It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I get to use a Govt. Observatory, anything you all want me to look at?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thread title says it all. on the 27th, I will be going to the Anza Borrego Observatory, and using their 32-inch telescope which is hooked up to a large screen, so I can take pictures of what I find. Another friend who is going with me is a fellow ATS lurker, and has already identified some things we want to check out. so far we have the red spot on Jupiter, Phobos, the moon, several close by stars.

If you have anything you want me to look at and clarify the existence of (spaceships or structures otherwise), post what it is im looking for, the right ascension, and declination in standard form (time, then degrees). I will take a camera with me and try and take photos of all that is posted that is notable, or pretty
There will be one scientist there to make sure I dont crack my skull with the thing, and my friend, no one else, so no censorship for sure

As a side note, we will also be bringing our ametuer smaller telescopes with us to use out in the salt flats near by. does any one know the projected location of the x37-b (or whatever its called) NASA rocket will be?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Can you look at my house? I'll be in the driveway waving!

But, seriously- wow- what a fantastic opportunity- good for you!! I don't have the coordinates, but I'd love to see if you could get some pics of the Cydonia region of Mars (The Face, pyramids,etc)...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That's awesome!

Only thing I can think of is check out Mars as much as you can.
Don't know any coordinates other than "Mars Face" ; )

Str and flg man that's pretty darn cool.

Hhaha ^ beat me to it!
edit on 18-11-2010 by Jazz87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Id have to get a satellite for that lol. But yeah sure, If its on the correct side of our orbital path on the 27th. I have a site I can use to check. it shows the orbital location for all of the planets (pluto included
) based on date. If it is within range, Ill see if i can look at the face region. Btw, Knights of Cydonia is my favorite Muse song lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You need to check out the area that Google Space blacked out in the area of the constellation Orion (???).
I do believe this is where alot of people seem to think Nibiru will be coming from.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yes!!!! Betelgeuse in the constellation Orion. It's been blinking red and green and it's driving me crazy wondering why it appears this way.

Thanks. ATA

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rocknroll

Like I said, find me Right Ascension and Declination, and I'll try and check it out. Ill have to check and see where Orion is in the sky on the 27th, and that the area that is blacked out might be too far for an earth based telescope, as massive as the one im using is.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Could you take a look at this thread and see if you can find what the OP is seeing. Im still stumped as to what it might be.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Sure thing man. There is a possible explanation for why this happens, and it happens to your eyes, not the star. Your looking up, away from the source of major light, and your pupils expand to let in more light, and if there still isnt enough to be able to focus on a dying star 10 million light years away, they may start to strain and twitch. you wont feel it or notice it other than things may appear to pulsate/twinkle. happens to everyone.

Other than that, there is a likely chance that Betelguese is supposed to Supernova within our lifetime (im 19, so from now till 2100 basically...), so it could be the final throws of the star your seeing from 10 mya.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
See if you can find any star ships. /Star trek nerd

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beachguy123

How great is this, tell me how did this all come about, who invited you and who do you know? Looking forward to seeing you post the pictures here that you take, good luck, have fun and hope you see something exciting.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here's one Find the flag and the rover we left on the moon and settle the moon hoax once and for all

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Can you settle the Nibiru/Planet X issue once and for all? I find the whole thing fascinating but would like to know if it's real or not. Thanks for asking!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
In my experience, you really never get to just "take the reins" of a big scope - you need some sort of scientific backing and research proposal. People will wait months, and sometimes years, for this opportunity.

What is you scientific purpose?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
MARS!!

2nd line...sorry had to.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
@Catch_a_fire, Yes, I'll look into that quickly and figure out its location. remember that the planet may not be facing the correct direction, and that the image was taken with a space-based telescope, not land.

@Luke_s, Respect. Live long and prosper

@Aquarius, well, im a college kid, and taking an astro class,and the professor reserved the observatory for us for 900$ so he can look at it and get off that way, and let us use it afterwards. unfortunately, 99% of the class is full of apathetic non-english speaking asians (not saying all asians are that way, just my campus is all....) so none of them want to use it except me and a friend in the class. We couldve gotten the Mt. Wilson Observatory, but the teacher decided a day too late and got stuck with Anza or Mauna Kea, and seeing as how were in Cali, not Hawaii, Anza was the logical choice. And thanks for the well wishes

@drwolf, excellent idea sir!
im not sure if the moon will be visible though. we will be using the telescope at 7pm, on the 27th in southern cali, so ill have to check and see if itll be up.

@rockerchic4god, like I said earlier, find me a right ascension and declination, and ill happily oblige lol. otherwise, I wouldnt know where to look for an INVISIBLE PLANET lol.

@cmndrkeenkid, But we do! we college kids at a major research Uni, not tourists. well not really anyways... the scientist who will be there will most likely be getting off with our teacher too, and let us have free rein of what we want to point it at. he told is in no uncertain terms that we can point it at eachothers anus's for all he cares. as for our real purpose? to look at stars man lol.

If it helps any, I am at University California Irvine (UCI), minoring in astronomy, so thats why im doing this. and im a conspiracy lover too

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm interested in Betelgeuse as well
right ascension 05h 55m 10.3053s
declination +07° 24′ 25.426″

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't know if you can aim it at the sun and look at the sun or not. Would that hurt your eyes, or is there some sort of filter you can use?
The reason I ask is because there is supposed to be something around the sun. It isn't locked in orbit around the sun but it is supposed to be a stationary object that is near the sun. It has been seen in SOHO images, but I think it is just a speck on their equipment or something. But if you see something near the sun that shouldn't be there, let us know.

Also look for any meteors or objects that might hit the Earth.
I don't think they would ever tell us if we only had days to live. But I'd kind of like to know so I wouldn't bother doing useless stuff and I could just enjoy my final hours or days. I mean, why go job hunting or pay bills when we are all going to die anyway?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

locate nibiru plez

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

Perfect notation thank you! will do

@jessieg, Ill try, we have polarized filters I can put up to the lense to make it less harsh, but theres a reason SOHO has a disk around it. It wouldnt capture anything if it didnt have it, so I might have to climb on top of the telecope and put some cardboard the right size there lol. also, itll be 7pm, and with daylight savings time itll be pitch dark buddy, sorry. I wouldve loved to see it, as I know exactly what your talking about too, I saw the thread here earlier on ATS a week ago or whenever.

<<   2 >>

join