It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you suspect your stars and flags being logged?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Why does it matter in the first place,.
I personally dont care what the government or any other agency knows about me.
In fact I already have givin my personality data to someone tha could hand it to any top official.
so, no worries here.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I love the S@F system, so often I am not in the mood or the space to make comments but want to either support the OP or a members posts, that is what makes this discussion board stand out to me.

But doing that can leave a thread with an inaccurate feeling.

you cant downstar a post for the same reasons.

So many times a thread gets stars and flags to end up being a joke, and they still remain.

there should be, imo, a system to say I DISAGREE also... youtube has it, and a star system is a half way manner of that.

if you agree, star and flag. no comment on why.
if you disagree, you need to comment but then people see the 100000 flags and 10000000000 stars and wonder why youre a killjoy.

It's rather skewed.

Both can be abused, are abused (how many members say they star every post in certain threads just for fun - many) but it only goes one way..

Edit, a red star, blue star combination... blue stars as they are for the YAY folk, and a red star under it for the NAY folk. that way neither is negated, and the point is made. More blue than red, your post was considered good.... more red, then .. well thats me..

edit on 19/11/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I would hope so, that was what it seemed to be for me but wanted feed back just the same. I am sure most people here would be of no consequence and yet there are probably others here of interest to outside sources. Any info they could gather against that person would help them.

as others have pointed out though because you S@F a thread does not mean you always agree but may find the presentation or energy behind the Op or posts worthy of acknowledgment.
edit on 19-11-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
To me, a flag means the post is important enough for me to reccomend others read it.
A star is a more personal mark reserved for the posts whose content and orignality of thought are well presented.
I may star a post i totally disagree with, but i feel is well constructed, and plausible.
A star is a personal message to the poster.....a flag is a message to the others who are browsing.
Here i have to add that i think the Gov Boys do monitor the site, and keep loose track of the posts....
It definately helps o know what he rank and file think about things that happen, or are about to happen......
S+F fer you bud.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I agree with Sterling

On a positive note the success of ATS means we get read
by however many people it takes to make the site above 1700....

I like to compliment a good effort or an inspired or usefull post.
I also like to feel someone got some benefit from something I wrote,
that makes my day.
Thats why I like to star and be starred.

Maybe some of the g- men will get the message
and kick in from their bunkers on the right side
because of what they read here.

I wonder...
maybe they are analizing our use of Emoticons

edit on 19-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by Danbones because: after all that writing abou being read i had to make so as it could be.....*sigh* hehheh

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
well fake star and flag for you
i was thinking this yesterday... you reading my thoughts?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Every single thing you do on the internet is logged. That's why it's so popular with businesses/government.

The TV/Radio technology of the past provided no direct feedback to the businesses (which financed the content), and the only way they could estimate what people were doing were threw random polls and the resulting consumer behavior in relation to their advertisements.

NOW, with the internet, not only do they know exactly how you behave with their advertising, but they also know what you are talking about in your emails, what news stories mean to you, etc.

And this is all now. The future will be....much more intrusive.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
God I hope not.

I star & flag for no reason and with reckless abandon.

It'll be off to the FEMA camp for me!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
God I hope not.

I star & flag for no reason and with reckless abandon.

It'll be off to the FEMA camp for me!!!!

I starred you... I guess I'll be coming along, too...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
For whatever reason, knowing that what we flag and star is kept in a database is creeping me out.

SO!!! Springer!!!

Request to discontinue this practice.

Okay?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Who cares if your stars and flags are being scrutinized, I know I don't care if mine are scrutinized.

I hand out stars left and right to all kinds of people that I know and don't know if I like their reply to someones thread. Many times I'm quite amused at how funny and intellectual the replies are, and I definitely flag those.

ATS is a fun site.

There are a lot of crazies on here, but there are a whole lot more people that are fun and interesting to associate with here on ATS than any place else on the internet. There are a lot of good people here on ATS.

So star and flag all of the people that make the kind of comments that make you laugh or suprise you with their intellect, or whatever....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well then...Lets find out
S&F

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join