It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - Why do we sense evil?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Treacherous

i have experienced sleep paralysis many different times. the first time i was freaked out, why couldnt i move?
the next time it happend i realized that i would come out of it and relaxed
the very moment i relaxed and told myself its ok
i left my body and went on an astral adventure
everytime after that, when i feel sleep paralysis i relax and leave my body
i discovered this all by accident

my conclusion is...
if you feel fear during your sleep paralysis, your fear and potential hallucinations will increse
if you relax, either your paralysis will subside
or
you will leave your body

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
I've only had this experience once - I just thought wow! so this is the famous sleep paralysis - there was a brooding sense of presence, and I became aware of a golem like creature at the bottom of the bed he started thrashing about in a fit of temper because I had woken up and as I focused on him he semmed to dissolve into nothingness.

I think the doomy feeling comes because it is the emotional tone of the realm between this world and the astral worlds a sort of yellowy, desolate claustraphobic doomy no-mans land, I have been there in lucid dreams,.

Yes I used to see the putty faced people too when paralysed. The last time that I saw one I mistook it for a frisky woman who had slipped into my room so I told her to go back to bed.

I used to get the feeling of nameless dread but over the years. it seems to come to detente. I interpret them as spirits.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
mind awake body asleep, that is the effect thaqt you need to achieve to have an out of body experience, and that is the exact state that you are in during sleep paralysis

i want everyone to realize

YOU CONTROL WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR IN SLEEP PARALYSIS

the more fear you feel, the worse the visions will get
the calmer you are, the faster it will dissipate
if you remain calm, and relax yourself, and chances are you will slip right out of your body
and into one of the most beautiful and intense experiences you will ever have,

sleep paralysis for me is the doorway to the astral world.
which is why we sometimes see demons, angles, elementals, vampires, etc
because the door to the astral is open in your mind
and they are walkin thru it
just like you can walk thru it into their world

IF you see a demon during this sleep paralysis
know this
you have power and control over that monster, it is feeding off your mind, your thoughts,
if you banish it, dismiss it, laugh at it, or most importantly relax, it will leave
the monsters you see duing sleep paralysis are using your mind, it is using your thought form of what you visualize as a demon to manifest into our world and feed of your fear

think about it, if it want to feed of your fear, what better way to make you scared then to manifest itself into the most ugly mean looking thing you can think of.

DO NOT FEAR SLEEP PARALYSIS, relax and you will reach astral heaven

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
wow guys just coming back to this now, thank you all so much for your contribution to the thread, its all interesting and valuable to me

Ive so much food for thought, I love taking the sense of doom and making it optimistic and taking the feeling of out of control and making it in control... makes me wana try it tonight! (Maybe thats the glass of wine I've had) Cant wait to read other peoples threads about sleep paralysis in the future!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I´ve already had the sensation. It´s horrible. The issue of the AWAKE! Magazine, 4/8/91 helped me a great deal. The Title is "Narcolepsy - The Sleeping Illness". It might help you as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceship100
I´ve already had the sensation. It´s horrible. The issue of the AWAKE! Magazine, 4/8/91 helped me a great deal. The Title is "Narcolepsy - The Sleeping Illness". It might help you as well.

I do not think a magazine written by such a bigoted and ignorant religious sect would have anything of merit.I have known these people since a small child hence I became an occultist. I have had many first hand examples of their galloping ignorance to last me a lifetime.

