It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I have a ghost/demon following me?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm going to try and be as specific as I can with all of this.

Many years ago when I was around the age of five to seven, I lived in a house with my Mom, Step-Dad, 2 brothers, and 2 step sisters. My oldest step sister lived in the basement, it had four stories, there was a main floor, a basement and a basement under that basement basically.
She always told my Mom and Step Dad about things happening down there, she would never tell me any details and still doesn't because she doesn't like thinking about it or talking about it... I am thinking of messaging her over Facebook to find more details.
Anyway, back then my Mom and Step Dad would lock us in the basement when we were bad (assholes), the light switch was on the other side of the door however, where they were so I couldn't turn on the lights if I wanted to. I found myself always standing at the top of the stairs staring down at something, screaming for my Mom or Step Dad to let me out of the basement. I always knew there was something down there.
One time living there I was taking a bath, and there was a big mirror on the wall, I could see myself in the tub if I looked at it, so I glanced at it once in the bathtub and saw a girl standing in the bathroom with me.
I don't remember everything, I can't remember much of what she looked like, but my Mom has made it clear to me that I did tell her this story when I was younger, apparently the day it happened I told her.

Another time, when my mother was tucking my younger brother and me in to bed (we had bunk beds at the time), we were never much of a religious family but one night out of nowhere I asked my little brother and Mom if we could say a prayer, a few seconds after that I heard a young girls voice say, "A prayer? OK." It wasn't the voice of my mom, and we never did say a prayer that night.

One day after school some time, I was in the first basement and my brothers and I were playing with toy cars, at random one of the leather recliners in the room began to move, and I could hear up the stairs my dog jumping at the door to go outside, I ignored the recliner moving and continued playing with the cars, and then we heard a young girl's voice saying "Let the dog out." Needless to say we all went upstairs, let the dog out and didn't go back down to the basement.

Needless to say, many years later if I speak to someone about this girl ghost, I almost begin to cry.
One thing that made me believe that this girl wasn't only in that house was one day in the fifth grade when I would go to my auntie's house after school, I was watching the television in the living room, everybody else was upstairs at the time.
Next to the TV was a door that lead to a laundry room and bathroom, the door was open.
I was just watching this show, and then I looked at the door and saw a girl standing there.
It wasn't either of my two female cousins who live there, they had no friends over, and my auntie was upstairs with them.
I stared at this girl for a few seconds, it felt like forever, and then I closed my eyes and ran upstairs to my auntie crying.

Now I'm almost seventeen, I haven't SEEN this girl anywhere lately, but I do have a few things I would like to point out.
Since around that time in fifth grade I have had bad depression, it's been constant and only seems to get worse. I don't know if this could have anything at all to do with it, but it may.
I also have bad anxiety, and paranoia if that means anything.

Last night as I was laying in bed, I was just thinking to myself. It was about 1:00 AM and everybody else was asleep, besides that I am in the basement so I wouldn't be able to hear anybody else talking anyway (note I live in a different house now, not the one mentioned previously), so I was laying there and all of a sudden I heard a whisper, like it was right in my ear saying "I know you". I opened my eyes right away and kept them open for probably 30 minutes with only blinking. I couldn't fall asleep but I was tired right before that happened, however that woke me right up.

Also, I had a friend who's mother is something to do with communicating with demons, ghosts, etc.
The friend of mine said that one day her mom did mention getting an uncomfortable feeling from me, and her mom offered to have me go over and she could try communicating with it.
I passed on the offer however, as I thought it was silly...

Anyway, that's all I can think of putting at the moment... Share your thoughts, I am very curious to figure out what is going on.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is good that you have shared your story, you probably will be feeling much lighter.
I believe you, cos i know other dimensional beings exist...
This is not the only dimension, there are gazillions of them where we and other entities exist.

You have been feeling this girl's presence for a awhile so either you are extremely paranoid (and constructing this imaginary girl in your mind) or that girl is really there. Simple.

I would suggest you to be calm, see what the entity wants without directly interfering with it.
But have a clean mind & heart and no doubts cos they probably can sense them.

Don't worry.. You are good.
If something bad had to happen it probably already would have.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by letmeDANz
You have been feeling this girl's presence for a awhile so either you are extremely paranoid (and constructing this imaginary girl in your mind) or that girl is really there. Simple.

I would suggest you to be calm, see what the entity wants without directly interfering with it.
But have a clean mind & heart and no doubts cos they probably can sense them.

