It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta-4 launch today from Cape Canaveral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I was chatting with my favorite radar guy in the middle of nowhere
and he told me about the Delta-4 launch today. They never mention these launches in the news really and it would be nice to I know that my house is going to shake and why!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5d1b209bc98.jpg[/atsimg]
isn't she pretty

One cannot overstate the importance of Friday night's Delta 4-Heavy launch from Cape Canaveral to national security, a mission by the massive rocket that will deploy "the largest satellite in the world" to hear the whispers of evil.

This was suppose to go up yesterday but it was delayed til tonight. It has a four hour window and it will light up the coast for sure!

Here is some more info on the Delta-4

United Launch Alliance's Delta 4-Heavy is America's biggest unmanned rocket currently in service, capable of lofting the largest and heftiest cargos. The mammoth vehicle is created by taking three Common Booster Cores -- the liquid hydrogen-fueled motor that forms a Delta 4-Medium's first stage -- and strapping them together to form a triple-barrel rocket, and then adding an upper stage.

"I believe the payload is the fifth in the series of what we call Mentor spacecraft, a.k.a. Advanced Orion, which gather signals intelligence from inclined geosynchronous orbits. They are among the largest satellites ever deployed," said Ted Molczan, a respected sky-watcher who keeps tabs on orbiting spacecraft.

Destined for geosynchronous orbit 22,300 miles above the planet, this new spacecraft supposedly will unfurl an extremely lightweight but gigantically huge umbrella-like antenna to overhear enemy communications and aid U.S. intelligence.

"The satellite likely consists of sensitive radio receivers and an antenna generally believed to span up to 100 meters (328 feet) to gather electronic intelligence for the National Security Agency," Molczan said.

More can be found here: Spaceflightnow.com

If you live in the area look outside around 6pm for the light show!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
this sort of launch used to be classified a few years back. This may be the quickest rocket in the inventory. Its a joy to see in person. Takes about 12 minutes to reach me out here.

hi!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASC Nole
this sort of launch used to be classified a few years back. This may be the quickest rocket in the inventory. Its a joy to see in person. Takes about 12 minutes to reach me out here.

hi!

There you are!!! My favorite spazz/science/rocket/all things cool buddy!

yeah I read they use to be secret...

There was a launch about 6mths back that nobody knew of, it was classified I guess but damn it shook the entire condo! Scared me senseless! The news mentioned it and had no idea what it was or who launched it. Later the times were all wrong on their launch site. Oh well, guess they didnt want us to know what it was
I still like watching them go up!!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
we used to do a ton of launches that were classified. Its just not like that any longer. But I can tell when China, Russia and others try and sneak up pay loads. The Delta heavy is a beauty to see in person. I sure do miss Cocoa Beach!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

we used to do a ton of launches that were classified. Its just not like that any longer. But I can tell when China, Russia and others try and sneak up pay loads. The Delta heavy is a beauty to see in person. I sure do miss Cocoa Beach!

Yeah they can't sneak anything past you!

I will watch and film and then post the video lol

Well when you come back to visit we can chill and spazz together lol Don't forget some cool space/rocket stuff! I need a shirt

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
the shuttle has been rescheduled for Dec 3rd. ugh

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Oh ya! when I come back, Ill hook you up! fo sho!

look, most Americans dont care about space flight now a days. You do. I will make sure you get some goodies. And thank you for your support!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

the shuttle has been rescheduled for Dec 3rd. ugh

Yeah it's getting a little to close to when I leave. If I miss it I will be upset but I get to see the man so it's ok...but damn I want to see the shuttle too!!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Oh ya! when I come back, Ill hook you up! fo sho!

look, most Americans dont care about space flight now a days. You do. I will make sure you get some goodies. And thank you for your support!

awe thanks! Anytime! Hey I like having space spazz buddies, makes me feel normal lol

You rock!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi there,

thanks for the thread.

thought you may like to see this ......:

img529.imageshack.us...

it is the patch for this launch.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Hey thanks!!

I will have to see about getting one for my patch/coin/nasa stuff collection

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping us informed, Mblah! It'll be great and hopefully a clean, safe launch.

Be nice if the msm would keep us better informed, though.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
Thanks for keeping us informed, Mblah! It'll be great and hopefully a clean, safe launch.

Be nice if the msm would keep us better informed, though.

Best regards,

Mike

No problem. After I film it I will add the video to the thread

They usually don't mention anything but the shuttle. I haven't seen it on the news yet here, but I guess around here it's not considered that big of a deal. Although I would like advanced knowledge of the house shaking and so I dont freak out thinking we are being bombed lol

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Delta IV Heavy has similar cargo capacity to Shuttle, about 20 tons. It is also a very photogenic vehicle.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Those are awesome pics! I'm trying to post them here but media is being a pain in my rear right now.

The launch has been delayed and they haven't announced when it's going up just yet. It's not going up Saturday that I did read.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Launch Scrubbed

ULA Source

edit on 11/19/2010 by UberL33t because: Fixed Link

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
At first glance, this may look like a Delta-4 rocket, but if you turn the image left-wise, zoom in on the lower-upper portion of the head of the tail...clearly, it's a plane.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
At first glance, this may look like a Delta-4 rocket, but if you turn the image left-wise, zoom in on the lower-upper portion of the head of the tail...clearly, it's a plane.

LMAO Bro

Thanks For the laugh

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
They are trying to launch the Delta IV heavy again today. Links to live feed and live coverage:
spaceflightnow.com...

space.flatoday.net...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well it finally went up but you couldn't see a thing. It's cloudy and rainy here. I am surprised it went up. You sure as heck could feel it going up, everything shook! I love it!

I really wanted to film it and was ready but you couldn't see a thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join