It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Professor who downplayed oil spill has fed gov contracts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Exclusive: Professor who downplayed oil spill has fed gov contracts

www.rawstory.com

Quoted in scores of news outlets, appearing on dozens of network news programs and even landing a guest spot on The Late Show with David Letterman, oil spill expert Ed Overton has been a ubiquitous presence in the media throughout the Gulf oil spill disaster. ......

Yet in nearly every media appearance, and even during congressional testimony, Overton, an environmental chemist, has omitted this long-term, high-level contracting position for the federal government through LSU, a Raw Story investigation has found.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My God, these people have no conscience whatsoever.

When I think of the horrendous, hellish plight of the men, women and children in the Gulf of Mexico, people like Overton make me feel sick to my stomach.

How much lower will people sink? What is wrong with people?
Where is their humanity?

I hope and pray that one day soon people will re-awaken to their humanity, realise who they really are and start to care about other human beings, our brothers and sisters - and about our wonderful, wounded planet.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The address of the faculty:

Department of Environmental Sciences · 1285 Energy, Coast & Environment Building · Louisiana State University · Baton Rouge, LA 70803

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think this should be added to the list of proofs that we can attribute to the media's complicity in performing propaganda services for the federal authorities.

During the onset of war we had contracted military industrial complex talking heads making inflammatory and biased opinions regarding the urgency and scope of military action that was needed and every single major news outlet participated in NOT telling us that they were employees of the system who should have been properly vetted prior to speaking about the war.

Now we have another government associate during a crisis espousing his 'weighty' opinions 'on-air' without disclosing the bias he may be subject to.

This is not a function of administrations, not a function of personalities, it is a function of political conduct. They are all exactly the same. One party - two different color jerseys. Both act and are guilty of the same plays, seeming from the same playbook. What is it about this that isn't self-evident?

Yet we still adhere to the idea that "my" candidate will fix everything, "vote all the other bums out!" Sad, sad, sad.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Indeed. An un-vetted or non-dislaimed source is really no better than the multitude of anonymous sources flooding the airwaves. In fact, with the news playing in the background this morning, I was amused by how many stories were told that had ZERO crediting of sources. If you are a talking head on TV nowadays, anything you say is suddenly true, even if you make it up. (just don't get caught by someone more influential!)

new topics

top topics

join