Okay.
I don't think I am paranoid of it, some days I hardly think about it... I've been carrying on fine thinking to myself that I do have some sort of entity with me and that they haven't really harmed me in any way so I accept them in a way.

You suggested seeing what the entity wants without directly interfering with it, how can I possibly go about doing this? I don't know much about contacting or communicating with things like this, so any advice could be very helpful.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GraveDigger

Well, whoever the entity is, she doesn't sound malignant at all.
Could be just keeping an eye on you.
Don't believe the hype - demons will protect and look out for you.
Especially children, and since you would become so frightened by being locked in the dark basement,
she was probably drawn to you to protect you.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Well, whoever the entity is, she doesn't sound malignant at all.
Could be just keeping an eye on you.
Don't believe the hype - demons will protect and look out for you.
Especially children, and since you would become so frightened by being locked in the dark basement,
she was probably drawn to you to protect you.

Thank you for that, it does make me feel more comfortable when you say it that way. I never thought of the basement incident or anything that happened in the house with parent's abuse having anything to do with her sticking with me.
I mean that is only a possibility, but I like the idea of it very much.
I never felt threatened by her, because she never seemed aggressive or anything like that. Having her with me was something I accepted a few years ago really, if she even is with me which I am 100% sure she is, but I may also just be crazy.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I really don't think you're crazy, if you hear something out of the blue like that, and other people hear it too, then you're totally not gone. Spirits find one another using a sight we cannot understand, if this girl is latched onto you, it's for a reason, she probably is related to you in some way, like an Ancestor, or perhaps she knew you before you were you in this life.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

My family had a problem with a male entity. He communicated through the Ouija Board. Please dont attempt that it's dangerous! Our situation started out gradual and seemed innocent in the beginning. At the end it became so strong that a powerful force held her down on the bed and no one could pull her off. The only remedy I know that works is to say "get thee behind me Satan" I think it renders demons powerless! I dont believe in ghosts, only angels and demons. All children go to Heaven. Satan is very tricky and deceptive portraying an innocent child. Our entity said he was earthbound but was probably one of many lies. I'm not sure if you have seen some recent news that the demand for excorcists has jumped dramatically lately. Just know it cant hurt you physically so dont let it mess with your head either, that is how it wins. First mind, then body, then soul. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Interesting story. First off I am quite skeptical when it comes to a lot of these stories. What could be interesting is having your body mass calculated against your weight to see if there is a little girl hanging on your back.

Your depression can come from the girl sucking your positive energy away from you to feed herself.

But to be honest I think you should stop worrying about her and just try to be happy.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You say your parents locked you in the basement as a punishment. Well at that time, did they know of your belief that there was something in that basement?

If so, what a terrible thing for them to do.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
Interesting story. First off I am quite skeptical when it comes to a lot of these stories. What could be interesting is having your body mass calculated against your weight to see if there is a little girl hanging on your back.

Your depression can come from the girl sucking your positive energy away from you to feed herself.

But to be honest I think you should stop worrying about her and just try to be happy.

I'm really skinny. I weigh about 150 pounds.
I'm not necessarily worried about her at all though.

Originally posted by susp3kt
You say your parents locked you in the basement as a punishment. Well at that time, did they know of your belief that there was something in that basement?

If so, what a terrible thing for them to do.

Well, my Mom told me years after we moved out of that house, that her and her ex husband were pretty sure there was something else in the house, but they never wanted to tell any of the kids.
My oldest step sister who I mentioned had brought it up to them, never us, but at first they only thought it was happening to her because she was using drugs at the time.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Having been a paranormal investigator for quite a while, even though I've encountered some strange phenomena, I've always been skeptical of ghosts and their ilk. I more readily believe the concepts of energy, multiple dimensions, etc. then I am willing to believe in ghosts.

However, within the last several years I've got people onto my crew that are more sensitive to energy then I am. At least one of these individuals has had childhood experiences that sound similar to yours. Given that, I've become a firm believer that certain individuals are more sensitive to energy then others, and that they may be "beacons" for, or perhaps "attract" such energy.

For example, a member of my team lives in a haunted residence. She's recorded a large number of EVPs that sound like over five different and clearly identifiable voices that have shown up on multiple occasions repeatably. It is easy to recognize the difference between the voices and recognize the same ones when they show up again.

