it by force.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The Ark is not in Yemen .
The Sellata Muse (tablet of Moses) is housed in a chapel (enda sellat : House , or Dwelling of the Tablet) , on an island in the middle of a lake , in Aksum , Ethiopa . Guarded by one person , who holds the position for life .

Also known as "tabota Seyon (the tablet of Zion) . Translated , this means "Ark of Zion" , or , "Ark of the Covenant" .
edit on 19-11-2010 by okbmd because: ETA

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by Fingersoup

Lets not for get that as the story goes those who hold the ark have a unstoppable army or would win wars if they took the ark with them.

If it is real and there then they may be asking if they can just take it by force.

I'm not saying it does exist. I'm very pessimistic and skeptical by nature, but it would be cool as hell if it did. .. it's all far fetched but entertaining to consider.. it IS like Indiana Jones and then some.

Disclaimer aside,

If you knew for sure that it was there, it would totally be worth it to risk an act of war and piss off the rest of the world to go and dig it up out of another countries back yard - but if it wasn't there... (and how would you know it was when you don't even know if it exist or not) Would it be worth it to go just to find that out?

Excavation isn't exactly covert.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join