It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I always do this when I dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
One of the strangest dreaming abilities I have is that I can easily dream to a certain area from a picture of video I have seen. I can see everything perfect fully. Earlier today I saw a youtube video. Then when I took a nap I dreamed I was in the house and talking to th person. What does that mean? Do I have some unforeseen power?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't know about unforeseen powers but when you dream your unconscious mind can do amazing things. l for some reason used to have deja-vu type dreams when I was younger. They seemed to be snapshots of future event yet to come.

I wish I had your ability for I would go to Ashley Greene's house every night!

edit on 11/18/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I always have Deja Vu. More one time a day and the same for lucid dreaming. I believe God is showing me what I could become! If so I should be a great person!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

If so I should be a great person!

"should be" implies that you are still unsure of this though. I will not comment here on my views of god but the deja-vu thing happened from 10 to 24 somewhere around there. They were uncanny, I would dream in the form of a video sequence but the actual deja-vu event when it happened was never more then a instant of real life, like a snapshot it would come unexpectedly and I would then remember the dream again. Weird, I never could explain this but now it seldom happens anymore.
Try lucid dreaming there are techniques you can learn to actively control yourself in the dream, you basically wake up your conscious mind in an unconscious state.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

In a nutshell your experience is not common (at least not consciously remembered) but fully explainable. The brain records literally everything you think, feel, touch, see, imagine and it can all be brought back either using hypnosis or in just random moments of clarity. For example the flashback in a near death experience. Read up on the role of the subconscious and how its a recording machine, the brain functions basically as a forgetting machine and when you're in a relaxed state the division between consciousnesses is lessened and its easier to remember.

Watching and reading about age regression therapy might fully explain your question. Cause that's what it is, you're experiencing a regression of a recent event, let me guess, its 10 times more powerful than just regular imagination is it not?

But don't take what I say as truth, seek out more but this should give you an avenue to explore,

Peace

PS Milton Erickson would hypnotize people for exams, they would get a letter in the post from their college telling them they passed with flying colours but then would ask Milton how did they pass when they did not take the exam. They were in a type of a trance and consciously could not remember taking the exam. Crazy stuff.

Edit to add deja vu is again just subconscious info leaking out into the consciousness and is natures way of for want of a better analogy, natures way of giving us the gift (or software) of planning what will happen in the future. our brains imagine something, hide it from the conscious because we don't need to know it and when the right circumstances happen a trigger is made and the conscious receives a message, trouble is the system is designed by evolution so its not the best system - ie compare natural childbirth to a C-section, the C-section is a much better system but nature went too far down one path and can't turn it around. Same with the brain, hope it really helps you
edit on 18-11-2010 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join