It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Site claiming to expose IDF war criminals is shut down fast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Did anyone manage to see the web site as described in this report

Source

According to the piece the site listed details of 200 IDF soldiers which it claimed are war criminals.

Some people were unhappy about the site and managed to get it shut down fast.

The list ranged from the Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi down to seargents in the army. Apparantly social networking sites such as Facebook were used to gather information about those involved.

Although the first site was trashed the info was up long enough for it to be copied to other servers such as this one.

I can't confirm that the info in the second site is the same as in the first one.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I read it on israel's website, was kinda bummed that it was taken down. Thanks for showing me another site.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Oh god, how absurd.. Any idiot can see that this site just lists all the people it could find on Facebook that served in the IDF during Cast Lead..

Some of them weren't even in the vicinity of Gaza when the operation occurred..

This is the worst kind of propaganda, and to expose their personal detail online.. Disgusting..

Anyone who supports this should be ashamed of themselves.. This is not wikileaks.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think we can agree that Gabi Ashkenazi had something to do with Operation Cast Lead, and maybe also some of the other high rankers.

The others it's difficult to see how anybody would know what they were doing, unless they have been stupid enough to admit it on their facebook page.

But the point surely is that somebody out there is gathering these names and putting them online. If I was one of those regular soldiers I would be very worried about possible retaliation. And other soldiers in the IDF will now be wondering if their name is going to appear on the list.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The only thing I see on that site is a bunch of nothing; no proof of wrong doing at all. I can put pictures on a website and claim anything I want; doesn't make it so.

Furthermore putting people's personal information on there especially in light of no proof of wrong doing is not right.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Personally i would say the whole of IDF are a bunch of war criminals funded and armed by American taxpayers.

So it wouldn't be fair if we just picked on these 200 poor IDF soldiers.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

In the eyes of some people Israel will always be guilty until proven otherwise.. I guess if you don't like a country you shouldn't bother with the truth...

P.S
How does this get 4 stars?!
Will these anti Israelis ever bother to read past the headlines they're fed?

I guess old habits die hard, eh?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Eliad, I've asked you before, please take your childish babbling away from me. I have asked the mods to ban you for previous hate speech and personal attacks but obviously they don't see fit to, their loss.

The list is not the issue here. The issue is there are people out there who are livid about what happened in Operation Cast Lead and since the UN who have requested information about what went on have failed to deliver these people are turning to new ways of getting back and presumably they will find other ways to get revenge. As the piece says this is just the start of their campaign.

Ordinary Jews forced into the IDF will now face reprisals thanks to their Zionist leaders. If their leaders faced up to what they perpetrated and put themselves forward as being responsible this sort of thing wouldnt happen.

You seem to think everyone is out to get Jews ..... you are so wrong. As I have said time after time I think Jews are being used by Zionists to forward their aims. And this sort of thing shows it will be ordinary Jews who pay the price.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If any of the soldiers on the list actually are war criminals it is only because they were following orders.....
OH ooops, silly me, that didn't fly at nuremburg....
How do we know the site isn't like all those other cases of anti semitism that where proven to be caused by Jews? That would explain how they got the info.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I hope the people behind this website are well hidden. If Israel is such a bad guy collectively I would assume the Mossad will be paying those responsible for it a visit. Followed by their sudden disappearances, assorted tortures, and finally a painful death. They did think that part of the process through didn't they? Making themselves an Enemy of the State?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I would guess the Internet host shut down the site before they were involved in a law suit.

Many host companies have TOS that they can use to shut down anyone that endangers there hosting service.

A site exposing IDF war criminals would likely have been a target of hacking and DOS attacks thus the host shut it down.

Whoever had the site may or may not bring it back up with another host if they can find one.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

edit on 19-11-2010 by ANNED because: double post

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

So whenever you can't handle my opinions of disprove them you just report me to the mods?

Look, I don't know why you insist on taking any of this personally, we're just debating and discussing, and if any of my posts have been offensive, believe me that was not my intention, and I apologize.

But I'm not going to quit posting just because you don't like it, this is a subject close to my heart.

Now to the point-
You're right, the list is not the issue here, but your OP does not reflect that very well.

Your opinions on Jews do not make your opinions on Israel less one sided. That's what bothers me.. I don't think anyone is out to get me, and I've never called anyone anti Israeli or anti Semitic..

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by bigyin

So whenever you can't handle my opinions of disprove them you just report me to the mods?

Look, I don't know why you insist on taking any of this personally, we're just debating and discussing, and if any of my posts have been offensive, believe me that was not my intention, and I apologize.

But I'm not going to quit posting just because you don't like it, this is a subject close to my heart.

Now to the point-
You're right, the list is not the issue here, but your OP does not reflect that very well.

Your opinions on Jews do not make your opinions on Israel less one sided. That's what bothers me.. I don't think anyone is out to get me, and I've never called anyone anti Israeli or anti Semitic..

I report posters who break t&c's, including personal attacks.

My OP states that I want to know if the second list is the same as the first list ... could be 2 entirely different information. Still don't know.

I'm not gonna trawl through all the garbage you post to find out what you've called people. Your last post directed at me called me a Fascist. I reported that.

Go ahead and tell us what my opinions on Jews are and what my opinions on Israel are. Then explain how in your words that makes my opinions on Israel one sided. I'm dying to hear this cos I don't know the answer myself.

What amazing powers you have to know people better than they know themselves.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
According to this fellow's article about this list it was compiled and released by a memebr of the IDF.

Does anyone have confirmation of this .... it sounds unlikely

top topics

join