It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Color Images from Mars Rovers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
Those of you with 3D glasses i like to suggest this 3D film:

Its full HD 1080P in Stereo 3D footage of Mars. Some beautiful shots!

edit on 21-11-2010 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

Wow!!
I downloaded the vid in HD and played it on my 42 inch plasma DP with the 3D glasses on. Simply amazing! Awesome! Thanks for the vid, EO!

edit on 22-11-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
You forgot to mention..
A) that you have said in the past that you believe the sky on Mars is blue. Gonna make me search for that?
I see you already did, but it wasn't necessary, I have said several times that I think the sky on Mars is blue, and the last time I said it was on the page you posted the above quote.

I did not mentioned it because I was not talking about the colour of the sky, I was talking about the photos taken under the LEDs light.

B) you forgot to mention it was cloudy in that Phoenix picture. They also took some 'video'. That is why it looks grey
I don't know if it was cloudy on that day, the "video" you posted was made 80 Sols later.

But one thing we can see on the photo I posted is that it looks like a dust-free area, without those "pools" of dust we see on the rovers' photos. It looks like at that latitude the atmosphere is less dry, and that is consistent with the theory that the evaporated CO2 and water from the south pole "snows" over the north pole and surrounding areas.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
After some adjustments (a slight reduction of the red channel) to make it look more like the soil in the scoop, this is what I got.

Not very different, but enough to get a blue sky instead of a white one.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks Zorgon, Armap, and others who contributed to this thread. I have found it to be quite informative, and worth following up.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Now THAT was an awesome post! Great vid! I have spent a couple of years collecting stereo images of Mars, and I LOVE this vid! Thank you!!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
If we were "talking" in Portuguese none of these confusions would exist, because we do not use those terms, we would talk about "real colours" instead of "true colours" and about "relatively real colours" or "colours close to reality".

Marvelous
REAL colour it is then... "colours close to reality" That after all is what we are after is it not?

Glad we finally reached an understanding. I shall use that term from now on... real colour

And BTW thanks for that last picture... your right the sky does look clear that day after all. Looks a little dark.. but then this is in the polar region...
edit on 22-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Not really, the Moons atmosphere is so extremely tenuous that it might as well be considered a vacuum environment.

Hmmm well NASA disagrees with you. In fact the raging moonstorms seem to keep plenty of dust in the Lunar atmosphere... enough so that we can see moon fountains. Moon fountains is NASA's way of saying sunset/sunrise rays or crepuscular rays...

Kinda spectacular, according to the astronauts... but I wish they had taken some photos instead of sketching them
But ya gotta love it when NASA does help forve a point

Moon Fountains

December 7, 2005: Every lunar morning, when the sun first peeks over the dusty soil of the moon after two weeks of frigid lunar night, a strange storm stirs the surface. The next time you see the moon, trace your finger along the terminator, the dividing line between lunar night and day. That's where the storm is. It's a long and skinny dust storm, stretching all the way from the north pole to the south pole, swirling across the surface, following the terminator as sunrise ceaselessly sweeps around the moon.Never heard of it? Few have. But scientists are increasingly confident that the storm is real.

Moon Storms

*sigh* all those decades of denials and calling people crazy for seeing dust clouds on the moon...

Mars' atmosphere also extends higher from the surface than Earth's (10.8km for Mars, 6km for Earth), so dust particles can be thrown higher where the wind speeds are faster. Combine that with the lower gravity and you could probably have dust suspended in the air for some time.

"probably" as you say but not necessarily

Mars has myriads of dust devils... miraculous ones that do selective cleaning of the Rovers and allowed them to operate as long as they did. If the Martian atmosphere was so constantly filled with dust... those little crawlers would have long ago ceased functioning.

Well here is a crater covered with Dune Buggy tracks...errrr well more likely Dust Devil trails

But it doesn't seem that the devils leave much dust after they pass

Here is one from above... you can see the trail it left... the plume but the rest of the area is clear

Bunch of them here... cool to watch live dust devils on Mars

marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

I guess we'll find out one way or another when Curiosity gets to Mars and takes unfiltered photos with its colour camera.

Can't wait
Hope Obama doesn't cut funding for that one

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Hmmm well NASA disagrees with you. In fact the raging moonstorms seem to keep plenty of dust in the Lunar atmosphere... enough so that we can see moon fountains. Moon fountains is NASA's way of saying sunset/sunrise rays or crepuscular rays...
I didn't see anything on the links you provided that shows any disagreement with a almost non-existent atmosphere.

