It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America murals - my interpretation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I think its a fairly good interpretation. For some reason i have a natural talent in interpreting these sorta things. Tell me what you think.

Basically, you got a reddish brownish background, symbolizing a atmosphere of war, violence and chaos. This is initself a projection of the eclipse. An eclispe always symbolizes destruction in mystical thought. This eclipse has rays connected to a cube - implying the physical world, with a women hung in mid air, in a contorted position, appearing to be 'wailing'. This women symbolizes humanity, and her position suggests her spiritual state. Shes in pain, suffering and in 'limbo' because the light of the sun has been darkned by the moon. Eclipse is mentioned in many different traditions as being an evil harbinger, so trust me on that.

Than you have a staircase to the left of the women. The staircase symbolizes a progression. Its inverted and in all sorts of confused shapes. This implies an upward order, in a disordered manner. Perhaps a symbol of the elitist ethos of 'ordo ad chao'.

than, to the right, far backdrop, you have a pyramid. The backdrop suggest a basis or 'ancient' idea. The Pyramid symbolizes here the elitist desire, since ancient times (circa sumer,babylon, egypt) of unifying the world under one heirarchy, symbolized by the pyramid. In front of the Pyramid is a tree, which appears on closer inspection to be a 'fig tree', which is identified as the tree of life. The Right side of it is burning, symbolizing, the 'right' vector of the tree, which is love, kindness. This side will be 'burning' during this time, but in a very negative manner. It will be 'enflamed' with negative emotions, that is.

Infront of the the tree is a man relaxing pointing forwards, towards the 'future'. He knows and thus calmly awaits whats coming. Hes along the path between the checkered floor, the tree and the pyramid, implying his being initiated, and aware of the 'deeper truths'

The checkered floor in the foreground signifies duality, and this world. This is why the character standing on the floor is a child, who, being dressed in a trench coat with half his face, his left side, screen by a red hue indicates that hes a symbol for the 'youth' of america. His outfit implies he will be employed as a soldier, possibly at home. His left side, signifying his egoic consciousness, will be red, that is, filled with a totalitarian and fascist perspective. He will be the goon of the elite.

Meanwhile, to the bottom left of the picture you have 4 men. Each signifying a different aspect of the elite. They are all pictured as policticians. The one point with his fingers out at the kid symbolizes the elitist bellicose persona that wills to use americas youth as fodder and pions in enslaving its people. He also appears very 'noble' and aristocratic. Another politician aswell points at the kid but in a critical manner. He looks at the other politician in a judgemental way. This implies two different attitudes. One pro, the other con. The former 'good cop' the latter 'bad cop'. This could mean a contrived dialect where half the lobby plays the pro war crew, while the other half acts the 'critical eye'. However, both are working towards the same goal. Theyre simply acting out archetypal roles.

The final two men on the outside symbolize two different Feelings. The black man on the top is in complete view. This signifies the evil and nefarious nature of what americas elite are doing (black men/negros are often used in mythology as symbolizing the 'evil personality' or inclination) against its people. He taking off his glasses symbolizes his lack of vision. If his glasses were on, he'd see 'farther' down the road. The expression on his face is a smirk, symbolizing an enjoyment or pleasure with whats going on. This is the 'shadow' or evil side which revels and smirks in mayham. To the bottom corner of the screen theres another man, symbolizing the 'ultimate intention' this is the 'good' which justifies the evil of the black man. He has glasses on, and looks forward with his hand on his chin in a philosophical pose. He implies the philosopher, mystic "the good will" behind the evil black man, who sees with wisdom the ultimate end of his actions. Hes hardly in the picture and so 'hardly' visible in the face of the trauma of the present suffering.

I do not support this mentality, or the evil of this art, but i think i did a decent job explaining it.
edit on 19-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There's an ongoing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2010-11-19 by pikypiky because: To add link for duplicate thread currently being discussed...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
There's an ongoing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2010-11-19 by pikypiky because: To add link for duplicate thread currently being discussed...

Oh..

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
nobody has anything to say?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I like your interpretations, make sense to me

edit on 11/19/2010 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
I like your interpretations, make sense to me

edit on 11/19/2010 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

Thankyou.

It makes sense to me to..

These sorta paintings are always done in the same manner as ancient murals, or famous works of art, statues or even architecture. Its always a "living symbol", in that it expreses an archetypal reality that underlies all worldly phenomena.

This particular one is pretty much straight forward. the foreground symbolizes more physical and 'ostensible' appearances, whereas the background is the basis, or esoteric aspects which underlie the forground. Thats why all the really mystical motifs, a pyramid and a burning tree, are in the background. Whereas the straight forward symbols, of a kid, obviousluy an allusion to some indoctrination of 'the youth' into the military, with a red hue over his eye symbolizes a communist/fascist type mentality (red is the universal communist color. simply look at the flags of china, soviet union etc). And than you have public figures to the bottom, left, who are also to the foreground. But we get a few different perspectives of the complexity of their purpose. Theyre both the warmonger, and the peace activist, the evil genius (black man) and the pensive philosopher.

It really is an interesting piece of art, despite how evil it is.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I was mainly thinking that they were just a bunch of crappy "post-modern" wanna-be intellectual tripe spread around so that people would be inspired to have deep philosophical and intellectual conversations and soul-searching reflections about them.

new topics

top topics

join