Recently, on several investigations we've conducted of different locations--not her home--at least one of these voices--that of what sounds like a little girl we've named Sara--has shown up on tape. It's recognizable to all of us who have reviewed the EVPs captured at the investigators residence. This clearly implies that the "energy" is following the investigator around, though perhaps this isn't the correct what to phrase it as concepts of space and time don't have much meaning here. One thing is quite obvious, the specific phenomena is attached to this specific investigator, appearing in locations where she is.

Interestingly enough, she currently asks her ghosts to stay home whenever we go on an investigation. Yes, we are actually concerned about her "ghosts" contaminating any data we gather of the "ghosts" associated with the location we are investigating. The irony and utter strangeness of the situation is not lost on me.

Given all of the above, I would encourage you to explore ways in that you could develop your energy sensitivity. Specifically, I would avoid anyone that claimed to be a psychic or medium and instead consider taking a class in Reiki or even a specific type of martial art--tai chi for example--that really concentrates on energy sensitivity and manipulation. Everything generates energy and you appear to be someone who is more sensitive to it then the average person. I firmly believe that this is an ability that can be developed.

Regardless of my beliefs, which is skeptical but open--and this post is way outside anything I purpose to actually know anything about--there is one thing no one can deny: strange things happen to regular people with startling frequency and paranormal phenomena are a common human experience that deserves to be examined.

Bobby Elgee; Sights Unseen Paranormal

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I can assure you, you do not have a ghost following you. The reasons for that are these:

Ghosts are supposedly spiritual beings, they are not physical and have no mass. Being as they have no mass, they could not ever been seen, they could not move or have momentum, and there would be literally nothing to tie them to this planet. You could not see a ghost unless it had mass - to reflect light. What would stop a ghost (assuming one could become seen) from being overtaken by the force of gravity and pulled directly to the center of the earth?
The very second a ghost appeared (if it could) it would be ripped away and thousands of miles an hour - because of the rotation of the earth, and the movement of our solar system through space. The ghost couldn't be haunting their place of death because that particular place was left far behind - somewhere in the stars, on the path our earth took. For them to have any interaction at all in our world - requires that they have mass.
Once you know enough science - the supernatural realm begins to look a lot like fantasyland.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Alright, I am GraveDigger's younger brother, so I have some things to add, as well as things to confirm.

First of all I want to add some things to maybe confirm that the house was haunted with something.
I was an early riser at the time, so I was up before everyone. One night I was awake at maybe 5, and I was lying in bed trying to go back asleep. I suddenly felt very awake and looked towards my doorway, and saw a man standing there staring at me. He looked somewhat like Anthony Hopkins in "Magic", but he looked very scared, and very angry at the same time. He stared at me for maybe 30 seconds before walking off down the stairs.

Again, when I woke up early one day, I went to my Mom's room and lied down with her because I couldn't fall back asleep. I looked up at the roof and the roof looked like it was morphing, into a spiral. I heard a bunch of whispering, men and women, and kids. I kept telling my Mom that I was seeing and hearing this stuff, and she ignored me and went back to sleep.

GraveDigger and mine's mother was painting our other brothers room. We went in and made hand prints on the wall, and we stopped and another hand print appeared. We both just left awkwardly, because we were pretty scared.

Our family, one night, was eating supper and GraveDigger went up to the washroom. He was up there for maybe 30 seconds before he ran downstairs to the kitchen screaming, "Mom! There's a baby in the bathtub!". I don't remember what happened after that.

I was one year before Kindergarten and I stayed home with my Mom all day. My Mom told me to let the dog out of her cage (it was very early and she was still sleeping), and I went downstairs and let her out of her cage.
I went down and was about to open her cage, when I heard a sad, ghostly, girl voice. It said "(My name)... Let the dog out.." and I ran upstairs crying and told my Mom. My Mom of course didn't want me to know it was a ghost and came down with me and let her out.

Like GraveDigger said, our parents locked us in the basement when we were bad. One night, I did something bad, which I can't remember, and I got locked in the basement. I was sitting on the top of the stairs because I didn't want to go all the way downstairs.. Because it was scary as heck and there wasn't exactly a point besides more space, which was useless for me. I sat on the top of the stairs and cried, asking to be let out. I heard something else crying, and I saw a figure coming towards me. I couldn't quite see everything about it because it was nearly pitch black, and it floated toward me slowly, laughing. I started banging on the door to be let out, balling my eyes out, and my Mom finally opened the doors and asked what I was doing. The "thing" disappeared as soon as she opened the door.