Nice try

edit on 22-11-2010 by tiger5 because: add a sentence

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i had SP at least 2 or 3 times a week for as long as i could remember until 2003 when i was in a near fatal car accident. my SP always came with the sensation of that the likes of a cinder block resting on my chest. the harder i fought to 'move a finger', the heavier the weight would bear down on me, the harder it became to breathe. in those dreams, i always would be lying there in bed, trying to get up, i would often see family members watching me but not helping, which always added to the 'evil' sensation, and it never helped upon waking that they would tell me they weren't there (most times they actually weren't) and that they never heard me screaming.
after nearly dying in a car wreck in 2003, while laying in ICU, i experienced 2 dreams that i will never forget. the 1st being myself flying out of my hospital room, out over the top of the hospital and across the canopy of trees that surrounded one side of it, increasing in speed towards a blinding light. i felt like i was sitting up in a chair in a straight jacket (that may be due to the fact they had me in restraints and heavily sedated), but more like inside the cockpit of a jet. after traveling what seemed many miles towards this light, i suddenly halted, and began tracking back towards my hospital room. i momentarily woke up and the doctors were discussing a tracheotomy, which i under went shortly thereafter.
the other one, which occurred multiple times, was that of a young girl coming to my bedside and reaching up to hold my hand and let me know it was all okay and that i needed to come with her. i am guessing that would have to be death, but thankfully i was in restraints and told her i couldn't get up. she always told me she would return and then we would have to go. after i was off sedation and able to speak, i asked the doctors and nurses and of course, no little girl had ever entered my room... but i had seen her, and i can only assume, one day, i will again...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

You´re dealing with the occult, something that eventually is gonna turn against you, and you call what the AWAKE! writes ignorance?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What is this link though? We call fear the "mindkiller" but does that mean it numbs the soul also? Perhaps it spurs it on.....

The '___' molecule it is said is more like a chariot than the spirit source itself so is fear also the chariot?

For example many people have near death exeriences and for sure at these times the mind is under stress and fear....the body releases chemicals that activate or perhaps sheild certain aspects of our perception.

I know for sure the first time I had an oobe in my adult life I was full of fear for the future at the time. And when I found myself paralysed while fully conscious I screamed and shouted at the to of my lungs but no sound came out.

Now if I cannot physically get up or call for help but I have no intention of being in this vulnerable state what I am to do?

Do I whimper in despair or do I spring forth from my bio-suit like a totally ultra cool badass who can fly and sh*t?

Why did the ancient cultures see what we cannot? Why is it that their brainwaves worked in binary and ours dont? Why did stillness equal kineticism and why did death mean life?

Perhaps the fear is the test our own soul gives us.

Stagnate or stargate thats what I reckon.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Boredomsux

Me too, dude.
In my case it's a little more extreme than what u describe; my car is heading toward a cliff, by realizing that I bust out from the roof and hover in the air for about ten seconds; walking across a street a car heading toward me with full speed, I dont know why but Im not wake up or jump to the sidewalk....I just simply stand there hold my hand out....boom the car got pushed back my an invisible force. Just two nights ago....in my dream I got stabbed by spears coming from behind me, instead of waking up in cold sweat....it (my dream) got rewind back before that moment...so I know when to dodge.
It's pretty weird, right ?

Before I come to experience these dream-with-total-control whenever I see myself doing some extraodinary things I would automatically wake up. Like seeing myself flying 10,000 feet above ground as soon as realize thats fking impossible....I would start falling and before I hit the ground...boom I wake up.

Maybe this is the pro of playing RPG games and watching action/adventure/fantasy/horro movies.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I too have had experiences with sp. The first time was when I was diagnosed with cancer I was couch-ridden for months. one day I hear my dad walk to the computer room (whom was legitimately there) and I couldn't move. i saw myself from third person trying to get off the couch but i felt like my body mass was 1,000,weighty weight. I tried yelling to him "help me!" but it came out in the form of a quiet muffled groan. Directly after that I saw a demonic horrifying looking girl in a mirror in my mind reaching for me and I began to panic more trying to wake up before she grabbed me. Then finally i force my (rubber-band feeling) eyes open. The only other experience that scared me like that started when i tried waking up I felt the rubber-band eye effect again and I saw an image of a man who was standing over a pale white female, blood on the floor. The odd thing was I couldn't see his neck or his face or the girls there was no auditory experience with this one and he just stood there, his body facing me but it felt like I was being force to witness this scenario. Both situations of SP scared me to death it felt like it was something beyond the physical plain. Im a very "out of the box" type of thinker and I'm fairly bright and sensitive to energies, my senses (beyond the 5 basic)are pretty well attuned. I'm no nut job honestly before this site I thought I was alone with this. So thank you guys

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The guy who was posting about Out of Body Experiences and Astral projection is completely right guys. You are all freaking out over this, when in reality, you are so close to having one of the most magnificent, amazing experiences you could ever hope to have as a human being. The kind of experience that transforms an atheist like me into believing in eternal life and the existence of souls.

