It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for the Oil crash and the end of our current way of life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mashedpotatoes

Even if it's true... Even if Earth is synthesizing oil from non-organic substances. There are some vital questions:
How fast it is renewing?

Is it creating more than we are consuming?

And if it is synthesizing oil it is happening very deep underground and it takes time for it to raise to upper earth's crust. Do we have a technology that repays drilling even deeper?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Explain how the U.S. has peaked in oil production when we haven't even tapped into the largest majority of our resources. This is due in part to Obama, Bush and Clinton Restricting Oil Refining in the U.S. coburn.senate.gov... d099b51c966&Group_id=00380921-999d-40f6-a8e3-470468762340

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Yes, but they're quite likely anomolies. For the very rare oil field that refills itself, how many are dry? Thousands? Logic would dictate that it's more likely that abiotic oil is not a viable reality.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I seriously doubt it. We are already in transition for alternative energy and manufacturing. Ethanol can replace oil in all fuel applications including diesel and jet and it's renewable sustainable much cleaner and more efficient and would help the economy. Also we have enough oil untapped in Alaska Montana and North Dakota to last for several hundred years, although I think we need to get off of oil myself.

And also there is this:

edit on 19-11-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

That's interesting. Further searches would suggest it might be true, too.

Perhaps they're saving it for when the rest of the world runs out.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Google:
Peak Oil conspiracy.
Carbon tax credits.
Global warming fraud.

All pieces of a Fascist puzzle with communist world government and socialized benefits paid via fiat money master with printing press with tyranic poor/portions.

Still spinning a bro'Kin record.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

I agree. If some few oil fields have filled up again doesn't mean anything. Maybe just that oil COULD be renewing from within Earth. If it was renewing itself fast then all oil wells would be full again.

But that is like a drunk man's dream for a bottle of vodka that refills itself when you empty it.

I believe that oil is not infinite, self-renewing resource. Believing that oil is not going to peak is a proof for human stupidity.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ethanol is a farce.

You need more energy to produce it than you get from it. This means using vast amounts of oil to create it, which obviously defeats the purpose.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign

Yes, but they're quite likely anomolies. For the very rare oil field that refills itself, how many are dry? Thousands? Logic would dictate that it's more likely that abiotic oil is not a viable reality.

Perhaps it normally takes a very long time to replenish. You say "logic would dictate" --- maybe your logic, not mine.

What ever the case, like everything else, Oil comes from God, and he's never easy to figure out, and what he does is usually not "logical" -- until after it happens.
edit on 19-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
OP: The fact that 99.9% of the earth's known oil reserves are owned by elitist scum who care nothing about the general population is MUCH more problematic.. don't you think?

I'll delve further once this is understood.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Ethanol is far from free energy. You need vast fertile, lands and big machines to plow, plant seeds and harvest plants. Also big industrial complexes that turns plants into ethanol. And growing more ethanol plants makes food prices to rise.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Well, just say you're right, and Abiotic oil is real but takes a very long time to replenish. What good does that do us for the next few generations? Oil is in decline right now, and that decline may be slow, but eventually only the Government/Military and/or very wealthy individuals will be able to afford it. Estimates are that this will have happened by 2030, and quite likely sooner.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

I think this thread is not worth any more argument. Too many unknowns.

But one man's baloney is another man's ultimate wisdom.

(The ET Corn Gods translation of the word "Ultimate" is "ET/UFO Mate" -- coming this year. See the websites listed in my Profile.)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

Originally posted by Pervius
Henry Ford made his own fuel for his first vehicles with potatoes. The plastic he used was made from beans.

The only problem with using plant matter for making oil is that farmers that traditionallly grow food crops switch to fuel crops, as is happening now with the production of ethanol.
This is already causing food shortages and pushing the price of food up worldwide.

