It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh great designers of ATS... I call upon thee!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So I have been informed that my local VFW in Boone, NC is going to become my sponsor as I travel to various dart tournaments. They pay my entry fees as long as I represent them by wearing some form of apparel. Here is my dilemma:

While I am not a vet or in the military myself, my father is, and is actually currently deployed. I want to give and show the VFW support by wearing a customized shirt. They have never done this kind of thing before, so they don't have anything geared towards darts in their closet. They do a lot for me, so I want to make sure it's not just something that's thrown together in 5 minutes. I, however, am not very good at coming up with a design from scratch.

This is where you come in! I'm asking that some of you use your amazing talents to help me design a shirt that will definitely catch people's eye. I feel like something mediocre, which is probably what I would come up with at best, would be overlooked and wouldn't benefit the VFW. There isn't really any rush, though I guess I would like to get one as soon as I could.

My initial idea was to have two darts connected at their points to form the V and then from there had no idea. If you wish to include it in your design, they are Post 7031.

I'm looking for something that would go good on a Black shirt, though White would be fine as well. Something a little intimidating perhaps, kinda give the feel of a toughened vet.

If you have suggestions of other places I could ask, please let me know! Thanks so much in advance for any help!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What kind of shirt? Just plain T, or V neck, or...?And are there certain colors u want used?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkHelmet

Is this a design that is going to be printed on? Or stitched?
Full color or Monotone?
Do you want a big design to cover the whole shirt or just something in the corner?
edit on 18-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I had a go to get the ball rolling.
I'm sure others can do much better!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5e05c9bd3fd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
First of all thank you so much for replying so quickly. Didn't think I'd get this quick a response.

Originally posted by ShadowLife
What kind of shirt? Just plain T, or V neck, or...?And are there certain colors u want used?

Plain T. Any color scheme will work fine as long as it looks good! I would prefer to put whatever the design may be on a black shirt though, so maybe that'll help with the color selection. Though if you have an idea that works great for a different base shirt color, I'm all for it

Originally posted by davespanners
Is this a design that is going to be printed on? Or stitched?
Full color or Monotone?
Do you want a big design to cover the whole shirt or just something in the corner?
edit on 18-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

I don't really know, and I'm assuming the design may change based on how it would be put on? If thats the case, the design is more important to me because I want to grab people's attention as best I can as a "thank you" to the VFW, so if a design you create would need a specific method of being put on, then you can indicate that ion the post. And it can be either full color or monotone. The overall look of it is what matters to me, not so much the color scheme. I'm also not a fan of designs on the front of a shirt, so it would be on the back. The size doesn't matter as much, as long as it's not too small. So I would steer away a bit from the something in the corner.

And the first submission is great! Probably not THE one, but hopefully it'll help ideas spill out.

Again, thanks so much! I understand it takes time and effort to draw these up, and I wish I had the artistic ability you all had! I 'm just wanting to do my best to help support a great organization.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
First one.. Just did that real quick to see if it was an idea? Maybe changes to it if you want...

top topics

join