Before I knew what it was, my sleep paralysis would manifest with breathing troubles when i was asleep - i would be dreaming, then i would dream i was choking, then i would partially wake up and not be able to move. Then I learned to concentrate taking slow, deep breaths, and i would break out of the paralysis, something you may want to try.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceship100
reply to post by tiger5

You´re dealing with the occult, something that eventually is gonna turn against you, and you call what the AWAKE! writes ignorance?

Yes I do. How can the Jehova Witnesses not be an ignorant organisation? I have known the JWs since I was six. I actually investigated a cae of demonic visation regarding a JW elder who actually had a mental health issue. She could not see a psychotherapist as "Jehova's people do not need therapy". Now that is ignorance!

edit on 23-11-2010 by tiger5 because: New para

edit on 23-11-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
The guy who was posting about Out of Body Experiences and Astral projection is completely right guys. You are all freaking out over this, when in reality, you are so close to having one of the most magnificent, amazing experiences you could ever hope to have as a human being. The kind of experience that transforms an atheist like me into believing in eternal life and the existence of souls.

Before I knew what it was, my sleep paralysis would manifest with breathing troubles when i was asleep - i would be dreaming, then i would dream i was choking, then i would partially wake up and not be able to move. Then I learned to concentrate taking slow, deep breaths, and i would break out of the paralysis, something you may want to try.
very true. I've had one out of body experience and it was scary at first. But it's definitely worth the experience

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceboy

Eh.. I have sleep paralysis regularly, it doesn't completely terrify me anymore as I know how to end it and etc, but I've only had an Out of Body one time and it wasn't really related. It was weird, I think it was just a different and rare type of dream. Inexplicable, but sure enough as much as I put into logic, I am one of those people that have had one. Happened when I was ten or so.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My SP scared me a lot when it first started happening at age 9, then I started having a lot of fun with it... I have astral projected, wound up in extremely lucid dream states, flown, ran like an animal... things like that but lately... the fear is back. I really don't know if I can conquer it right now with things that are going on. I have a few little issues with trust on a spiritual level concerning certain things... and with sleep apnea, it wouldn't surprise me if I died that way...it does happen, but it is not likely to happen to a person who is not very old or sick so I'm not trying to scare people, but right now I'm afraid to have an obe. I have my reasons, hard to explain. Anyway.
Right now, aside from pleasant dreams, I want to experience interesting and spiritual things while awake and perhaps delve back into the astral projection stuff at a later time.

I have felt some pretty terrifying jolts of energy in my chest, once lately, once during a sighting...of what I assume was a hologram. Sleep apnea, which I believe sometimes happen simultaneously with my SP, can take a serious toll on the heart.

I need to understand a few things better before I can throw caution to the wind and start trying to jump out of my body. I think I should get a better feel of where certain energies have come from and why they manifested the way they did.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I used to be a "victim" of SP for a couple years. I even saw these tall shadowy figures standing at some place in the room and staring at me. Sometimes they were even right next to my face. So yes, I do know how it feels like, that feeling of impending doom and the infusion of fear.

Curiously enough, I used the name of "Jesus" as well, and for some reason, they'd leave almost immediately and I would be able to "wake up".

How did I get over it? Well, first of all, I guess I got used to it (to these dark hooded figures paying me frequent visits at night). Then I started to ridicule them (as I tried to suppress my fears), and instead of trying to escape, I tried to confront them. I'd tell them (mentally) things such as, "I know the name you fear, should I say it? Jesus Christ!", or, this one's funnier, "In the name of Jesus Chrisy, I cast you out!" in reference to the film The Exorcist. Later on as I grew more confident, before I went to sleep, I would say, "so, will you come to rape me tonight? I will be waiting". And then when/if they came, I'd just say, "you have no power over me."

