It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if Saddam is "not guilty"???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
what if Saddam was found "not guilty" when his trial ends???

would the U.S. take him and have their own version of the trial???

would there be riots???

lets find out!!!

[edit on 30-6-2004 by they see ALL]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

The guilty verdict is already decided, it just hasn't been put though due proccess yet.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
there not even going to let Saddam even try to defend himself!!!

that is NOT fair!!!

i thought Iraq was going to be a democracy???

innocent until proven guilty, right???

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sure he can defend himself, that's the due proccess. It's just that the outcome is "probably" predetermined.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Sure he can defend himself, that's the due proccess. It's just that the outcome is "probably" predetermined.

ahhhhhhhhh yes...

just like in america...

(i mean its not right...)

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From what I read, Saddam's lawyers already are trying to call a mistrial and dismissal of charges for those exact reasons.... lol

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Check this out, the most popular toy in Iraq is the Saddam "jiggle-billy," complete with picture:
Yahoo

That's pretty funny, they are trying to make fun of Saddam before he goes to trial.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The guilty verdict is already decided, it just hasn't been put though due proccess yet.

Would be interesting to see Johnny Cochran defend Saddam...

"If the gas mask doesn't fit....you must acquit!"

Saddam is toast...it's just a matter of going through the motions so the rest of the world is happy.....

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is HOW would it be possible for him to be found anything BUT guilty?
I mean, he didn't slaughter all the witnesses.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think the witnesses with half a tongue and one leg will do him in.

There is no way he can be proved innocent. He made those decisions, and he made sure they were carried out. He committed genocide, plain and clear. He was corrupt, stole governement funds, what more do you want?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think, the better question is:
What do we do is Saddam escapes his Iraqi jailors?

[edit on 30-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Saddam is currently being held by US/Coalition forces, if I'm not mistaken, till his trial. Iraq only has legality on Saddam, not Saddam himself, yet.

seekerof

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Of course Saddam is guilty. His crimes against humanity will be shown to the world. He is responsible for the deaths of millions, the rape of tens of thousands, the maiming of hundreds of thousands ...

OF COURSE he's guilty. Also, the survivors of his torture chambers and rape rooms, and the families of the dead will all be the ones giving evidence. This is a slam dunk.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If you were Saddam's defense lawyer, how would you handle his case? Except for saying he's guilty that is. I'd probably claim insanity.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
there not even going to let Saddam even try to defend himself!!!

that is NOT fair!!!

i thought Iraq was going to be a democracy???

innocent until proven guilty, right???

I agree! They've got to prove it. OK lets just look at Iraq......

OK, hes guilty.

There's no way around it. Besides, I doub he would lower himself down to trying to get off. Thats like a stab at his pride.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would say that the meer fact that they (USA & Co) booted him from his country proves that he was guilty...all there is to be done now is "due process".

Dont you remember the reasons for going to war. They couldn't wait for this type of process to take place (WMD search) so they went into Iraq cause he was to much of a threat to his own people, to the rest of the middle east, and to mainly to the USA (or should I say the USA's oil supply). This would mean that they would have to have evidence of criminal activitys/war crimes and I would imagine that the powers that be gave the go ahead to caputure first and prove (to the public) later (because of the evidence they had).

[edit on 6/30/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'd be amazed he wouldn't try to kill himself first...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If they find Saddam not guilty, then i say we cut him loose, re instate him as leader of Iraq, cut him a big check and tell him were sorry.

Then we can finally go home, and let the middle east deal with him again.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Everyone is afraid he'll escape, who would take him in??? Itd be like...oh man, no thanks, I dont want you to screw up my life too! (taken from 'Office Space')

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I gotta beleive that anyone who would ask this question would just be looking to stir up controversy. Anyone with morality and common sense would know that this is not going to happen. He will be found guilty.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by mpeake]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join