It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsweek cover portrays Obama as the Hindu God Shiva

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The cover is on the front page at drudgereport.com... Farrakhan called Obama the Messiah.

This is very esoteric and the uninitiated will call this a conspiracy theory. Has Newsweek ever called any other President a God?

This is steeped in the Progressive movement, Black Liberation Theology and The Nation of Islam.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The depiction of Shiva as Nataraja (Telugu: నటరాజు, Tamil: நடராஜா, Sanskrit: naṭarāja, "Lord of Dance") is popular.[132][133] The names Nartaka ("dancer") and Nityanarta ("eternal dancer") appear in the Shiva Sahasranama.[134] His association with dance and also with music is prominent in the Puranic period.[135] In addition to the specific iconographic form known as Nataraja, various other types of dancing forms (Sanskrit: nṛtyamūrti) are found in all parts of India, with many well-defined varieties in Tamil Nadu in particular.[136] The two most common forms of the dance are the Tandava, which later came to denote the powerful and masculine dance as Kala-Mahakala associated with the destruction of the world. When it requires the world or universe to be destroyed, Lord Śiva does it by the tāṇḍavanṛtya.[137][138] and Lasya, which is graceful and delicate and expresses emotions on a gentle level and is considered the feminine dance attributed to the goddess Parvati.[139][140] Lasya is regarded as the female counterpart of Tandava.[140] The Tandava-Lasya dances are associated with the destruction-creation of the world

So a dancing Shiva in a male form is a sign the world is being destroyed, that's funny. I wonder if newsweek intended it that way.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
This is steeped in the Progressive movement, Black Liberation Theology and The Nation of Islam.

Not to mention an overdose of confusion on your part.

If I call an accomplished musician a "guitar god" or a really sexy person a "sex god/goddess" does that mean I really think they are deities??

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It just caught my eye but I thought it would be interesting to mention the first issue of Newsweek, known as News-week back then, has a picture of Adolf Hitler, the leader who claimed the Aryan race were the only genetically pure race of humans, and the first article starts off with his speech where he declared “the German nation must be built up from the ground anew”. Hitler then goes on to say in the article, "give us four years' time and then pass your judgment."

bztv.typepad.com...

Yes, Shiva the destroyer who is in partnership with Vishnu, the perserver, with Brahma as the Creator. Unusual, yet striking, misshaped human alien forms, just as the ancient Egyptian forms are.

www.sanatansociety.org...

And they have Obama depicted as the destroyer on the front cover of the magazine. At the same time, Newsweek just merged this month with "The Daily Beast."

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join