It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tagging & Tracking - Through Your new Card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Some may remeber my previous ID cards thread.....

It seems that the government is testing a new way to trace our movements; this time trialling it through several London councils.
Their new plan : The Smart Card.
The Smart Card combines an Oyster travel card, a library card,and a leisure services card in one, along with a photo and name.
To me this sounds like ID cards lite. And at the moment, its all voluntary. I certainly will be sticking with my standard library card. Now the places we go to and the books we read can all be traced on one elctronic system. And having the photo and name will make it like carrying an ID card anyway. Big Brother is coming, and if we accept stuff like this and ID cards, hes coming sooner than you think. The potential for having your identity stolen is immense too. At least theres no biometrics on it.

www.croydon.gov.uk... and also in 'Croydon Reports' magazine.

spellng edit

[edit on 30-6-2004 by minimi]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
And when the test runs ok there, it will come to the US-"Papers Please!"

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Your bank debit card, credit cards and super market loyalty cards and any other card with the magnetic strip have been collecting info on you for the last few years.The reason for i.d cards is that it makes it easier and alot of people have learn`t that when they go to a farm suppliers store to buy fertilliser the persom paying with a card is immediatly identified thus they use cash.With the id card this would be stopped because you would have to produce your id card to make the purchase and because of the security measures it is not possible to fake.Thus making the world safer but more paranoid that big bro wants to imprison everybody who is innocent.

new topics

join