But without an atmosphere, how could dust hover far above the Moon's surface? Even if temporarily kicked up by, say, a meteorite impact, wouldn't dust particles rapidly settle back onto the ground?

Well, no--at least not according to the "dynamic fountain model" for lunar dust recently proposed by Timothy J. Stubbs, Richard R. Vondrak, and William M. Farrell of the Laboratory for Extraterrestrial Physics at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I didn't see anything on the links you provided that shows any disagreement with a almost non-existent atmosphere.

Well you know NASA will never agree with John Lear about the Lunar atmosphere... so they made up this story to cover their butts

Ah well... it won't matter much anyway... NASA can't go back because Obama wants to blow North Korea off the face of the Earth before his time is up.

:shk:

I think I will go check my bunker to make sure my supplies are in order

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
Nice. Why though do NASA portray mars as a red planet?

Dunno
Same reason NASA colors Venus in a bright 'lava orange'?

The older viking images were correct... so why the change to 'NASA red'

edit on 18-11-2010 by zorgon because: No way am I filling this out

The cover up over Mars is way larger than doctored pics. Check Andrew Basiago and Pegasus Project.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
The cover up over Mars is way larger than doctored pics. Check Andrew Basiago and Pegasus Project.

yeah familiar with him... only thing is I can't get any other sources on what he says. Pity that...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I looked up Andrew Basiago (anyone can) and his claims seem related to the photo mosaic taken on Mars in 2007 (a portion of which, I believe, that was enhanced, zoomed in, showing a naturally-formed piece of rock that slightly resembled a "figure" of some sort...people lapped it up. Threads about it, last year, here on ATS.

Here is the one referenced, in the letter HE wrote, that I read on the InterWebz:

(That is "PIA10214") (BTW, also has the infamous "blue lake" in the image, yet another topic of past discussion...)

Linked from JPL's page here: photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Found the ATS thread, too: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems to me this guy, Mr. Basiago, does a bit of disservice to the serious investigations one would wish to undertake of actual, truly puzzling "anomalies". (Still haven't seen any that are not identifiable, eventually...but, it's a big planet, a lot of areas still left to explore....)

Wish there was a way to get down to the floor of the [i]Valles Marineris on one of these missions. I was thinking, atmospheric pressure will be a bit higher, down there...another (up to) ~7 kilometers of thickness overhead, based on the depth of the canyon.....might be interesting indeed, if looking for signs of life ....and new "colors"....

Of course, depends on the Mars mean surface height reference...called the "areoid", as a datum level similar to what we use on Earth, "sea level". Trying to find info on the surface heights (and canyon depths) in that region, compared to the "areoid" datum reference.....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Basiago is just another of the countless charlatans in this game. I'd hardly call making up fairy tales part of a cover-up. The guy is laughable!

IRM

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Thanks Zorgon, Armap, and others who contributed to this thread. I have found it to be quite informative, and worth following up.

I've got to agree with you Klassified, there is stuff here (and on ATS in general) that you don't come across easily (say in a documentary), its a wealth of information. I'll be following along too.

Dust storms on the moon? I've never even heard of that before....who'd of thunk it!!!! And I consider myself fairly well read - obviously not in space science however!

Thanks to all contributors, I don't know if the debaters find it entertaining, but I certainly do.

Keep it up guys.
::

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Whatever it is, definitely looks interesting.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yeah well I was more interested in THIS

Andy is also one of America’s time travel pioneers. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, he was a child participant in the secret US time-space program, Project Pegasus. He was the first American child to teleport and took part in probes to past and future events utilizing different forms of time travel then being researched and developed by DARPA.

www.projectpegasus.net...

And nothing pops up on that in any of my military sources
I need at least a hint from some other source to even get started
Usually a project name at least appears in the pentagon budget reports

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
As I could understand from everything read by me so far the time travels
and the teleportations are still only spontaneous for us.
realitydiscovered aka winniethepooh4102 already banned from OMF, guess for what

edit on 24-11-2010 by realitydiscovered because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I'd hardly call making up fairy tales part of a cover-up.

Well the 'official' version of 9/11 was a fairy tale
But yeah I agree. But I don't see him in your signature

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

edit on 24-11-2010 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Well here is a crater covered with Dune Buggy tracks...errrr well more likely Dust Devil trails

zorgon, Viceroy Knight. Order of the Red Dragon! Hail to thee! Now why in God's name did you post a black and white image when we're into the glorious colors of Mars in this thread? Take this.....

Now...That looks better! But alas! It's just false color from NASA/JPL after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join