It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you identify this image???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ihave come across this image a few times in my studies of the mayans and egyptians and i am completely baffled because i've never seen it before. if any one out there knows what it is or has ever seen it themselves please help

here is an artist's redintion
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here it is as thoth is holding it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thx - Graham

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The center symbol reminds me of the druid dragon symbol.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok, the only place Ive seen symbols that resemble that is from a T.V. show that was on about 5-10 years ago I think. I cant remember that name of the show for the life of me. I never ever watched the show, I can just remember the into of the show because it was so "trippy" at the time. The intro start off as artist renditions of upside down 3-d trianges like is shown in that drawing. From what I could gather from the intro the kid draws these triangles and has adventures or something.

Honesty, theres no releation to this and what your looking for. I dont think. But that drawing just imediatly reminded me of that show(or at least the drawings in the show) for some reason.

P.S. if anyone can remember the name of the show Iam talking about it would be greatly apreciated, as Iam now racking my brain to remember.

[edit on 6/30/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It would make some sense that a druidic symbol could occour in ancient Egypt. Egyptian traders could have had some contact with druidic tribes and the begining of the Celtic Empire durring their time of influence. They did get goods from the far east and with that kind of reach it's not too much of a jump to think that they got to Western Europe too.

Where did you find this image?

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
well that looks like 3 triangles and a circle with a star in it...

anyone see ra's eye at the bottom

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Ok, the only place Ive seen symbols that resemble that is from a T.V. show that was on about 5-10 years ago I think. I cant remember that name of the show for the life of me. I never ever watched the show, I can just remember the into of the show because it was so "trippy" at the time. The intro start off as artist renditions of upside down 3-d trianges like is shown in that drawing. From what I could gather from the intro the kid draws these triangles and has adventures or something.

Honesty, theres no releation to this and what your looking for. I dont think. But that drawing just imediatly reminded me of that show(or at least the drawings in the show) for some reason.

P.S. if anyone can remember the name of the show Iam talking about it would be greatly apreciated, as Iam now racking my brain to remember.

[edit on 6/30/04 by HumptyDumpty]

I think it's Chockys Children you're thinking about. It was about a kid who was in contact with aliens. I seem to remember him drawing a lot. Are you British? It was a British TV show.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yes I think it was a british show, but Iam from canada and this is where I've seen it. That sounds about right to my, thanks.

Unfortuneatly thats all I can add to this thread, sorry.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've seen it in lots of places taking the picture at the top of this page and just chaging the colours around. however i've never seen the one image to which i refer by itself.
www.crystalinks.com...

the eye of ra in my drawing was just a doodle lol sorry for the confusion

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The eye at the bottom is actually the Left eye which is a mirror image of the normal Eye or Ra. They are both, left and right eyes, usually called the Eye of Horus, while the Right is also known as the Eye or Ra (Sun) & the Left known as the Eye of Thoth (Moon).

There are various Esoteric meanings for each one as well as Mathematical values.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
those are 2 triangles with 4 faces, one pointing up one pointing down, i think they call that a hypercube.
heh.
but about the eye of ra.. no idea what that symbolism could mean being at the bottom of the hypercube. the circle .. no idea either. heh.
hoagland always uses hypercubes on www.enterprisemission.com to explain how everything comes to be at 19 degrees on every planet, which is where the points of the triangles stick out in a hypercube.

here's a picture of one i had stored on my computer.. the one you posted is 3d this one is more flattened out with the white lines connecting each edge but its the same thing basically.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The 'Wagon Wheel' looking symbol at the top looks close to 'The Solar Cross'. It represents the solar calendar- the movements of the sun, marked by the solstices.Sometimes the equinoxes are marked as well, giving an eight armed wheel.

However, the one you have is only six. But that isn't too strange since the numbers and meanings sometimes change slightly between different cultures. It's also, once again, shows the lines when you put two triangles together in the way it shows. crispexi's example shows it very clearly being that it displays it as a 2D view.

In 3D each one of those 4-Sided Pyramids are called Tetrahedrons. It is the first of the Platonic Solids of which the Universe is built upon it and the others. Tetrahedrons are very interesting shapes in Geometry. Their mathematical 'Arc's' & 'Angle's' (Hmmm....ArchAngel.....Arc & Angle.) have many uses and interesting features.

The one pointing up is the 'Above' in the Thoth phrase "As Above so Below". It also represents the 'Sun' while the one pointing down represents the 'Moon". It's like the Yin/Yang symbol for balance of opposing forces. Being that it represents the Sun that would once again add more probability that the 6-pointed Wheel on the Top was representing the Sun or possibly another way of showing the 'Sun-Eye of Ra' which is at the Top Part of the Pyramid.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
never seen it before , sorry but isn't the symbol on the bottom the " eye of iris " ? i dunno just a thought maybe it can help but i also like looking for stuff like this so i'll see waht i can dig up !

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A stylized version of the Kabalist Tree of Life, with the 21 paths.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What would it mean to see the symbol at the top, like the wagon wheel, or eye of ra, or whatever you are calling it? Like if you physically "see" it somewhere like if it was something in thin air?

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
its 2 pyramids coming together, as is above, so is below. i think it also has to do with sacred geometry.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I may be completley off target but here goes.......

Many have therorized that there are still pyramids that are covered by earth or water, and that these pyramids were built at a certain place in the earth due to their position realative to the stars.
Looking at that picture its what makes sense most to me, the astrological postions in a circle, and the pyramids around it, the ley lines of the earth and the pyramids connecting them, maybe if we could discover the more exact position of the stars when the pyramids were conceived (not built) we would have a better idea where to look for the lost pyramids, of course maybe not since the earth as well as the stars have shifted since that time.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm no Egyptian scholar...but I've been looking at this post and trying to find similar images with explinations to no avail so I figured I'd just go ahead and offer my two cents.

To me, it looks like a riased platform at about the same location where the cap of the pyramid would usually be - The Egyptians believed the taller their pyramids were, the closer they were to Ra...so maybe this is some symbol of faith - since the pyramids all face in cardinal directions, maybe the star symbol is a map to the north star?

Does this sound way off - like I said, I'm approaching this knowing only limited info...

[edit on 7/1/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

[edit on 7/1/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Print this picture out and then flip it over, this is just an artists rendering of a 3d portrait of a corner in a room looking through a keyhole of some sort...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
sorry also forgot, the main portion we should all ask ourself is what is hidden in that corner and which room is it actually in. I do not believe this has anything to do with ancient egyptian times but someone basically drawing backwards to say "look in the corner through a peep hole".. just a thought.

new topics

top topics

join