That was all that happened to me, so yeah. Hopefully his confirms some things and gives you all more of an idea what was going on.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The post above this, are incidents that I did forget yes, and he is my younger brother like he said.
Also during the time that my older brother's room was being painted, I saw a baby standing in the doorway when I was walking up the stairs, the door was right at the end of the hallway there so it was the first thing I saw. Nobody believed me, typically.
I don't remember the hand print on the wall made with paint, however it could be likely.

Does anybody else have ideas as to what could be going on? I know somebody mentioned my body weight and my body's build could determine if I had a spirit on my shoulders, but what about constant excruciating neck pains?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Despite the fact that my prior post was ignored, I will reply once again with another more "to the point" answer.

Old house - lead paint.
Overactive imagination.

The sooner you dismiss supernatural happenings as the fantasy they are, the happier you will be.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
Despite the fact that my prior post was ignored, I will reply once again with another more "to the point" answer.

Old house - lead paint.
Overactive imagination.

The sooner you dismiss supernatural happenings as the fantasy they are, the happier you will be.

It wasn't ignored, I just found it stupid.
You're coming on the Paranormal Studies forums only to tell people that Supernatural beings don't exist, and you expect people to listen to you, when it's been made clear numerous times everybody in these forums has an interest and chances are a belief in the supernatural.
Also, with absolutely zero proof to back up your knowledge of Supernatural happenings being a 'fantasy' I did not find a point in wasting my time replying to your post, because regardless of what I may have replied you would have continued to say that only you were correct and I am incorrect for believing in such a thing.
There was not much point until now and I will still disregard it as I have seen the proof I need with my own eyes to have believes in the Supernatural, and you have not given any proof to back your statement of them being a fantasy.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The paranormal is some what my forte.Ghosts are the spiritual energy of human beings.Sometimes our energy becomes trapped or imprinted on an object, house, person etc. Like a tape recorder replaying past events. Other times it is the actual soul or mass spiritual energy that is not necessarily trapped but for some reason remains on this plane of existence and interacts with the environment around it. Demons are a different kind of spiritual energy not that of a human. Sometimes their are malevolent others not so much.Demons have are more spiritual energy than ghost and are incredibly rare. From what you tell me is that you probably have a ghost of the 2nd kind.One who for some reason has attached itself to you. Stop stressing about it and confront her head on. Acknowledge her existence and with a tape recorder demand what she wants.Show no fear. She's in your world uninvited so tell her exactly how you feel. You might be surprised with the answers you get. She could be using you like a lightning rod and taking your energy with or without meaning too.Trust me you will feel much better. Another note if you do find out that this is some kind of demon,stop interaction and get professional help.From a psychic,clergyman(even if your not a christian as I am not this still helps),Or some sort of paranormal investigator.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I must confess, it WAS rather stupid of me to offer ZERO proof for something that DIDN'T happen in fantasyland. Being as I am not a resident of "fantasyland", how could I ever assume to be correct in making that assumption?
Since you find it easier to believe that there is indeed a paranormal spirit haunting you from beyond the grave, defying ALL the laws of physics - just for the LOL's, instead of thinking perhaps its the product of someone pulling your leg and your own overactive imagination...then maybe, maybe you should run somewhere and pray really hard. I know I would.

PS...don't look now - (whispering)...but she's standing.....right....behind....you

edit on 19-11-2010 by sykickvision because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ok, this is my first post. I have been reading posts on ats for a long time, and after reading what gravedigger wrote here, I decided that it was time that I start posting as well.

I have had way too many experiences to say that the paranormal does not exist, however I do think that there is reason to be skeptical about some so called paranormal experiences. With that being said, I have always felt like I was more sensitive to energies, as one member had mentioned some are, and I believe that helps me to discern fact from fiction sometimes. I would have to say that GraveDiggers experience resonates with me and I would have to agree that it does not seem malevolent, but that doesn't mean it isn't. I think you just need to be careful with this, anything that follows you places could potentially be a threat. The best thing to do is make sure that you stay positive, so that in the event it does feed off of negative energy, you are weakening it and defending yourself in the process.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

There is a reason they're called The LAWS of Physics, Laws can be broken.
There is evidence that shows that some parts of the universe defy, or BREAK the LAWS of physics.

There goes your argument.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join