It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What Does Congress Talk About During Its Secret Sessions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db2609c795b6.jpg[/atsimg]

According to a Congressional Research Service report, the Senate has convened secret (or “closed door”) sessions 54 times since 1924. The House, only four. The topics of the sessions ranged far and wide. From the Nike-Zeus anti-missile program, to relations with Indian tribes, to the neutron bomb, to Angola, to impeachments, to Iraq war intelligence.

Here’s the list in full:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d35fd176ce78.jpg[/atsimg]

This report comes from the Congressional Research Service . (Interestingly, if you follow the footnotes you’ll see that much of the information comes from the recently deceased Senator Robert Byrd’s four-volume opus, The Senate.) The Congressional Research Service, or CRS, “works exclusively for the United States Congress” and does not generally provide their reports to the public. This decision to keep CRS’s products within “the halls of power” is somewhat controversial –the reports are funded by tax payer dollars and are almost always balanced, accurate, informative, and timely pieces of research and writing which could enhance public debate.

Any member of Congress can request a secret session, though usually there is advance agreement amongst Senators and Representatives before the sessions are convened. Once approved, the Sergeant of Arms clears the galleries so the Senators or Representatives can speak in secret. After the sessions finish, there are mechanisms to disclose what was said. In the House, transcripts of the secret sessions are generally made available to the public after thirty years. In the Senate, the proceedings remain secret until Senators vote to “remove the injunction on secrecy.”

Source: nsarchive.wordpress.com...

The more I learn about our Gov't the more I see we need to keep a keen eye on them. Looking over the list can spark some memories-more for some on here.

Well, maybe we need to get more access. Heck, not maybe. we need more access to this stuff.

I am not sure why the Senate has more of them. Anyone here ever been involved with one?

So, after looking it over, I see no major smoking gun but I am interested in what others might See in this list.

Our system of Gov't is a wonder thing but it should be watched and not trusted blindly.

Interesting though, in itself. You can do a little societal tracking just by the topics listed. I will save some of you the trouble, there is no UFO/Alien stuff or any mention about funds for secret UFO research facilities etc. Maybe in teh Defense Department appropriations session held on December 15, 1969.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Good thread. Thanks for posting this because i have some more information for you. For the first time in 176 years, congress closed it doors to the public to discuss:

The imminent collapse of the U.S. economy to occur by September 2008

The imminent collapse of US federal government finances by February 2009

The possibility of Civil War inside the USA as a result of the collapse

Advance round-ups of "insurgent U.S. citizens" likely to move against the government

The detention of those rounded-up at "REX 84" (FEMA) camps constructed throughout the USA

The possibility of retaliation against members of Congress for the collapses

The location of "safe facilities" for members of Congress and their families to reside during expected massive civil unrest

The necessary and unavoidable merger of the United States with Canada (for it's natural resources) and with Mexico (for its cheap labor pool)

The issuance of a new currency - THE AMERO - for all three nations as the proposed solution to the coming economic crisis

Also: The different lists of people in the United States: Red List: Know resistors are said to try to be kidnapped in the middle of the night and taken to FEMA camps. Blue List: Followers of the resistors, non-extreme, yet informed citizens that do not support political corruption. Yellow List: Submissive citizens, will be tagged with RFID-666 Microchip. Then will be let back into public and surveilled and studied like lab rats.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
remember the last one well the internet rumors alone kept me up for a few days star sir...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SparkleeRay

Can you put some sources up to support all of your addtions? Got my interest.

top topics

join