It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The £2.2billion superlab where scientists are creating a star on Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The £2.2billion superlab where scientists are creating a star on Earth

www.dailymail.co.uk

It may look like any average building but behind closed doors could lie the answer to safe renewable energy of the future.

Here at the National Ignition Facility in Livermore California, scientists are aiming to build the world's first sustainable fusion reactor by 'creating a miniature star on Earth'.
Following a series of key experiments over the last few weeks, the £2.2 billion project has inched a little closer to its goal of igniting a workable fusion reaction by 2012.

Read more
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well I stumbled upon this interesting article via unexplained-mysteries.com.

I couldn't find any related articles on this project. So I thought I'd post it here. Apparently they're building a sort of mini-star on Earth in California - a fussion reactor, which would be able to supply millions with power.

From the article "The resulting release of energy was of a magnitude of 1.3 million mega joules, which was a world record and the peak radiation temperature measure at the core was approximately six million degrees Fahrenheit.
For a direct comparison, the temperature at the centre of the sun is 27 million degrees Fahrenheit."

It almost seems like something out of a science fiction novel, facinating yet a little alarming, I mean containing so much energy in one place?

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-11-2010 by SpiritualAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wow.....

Sounds very amazing, but totally unnecessary In my honest opinon.

There are other ways to achieve the power output with a lot less danger.

But, what do I know, last thing I heard was that stars can cause some damage when they end....

And at 2012 no less haha

Interesting, I will be watching this....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Wow.....

But, what do I know, last thing I heard was that stars can cause some damage when they end....

And at 2012 no less haha

No, this is a world record so it hasnt been matched.And unlike a star in space, i dont believe there is danger of it going super nova. Just think of it as super power plant. i myself think it could be just what this world needs at this point considering we are in an energy crisis.

The funny part is how many people will attribute this to the end in 2012. I cant wait to see all the threads on it

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

It has been matched by Nickola Tesla.

And almost a hundred years earlier....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

3,6,9 much?

On the other hand I thought the problem with fusion is they would have to have a reactor that is literally the size of the moon......

Doh! The moon is the reactor!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

In theory or a working model? Are you talking about his death ray?

Because i always thought that all his work was stolen by the us government. And we havent seen any of it in a working model have we? Surly you dont think a tesla coil produces this kind of energy.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969

In theory or a working model? Are you talking about his death ray?

Because i always thought that all his work was stolen by the us government. And we havent seen any of it in a working model have we? Surly you dont think a tesla coil produces this kind of energy.

Tesla did use those coils but he did a lot of stuff and most of his tech. isn't known about.

With a lot of digging a lot of his work can be found.

His death ray I don't know about, I do know there is something called a Rail gun that is pretty devastating. Look that up and have fun with that.

I know about his tech he did make. He made a successful wireless transmittance of energy in 1986 and the power lines Edison power uses were Nick's Idea.

Tesla Coil's are just a piece of the circuit in the power blueprint. There are missing pieces to it, because the US Corporate gov. did take all of his work in the end....basically JP Morgan....whom is connected to the founder of the federal reserve.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Quickfix because: edited to add the following

Tesla created Radiant energy, it basically harvests energy off of particles in the air. But Free energy makes no money.....and if it can be recreated and it is limitless, then any drain on the distance of wireless transmittance, can just be replenished, its limitless after all.

There are also magnets which I think are the future. There is already a magnet powered scooter, google it.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That's pretty awesome. I hope to see the next big leap in energy during my life

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Wow.....

And at 2012 no less haha

Uhh... Supernova's are the end of MASSIVE STARS lifecycles...not fusion reactors.

Nuclear fusion is an extremely powerful source of energy that is much safer than the current nuclear fission we do, so can you tell me what easy ways you have of matching this kind of power "with a lot less danger"

Please don't tell me a perpetual motion machine.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuffed

Read my previous post about Tesla.

And I am sure with enough research people could build one of those machines or likely has already in there garage...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Stuffed

Read my previous post about Tesla.

And I am sure with enough research people could build one of those machines or likely has already in there garage...

I agree with you. Tesla was either completely off his rocker or he did harness a power of the universe. It i weird that after his death the government drove his rep into the ground and said it was junk science but they had no problem taking every bit of his research out of his place in New York. (Pretty sure it was NY, would have to check again)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I hate to be a party pooper, but I wish they would create peace and love on earth instead.

second.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Here you go.

An article from a couple of months ago where they first talked about this project.

Can world's largest laser zap Earth's energy woes?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Is that image the actual device? What is it? I want to use it as my avatar.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I dont belive this.
I read some thing just like this
about 15 years ago!!!
it is just bull to get money and build empty hope.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Well apparently the spend the money with the hope of achieving fusion. If it works it would be a major breakthrough.

I prefer the millions to to a project like this then the billions that are invested in for example the LHC at CERN.
At least this project has a set of boundaries. At the LHC they are only looking what happens if...

Edit to say that you read it because they were already theorizing on fusion a century ago. Science has changed a lot since 15 years ago... Maybe they will succeed with our current tech...

THey like to think so. I'm hoping they will
edit on 11/19/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So awesome! Thanks for posting this. Flagged and starred

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Dont you think its weird that they are trying to create fusion generators, but it looks like they know what theyre doin.. Did the deathstar crash here or somethin?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I totally agree. Part of the reason why the free energy technology hasn't and won't be released at least not voluntarily is due to two major motives: the altruistic motive and the egoistic motive.

The (short-sighted) "altruistic" motive: millions of jobs would be lost all over the world if free energy technology was released, because free energy which of course doesn’t require any consumption, would only take a little bit of maintenance, which would mean that millions of people would be out of a job. This could potentially send the economies into chaos. I mean think about it our current economic system is vis a vis attuned to the price of oil and if oil loses its value well what then?

Then there's the dominant egoistic motive: power and money. The current state of affairs has the world in an iron grip - a whole planet enslaved by the energy sector - oil. If that were to cease then all the big oil companies and power companies would be obsolete and the powers that be would be going bankrupt and lose their power grip. You see the secret behind the powers that be or the shadow government is that they control both means: the currency and the source that runs the currency. In short they both have the car (oil) and the fuel to keep it going (currency), no pun intended: no need for oil, no way to regulate currency.

I think the solution is to shift money back to follow the value of gold and then free energy can be released: the economies around the world would remain relatively stable during the transition i.e. until a solution for the job problem has been solved.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join