It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport Staff Exposed Woman's Breasts, Laughed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Airport Staff Exposed Woman's Breasts, Laughed

TheAustralian

A WOMAN is suing over an incident where airport staff allegedly pulled down her top and joked about her breasts in public view.
The 23-year-old traveller, from Amarillo, US, is suing the US Government for the emotional distressed she says the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents caused.
The woman says she was singled out for "extended search procedures" while preparing to board a plane to Amarillo in May 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-11-2010 by Alxandro because: hmmmm, link format looks ok

edit on 18-11-2010 by Alxandro because: bad link formatting - removed www and dots

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

“As the TSA agent was frisking plaintiff, the agent pulled the plaintiff’s blouse completely down, exposing plaintiffs’ breasts to everyone in the area,” the lawsuit said.

This is getting hairy.

Of course we can all decide not to fly and the airline industry will be quick to apply pressure on TSA to ditch the cavity search routine.

So far the only people benefiting from this are lawyers.

I sure hope those TSA agents are good tippers.

theaustralian
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-11-2010 by Alxandro because: What's with the extra space after bracket slash u?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

is this the link to the story, for the one you posted doesn't work:
www.theaustralian.com.au...

I don't fly but this would make it 100%, I don't know why the public cannot simply write and phone in in large enough numbers to force them to listen, and launch a civil suit against them themselves.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm amazed this is from the Australian.... because I find it very hard to believe. At least in the way it was told in the article.

Either we're not getting all the details, or someone is taking liberty with them.

This sort of behaviour would warrant dismissal and possibly criminal charges.

I'm left confused about why it's allegedly factual.

There is no mention of where, when, and the who has been kept withheld.

And it's from 2008.

Something doesn't add up.......

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

It was probably this guy.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If this is true, this is very sad.

I am sure some or the other relative of some or the other TSA guys has to go through this screening before flying, too. Isn't there any objection to this from inside the TSA?

Also...are these TSA guys screened/patted down in the same way when they come for duty?

I personally have no objection to the "extra security procedures" but I feel sad knowing that this can go too far, especially when they subject women, elderly and children to such a thing... :/

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Good lord, he looks like a guy I used to work with... he could grope a woman in the next office with his eyes and everyone felt dirty :/

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You should write a book before it's too late.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
im not suprised. if this is acepted it wont be long before tsa want a piece of buses subs traines. then random searchs in public places parks or capus's. what is to stop them? nothing at all we need to organize before our right to asemble is tampled upon. you know in the name of keeping us safe of course! wtf is hapaning to my country! dawing my line in the sand....

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by badw0lf

You should write a book before it's too late.

It was too late a long time ago for me, Alxandro...

all thats left here are whisps of straw blowing in a hot desert breeze and the occasional craw of a crow...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
I'm left confused about why it's allegedly factual.

So this woman has to provide proof that this incident occurred or it did not happen, but the TSA does not have to provide proof that their violations of our Fourth Amendment rights are legally warranted? The burden of proof is always on the accuser so long as the accuser is not the government... is that what you're basically saying here?

The burden of proof is a two way street. If they cannot provide a justified and reasonable probable cause to search a person or their belongings, then their invasive security tactics must cease immediately. I know being narrow minded about this whole "anti-terrorism" thing by settling with the easiest solution without concern for civil liberties is the most convenient way of going about this, but you know what? Too bad. The Fourth Amendment, until the Constitution is officially and publicly abolished by this government, is still the ONLY law that is relevant in search and seizure situations.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
havent you guys learned, we have no rights. theyve been getting signed away in executive orders since clinton.
edit on 19-11-2010 by WJjeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What was wrong with her breasts, that made them laugh?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
There's a slightly longer article from the local Amarillo news here that would seem to confirm the story

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
These 'pat downs' are meant to be intrusive.
So that the scans become a more acceptable alternative.
They know the public have a short attention span.
And the furore will soon die down.
Its not about safety really, its about money.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
[tirade]
If the situation were so that every time you went shopping, you had to be "thoroughly examined" to make sure you weren't shoplifting, would you shop? You would probably opt for online shopping, wouldn't you? Or you would make other arrangements, but you wouldn't go willingly to the slaughter, so to speak.

Airlines are an abomination on every level. It's captive audience retail manipulation with bad food (which most people consume with gusto, for some reason), chairs that are uncomfortable at best and cause disease at worst. The stench in most planes is nauseating. I don't know about you guys but I don't like being packed like a sardine for hours on end while the person next to me expels gases from their assorted orifices and have a finger shoved in another at any given time. Or then they neurotically shield their airline in-flight magazine from your gaze...because you need to read their copy, right? There are the queues for the toilets to contend with. The planes dump fuel in the event of emergencies, if they have to land shortly after take-off. That's pretty foul. And how much does that fuel make up of the ticket price? There are taxes galore. Airlines should go the way of the dodo.

Then there's the airports. Airports are hugely noisy, take up vast amounts of space, and have disgusting air quality owing to all the exhaust fumes (taxis, buses, etc., not to mention the airplanes themselves). you get the added bonus of being manhandled, poked, prodded, and occasionally violated because....you might be a terrorist. Your luggage is opened, searched through, stuff taken out and examined for all the world to see while they question you endlessly about why you were there and why you are here now and who are you going to see and where will you stay. All ears around you are listening.

It's none of their damned business! None of it is their business! You pay for the airlines to get you from A to B. The airports are like bus stops, nothing more. It is not for them to judge whether I should be allowed into the country or not. That's for the embassy issuing the visa, and if you don't need a visa then it's nobody's business. Certainly not for the guy looking through my luggage. If they find something through x-raying luggage that looks suspicious, then sure, open it up and make sure, but don't make me travel without toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, nail cutters or tweezers. I'm a human being and I still need to maintain this body *even when I'm not at home!*
[/tirade]

Stay at home. Give these people no funds to continue with. Kill the industry. Make them do better. Get them out of our lives.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What happens if the next person this happens to gets charged with indecent exposure?

Don't be surprised.

What you gon' do with all that junk? All that junk inside your trunk?
My junk, my junk, my junk my junk my junk

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Is that Bill Clinton!? I saw one in the other TSA thread and I swear the guy looked like Kenny Rogers.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
wow i can say that if i saw those guys n person i would punch them repeatedly in the face that makes me so po,ed

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Look how they dig up an issue from 2008 and write an article in 2010 so people can erroneously correlate the old issue with current events.

Funny stuff.
edit on 19-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join