Complete myth and propaganda put out by none other then Big Oil! The government is paying farmers not to farm and none of the corn used for ethanol is fit for human consumption. Brazil imports no oil and only uses 1% of thier farmland to produce ethanol... Do the research all the bad stuff you hear about Ethanol is a lie!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
reply to post by hawkiye

Ethanol is far from free energy. You need vast fertile, lands and big machines to plow, plant seeds and harvest plants. Also big industrial complexes that turns plants into ethanol. And growing more ethanol plants makes food prices to rise.

Tell that to Brazil who imports no oil and uses only 1% of thier farmland to supply 50% of the countries fuel needs. It is all lies put out by big oil! I never said Ethanol was free energy try watching the video before you comment. Ethanol is sustainable and more cost efficient to produce then gasoline! You think it is cheaper to spend billions drilling, pumping, and trucking to refineries then planting a field??? It doesn't require big centralized plants to make ethanol it can be made in your backyard! And lends it self well to smaller regional plants close to the farms. Also the by product is a high protein animal feed that adds 20% to cattle but right now they throw most of it away. It burns clean and car engines will last twice as long running it and have more power and get better mileage if tuned properly for Ethanol. Do your research people and deny ignorance.

Start here: www.alcoholcanbeagas.com...
edit on 19-11-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
We can grow Ethanol guys and gals. Internal combustion engines just need to be more efficient and used in hybrid vehicles. Anyway, some guy in Japan has invented a machine to recover oil from any waste plastic efficiently.
We will probably end up digging up our landfill sites to recover our dumped plastic.
edit on 19/11/10 by Donegal_TDI because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You realise this is about more than transport? Oil is effectively the only viable currency in the world. Oil goes, the economy crashes, for good. Ethanol solves nothing. First of all, as I've already said, the amount of energy you have to burn on harvesting the crop, irrigatation, steam energy and chemical additions amounts to more than the energy that Ethanol gives you back. This is quite obviously inefficient and defeats the purpose. Also, to produce Ethanol you require vast amounts of arable land. Ethanol will be useless until celulosic ethanol production is advanced. Even then I doubt it'll be enough to completely replace fossil fuel.

By the way, your claim that Brazil imports no Oil is an outright lie. Brazil imports 647,500 barrels of oil per DAY, ranked 18th in the entire world.

www.indexmundi.com...

Do your research and deny ignorance

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Good Thread.

There is no need for anyone to believe in peak oil. It's fact. The Oil reserves will not run out, it's just the oil reserves that are easily accessable will dry up. I'm sure there is vast lakes of oil under the antartic or under the sea somewhere.......
But there comes a point when it becomes not a viable solution to drill for it, simply because it will expend too much energy getting to it than the energy you will get from it.
As for alternative energy?.....there isn't a substance on earth that will replace oil.....electric cars?....what ya going to make the tyres out of? There is 8 gallons of oil in every tyre, let alone the paint etc.
Food package'n?....getting the food to the store?.....the pesticides?....... all reliant on oil......

There isn't 1 area of everyones life that doesn't rely on oil.

Great film by Michael Ruppert www.collapsemovie.com

It is happening...... thats why we went to iraq, why we'll prob go to iran...... just a question of when.

We had a petrol strike here for about a week odd........ the whole country came to a standstill..... no-one could get to work..... no one could get the kids to school...... there was no food on the shelves...... it was a nightmare....

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
To all the nay sayers, if peak oil is fake, can someone explain why the tar sands in Canada have become the darlings of the oil industry after all these years out in the cold for being non cost effective?
If there is no shortage of oil, why go to all the trouble of extracting oil from tar sands, which incidently is a very distructive, vile process?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
In modern society, transport is everything. I agree that ethanol will never replace oil for transport of the masses as we have right now, but at least essential services will have an option if ethanol is used in electric hybrids.
Tractors which power agriculture are already being designed that run on hydrogen fuel cells. If we have cheap nuclear powered electricity, we will have cheap hydrogen.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join