It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowboys & Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

lockbuster filmmaker Jon Favreau directs Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford in an event film for summer 2011 that crosses the classic Western with the alien-invasion movie in a blazingly original way: Cowboys & Aliens. Joined by an arsenal of top moviemakers—Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci—he brings an all-new action thriller that will take audiences into the Old West, where a lone cowboy leads an uprising against a terror from beyond our world.

1873. Arizona Territory. A stranger (Craig) with no memory of his past stumbles into the hard desert town of Absolution. The only hint to his history is a mysterious shackle that encircles one wrist. What he discovers is that the people of Absolution don’t welcome strangers, and nobody makes a move on its streets unless ordered to do so by the iron-fisted Colonel Dolarhyde (Ford). It’s a town that lives in fear.

But Absolution is about to experience fear it can scarcely comprehend as the desolate city is attacked by marauders from the sky. Screaming down with breathtaking velocity and blinding lights to abduct the helpless one by one, these monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known.

Now, the stranger they rejected is their only hope for salvation. As this gunslinger slowly starts to remember who he is and where he’s been, he realizes he holds a secret that could give the town a fighting chance against the alien force. With the help of the elusive traveler Ella (Olivia Wilde), he pulls together a posse comprised of former opponents—townsfolk, Dolarhyde and his boys, outlaws and Apache warriors—all in danger of annihilation. United against a common enemy, they will prepare for an epic showdown for survival. Hide Trailer Details

Source

More information about the cast:

This looks good! I can't wait to see it.

edit on 18-11-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2010 by SunshineLaws because: found the trailer in HD

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
hehe nice idea...

cant wait to see this...thx for sharing

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Can't wait till this one comes out. An original idea out of Hollywood. Will wonders never cease?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's not really a "Hollywood" idea. The movie is based on the graphic novel by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Im not a fan of favreu or daniel craig, but I wouldnt midn seeing this but for me it would be something id wait till it hits DVD. Seems like the filler block busters that are coming out in bulk these days.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Really q_ball? I rarely go to a theater to watch a movie. I agree that this is going to be a blockbuster, but I don't get why you say it's a "filler?" It really has a lot of big-names backing the film, as well as a heavy hitting cast. It is very rare that I get excited about a film. The only bad thing I can see, is that it is not scheduled for release until July 29, 2011. What a bummer.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

I find most ensemble movies are not very good, and as of late movies have just been lacking some thing, they all just seem so sterile. Who knows maybe its just me

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Torrent link anyone?

It looks cool though.
I'll check out the ratings on rotten tomatoes.

They should of thrown in some cyborgs, ninjas and/or pirates and the movie would of been epic.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Cowboys and aliens?!!

Man...if they threw in some zombies, it would be the trifecta of awesomeness

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Cowboys and aliens?!!

Man...if they threw in some zombies, it would be the trifecta of awesomeness

OMG it would!! And maybe some vamps, but not the Twilight kind.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Nice...
What is more cooler than Cowboys and Aliens killing each other?

top topics

join