I kept using these methods until they never came back.

Bottom line: Confront your fears.

PS: I don't know if it also happens to you, but weren't you also covered by a strange black-purple mist/fog/cloud that slowly climbed up from your feet all the way to your neck?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I havent gotten it since i changed my diet and i had it going on about 4 years before it stoped when i started eating healthy and getting rid off all junk and processed food.surprisingly i think it's somthing in the current food we all eat or be somthing unexplained to as i experenced some odd thing while it happend or when i stopped it before it happend. Could be parasites that could trigger it,as read they can get to your brain with unhealthy diet.gross i know.

I noticed my SP fading into dreams and just stoping after the the diet change.I never got the feeling of evil like you did,Though first thought when i noticed it happening before i researched it was thinking and feeling very annoyed and think "Not this again" which suprised me because i never recallled being aware of it till that time.

Also my sleep paralyse where always when i was awake,Mostly if i lied down i get it right away,With the feeling of extreame annoyence.

Also could be somthing else. I still remember that day.It had started as a cold in the morning and got worse at the end of day. I couldnt breath threw both my nose and ears where pluged while my head was pounding.
My eyes felt pressure and my whole body went numb and swollen,As did my throat get swollen and had to take big gulps or air every sec,with pressure in my back with pain. I couldnt even sit up or stand,was horrible.gave up and went to lie down.As soon as i did SP happend right away.I remember the time was around 7:12 and it ended at 9:24 and threw the start to finish I felt there was someone there.near the end i was complaining and wanted out and i was hearing someone in breathing mask like you hear those people with life support..at end when I was able to get free.I bolted to the door and stoped and look back and thought i should be thanking someone and feeling silly and crazy and frusterated at the same time for thinking that..And to my suprised that nasty whatever cold was Gone i was breathing normal like was healthy and felt alot better.I didnt go back to my room till hours later,as i felt uneasy.

edit on 24-11-2010 by LookingforInfo because: spell check

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I've suffered from SP for most of my life. I tried not sleeping on my back -- which I prefer -- and that did cause less snoring, but not less SP that I can tell. I haven't been able to find a correlation between episodes of it and ........ anything!

It used to terrify me. It's happened so often that I've experimented with going with the nightmare/daymare and seeing what becomes of it, and that has given me some small measure of comfort. It doesn't seem quite so terrifying lately.

Why does it always manifest itself as something frightening? That's a question I've pondered a lot. I wonder if the brain seeks to EITHER relinquish control completely (in order to not injure the body/oneself while sleeping) OR be fully in control and awake, and the void in between perhaps is felt as very threatening -- unfamiliar, disjointed, dangerous. I wonder also if there might be a psysiological mechanism within sleep paralysis that really IS dangerous to the body in some manner, and thus it's a defensive mechanism to affix a template of terror over the event to cause the body to waken.

I don't know. I know that episodes of SP didn't start until after I read Robert Monroe's book on OOBEs and used his techniques to achieve the same. I suppose I might be a creature that isn't sufficiently evolved to play with these particular matches, and thus have been unable to move beyond the elementary state of exploration and fright. That's my theory anyway. I've been able to successfully have OOBEs without any problem, but I can't help associating the two somehow.

I can tell when I'm going to have SP often, by the feeling of electric rushing and the zzzzzzzzOWWWmmm sound before sleep. If I don't feel like going through it, I just get up and read for a bit, and sometimes that truncates the experience. You might try staying in the SP state rather than struggling to waken. It helped me to be less afraid. I don't want to be afraid, I want to experience it, figure it out. There is something very visceral about SP that hits some of us on a very instinctive level.

Be safe.
edit on 24/11/10 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookingforInfo
I havent gotten RID OF it since i changed my diet and i had it going on about 4 years before it stoped when i started eating healthy and getting rid off all junk and processed food.
edit on 24-11-2010 by LookingforInfo because: spell check

noticed the gotten Rid Of wasent added but could sworn i typed it in
edit on 25-11-2010 by LookingforInfo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join