It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethics committee recommends censure for Rangel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
By LARRY MARGASAK, Associated Press Larry Margasak, Associated Press – 1 hr 13 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The House ethics committee on Thursday recommended censure for longtime Rep. Charles Rangel, suggesting that the New York Democrat suffer the embarrassment of standing before his colleagues while receiving an oral rebuke by the speaker for financial and fundraising misconduct.

Censure is the most serious congressional discipline short of expulsion. The House, which could change the recommended discipline by making it more serious or less serious, probably will consider the recommendation after Thanksgiving.

Censure? Rangel is gonna just stand there in The House and get rebuked by Pelosi. He should have been expelled from Congress but no one has the courage to go that route.So,Charlie is gonna go home to his district looking like a hero and I am sure he's gonna be demanding that he gets reinstated to the Ways and Means committee.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I am amazed that he was re elected. And I am completely astounded that he will not get anything more than just a slap on the wrist. This guy should have been shoved out of the door. It would have been better if he had just stepped down instead of going through this in the first place. But what this shows is that the members of the House are up to the same things and so they would be hypocrites if they did anything more to Rangel, he probably has a huge amount of dirt on a lot of these people.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
All of these representatives at this level should be held to a higher standard or at least to the standard that you or I would be held accountable. If we pulled his antics for as long as he as we would have served some jail time in a white collar lock up and would have been fined heavily.

This recommendation is quite pathetic. We'll see how the house votes on this. Rangel is a case study for what is wrong with our political system.

He had the nerve to say during his statement that the committee spent to much time focusing on what he did wrong instead of focusing on what he DIDN'T DO. Really?? I guess he didn't kill anyone or rob a bank technically.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's really sad that the politcal mindset of America is such that if you say anything negative about a black person,even thought they're guilty of some crime or whatever, you'll be labeled a racist and all focus will be on you and not the perp.

The real sad part about this entire fiasco is that he's unapologetic. He may say he's sorry verbally but he needs the do the decent thing and step down from his position if he's truly apologetic.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I am amazed that he was re elected. And I am completely astounded that he will not get anything more than just a slap on the wrist. This guy should have been shoved out of the door. It would have been better if he had just stepped down instead of going through this in the first place. But what this shows is that the members of the House are up to the same things and so they would be hypocrites if they did anything more to Rangel, he probably has a huge amount of dirt on a lot of these people.
You got that right whatuknow Rangel probably let them know he has more then enough dirt to take down many congress people Although,I'M sure after everything is said and done he's gonna be bitching about how Obama left him at the mercy of the ethics committee..

top topics

join