It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please read the whole thread before hitting reply!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Hey you, dont question it; take it on a leap of faith my dear. You are a rare woman indeed, I see you prefer "logic" over BS, KUDOS! I appreciate your existence. But understand, and I think you do, Quantum Physics is proving that existence is a series of random events. Which mean my dear, you I or anyone else doesnt know ish! We are menial consciousness trying to control our little bubbles and anything that causes our bubble to pop is met with our most extreme "wrath".

Understanding comes from empathizing and taking away what another consciousness uses to substantiate its claim for "being". LOL it aint rocket science. But it is something that requires respect for another's view. Even the wrong is needed to see the right because from mistakes we learn, so appreciate anything posted.

How do you know if the person who read the first few lines of a post did not become so inspired by an experience or spiritual connection, that they answered purely out of faith? Who is anyone to say what is the right way? Remember even Einstein stole his knowledge to gain salvation in America. Smartest man indeed
I like you and your rant is kinda cute; keep it up and oh yeah if you havent already read this post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you will not be disappointed and Proto loves to argue with women lol

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Is this you bringing in random illuminati stuff again

Seriously though, thanks for your observations and yes, I do prefer logic over BS, and whilst I can understand what you are saying about someone being very moved by the OP and posting a reply based on "faith" there are just so many instances where posters just seem to want to jostle in with their opinions without taking in any of the information already posted, which may have considerably altered the direction of the debate or for that matter, be simply re-stating what has aleady been said...multiple times!

Yes, I'll take a look at that thread, though it will probably be some time before I can add my opinions, as there is a heck of a lot of reading at 165 pages! And it would be utterly hypocritical of me to jump in, without having read the whole thread

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

How can you say this? Say I read a post made by you, you are the OP. OK, I read your post, and I wish to reply to your post. I don't really care what others have said at that time, you are the one I am replying to, no one else. Make sense?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yes, I do take your point to a certain extent, but there are many situations where it is important to read what has already been written, I used the time-traveller thread as an example because every page there were at least two people saying "what about cell towers" when that particular question had been asked and answered so many times, it got ridiculous.

Asking questions is one thing, but to repeatedly asking the same questions when they've been answered already is a bit tiresome.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Uhmn okay but still you havent dealt with the possibility that it could be Illuminati. Project Blue Beam is Illuminati. Etc. You havent debunked what I said. You are asking me to "convince" you of what I said. Read up read up. I chime in with my opinion all of the time.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

As far as I can see if you don't make your post on the first page (or sometimes even in the first 3 or 4 replies) then it mostly gets ignored.

The really annoying thing is if you actually spend time making a point and you end up being the last post on page 5- 6 ,then someone else replies a second later the forum flips over to a new page and literally no one sees your post.

edit on 21-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yeah but what about the cell towers ?

Personally,I font like to read many of the responses to the threads inertially,because it tins my option in regards to replying to the original OP BUT !
as I become more involved in a thread,I might acknowledger the other posters.

I guest my spell checker is on the fritz, Hal bee batch.

nice ranch !

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

I'll do a bit of reading over the Christmas break when I have some time, but until then, I will agree with you, yes, it could be, as I don't have much knowledge on the subject, so I shall defer to your greater knowledge until such times as I have more of my own

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Star for you! yes, I totally agree, it can be very frustrating when you have already made a point, to be totally ignored, because no one has bothered to read any of the previous posts, only for someone else to come along, make exactly the same point and it is treated like they were the first person to arrive at the conclusion...happens to me all the time, and though on the one hand I'm just glad that at least the point has been made and understood, but on the other, the point had already been made!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Yeah but what about the cell towers ?

You are kidding me right????

I'm glad you like to read the whole thread though (at least I think that's what you said!!! Hope your spell checker is fixed soon

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This thread is annoying me for the same reason.

It took me ages to make this post, I didn't even know how to put place markers on google earth when I started it and I think it makes quite a valid point.

However by the next page it seems that I might just as well not of bothered and people go back to talking about it being an amazing discovery

Obviously I don't just expect everyone to say "wow your right" but some acknowledgement of the point I made would be nice.

I did get a few stars for it but I would rather people responded then just gave stars and ignored the actual point of the post
edit on 22-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

A classic case of people only seeing what they want to see! Your research was really good though and your points very valid, what a shame that people haven't taken much notice of them. I've starred your posts though...Well done

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Oh plz dont be so condescending lol. I know nothing except what I know which is nothing compared to what is the truth. But I know enough to know I hate child rapists, child sacrifice and deception on any level. etc -yawn- This waking up stuff suckz but you see what I do 1st thing in the morning? Learning

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Oh and btw what you have pointed out has already been pointed out but I forget where; sorry its true.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound condescending, I genuinely meant that you have more knowledge on the subject than me, but I promise I will read up on it soon. And I agree, I dislike all of those things that you do as well, so perhaps will will find much commone ground.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

What someone plotted a line from my house through the pyramids
I'd like to see that, didn't realise my fame had spread so far

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Oh, I see your point also, destination now, and realize that a read through the entire thread is necessary to make a completely informed opinion, theory, or hypothesis of the original thought. It is six of one, and half a dozen of the other, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Just thought I'd come to my rant thread to let off some steam........Why oh why oh WHY can people not be bothered to read threads before spouting off nonsense.

Fair enough they can spout off nonsense if they wish, but to post something on a thread (that's not that long) thinking it's the first time that someone has thought of it, when several people have posted the same rubbish throughout the thread, without taking any time to read and understand what has been said by others in relation to their nonsense......which if they had read the blinking thread in the first place they would have realised there was no need to come and spout their nonsense!

GrrrrrrrrrrrRaaaaaaage....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Sorry, but just have to have a rant here! I am fed up with reading a thread only to find several pages later a post where it is obvious that the poster has simply read the OP and clicked "Reply" without having read any of the other responses!

Are you saying you really read all 12 pages or so of a particularly long thread?

As long as you make it clear you're replying to the OP (Original Poster), shouldn't be a big deal. Sometimes, you just want to weigh in with your opinion.

However, if you're going to criticize something like a link, reference, etc., then you should look more first to see if it has already been taken care of.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yes, I usually do read all 12 (or more) pages if I am interested in the subject. Obviously I have no problem with people giving their unique opinion, but for example the other day someone had posted a link to a story that was 4 yrs old and where the story was no longer applicable. Several people throughout the thread pointed this out,giving up to date links etc and explaining the current situation...still people were wading in with outrage from the original link, when they were totally wrong...and due to the sensitive nature of the thread, it meant that people were posting some rather offensive remarks, which if the story had been true or current I could possibly understand their outrage, but it wasn't and simply reading even 2 or 3 pages into the thread would have enlightened them to the actual situation.

But soemtimes when the thread is only 2 pages long it still happens, within the 2nd or 3rd post the OP has been refuted with evidence and still there are people, simply reacting to the OP without having read a single other post and as such are ill-informed, I mean how hard is it to read a couple of pages?

Sometimes in an effort to deny ignorance one must take time to read and digest the information in order to make every post matter...(at the top of all of my reply boxes I have a message, saying that as I am an experienced contributer to ATS, that I should be an example to newer members and make every post matter) so really just trying to abide by the t&c's

top topics

<< 1   >>

join