It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for the Oil crash and the end of our current way of life?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Point taken.

But I am more optimistic than Rupert. There may be tough times ahead, but we will eventually sort it all out. As a species we have been very successful so far. There is no reason to rule out our future success.

My hope is, that out of these tumultuous times, a new renaissance arises. Imagine if everyone had access to free energy. It is coming. And that is what frightens the powerful most of all.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Smack because: added word

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Here, from earlier.

I'd suggest the 'evidence' of abiotic oil is simply down to oil migration. Also, given the volatile nature of plate techtonics on Earth, how can anyone be sure that an area that's 30,000 feet deep now was 30,000 feet deep millions of years ago when the oil was formed? The Earth's crust is always moving and changing.

Whether Oil is abiotic or not is really irrelevant. Reserves we have now are in decline regardless, and a few replenishing Oil fields in Texas are not going to solve the problem. There are thousands of Oil fields dry, drying, and staying dry. Let's just say Oil is abiotic. Over a geological timescale, it does our generation and many of the following generations no good, there still won't be Oil.

Of course, all of this depends on whether you believe the Oil companies and governments are lying about what they have to bump up oil prices or not. Funny that both are spending billions upon billions researching and carrying out difficult undersea drilling in hard to reach places. Not much point in sending up those Oil prices if you're going to throw all that money away with apparently needless drilling, wouldn't you say?

There really are a lot of irrational thinkers here, but carry on

Pay attention to the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
reply to post by Mak Manto

Point taken.

But I am more optimistic than Rupert. There may be tough times ahead, but we will eventually sort it all out. As a species we have been very successful so far. There is no reason to rule out our future success.

My hope is, that out of these tumultuous times, a new renaissance arises. Imagine if everyone had access to free energy. It is coming. And that is what frightens the powerful most of all.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Smack because: added word

I can drink to that.

There is a way out of these problems, and believe me, we'll find that way.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

we arent running out of oil

we live under a monetary system where the global elite must create artificial scarcity to make profits.

google the pastor who worked for big oil when they discovered a massive oil field in alaska. its been left untapped.

oil, diamonds, food, energy, water, etc all are in plentiful supply. we've been hoodwinked into believing they are running out

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

You mean this Alaskan oil field?

www.alertme.com...

A sprawling federal energy reserve on Alaska's North Slope contains less than one-tenth the amount of oil previously estimated, federal scientists have said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Opening an Alaska wildlife refuge to oil development would only slightly reduce America’s dependence on imports and would lower oil prices by less than 50 cents a barrel, according to an analysis released Tuesday by the Energy Department.

The effects of drilling at Anwr would barely be noticed, not nearly enough Oil there, as with almost everywhere else on the planet.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I gave you a star for the OP because I think you are correct, but generally I think you are wasting your time. People don't want to hear this kind of an argument. If you and I are correct it means they would have to change the way they live. They don't want to do that. They are comfy in their world.

Even if Peak Oil isn't real, how can you proclaim there are no problems with our use of oil? It's proven itself a virulent pollutant. The Fracking process used for extraction of natural gas and oil shales destroys ground water. It shows how desperate we are for oil that we use those processes. You can talk about aboitioc oil and whatever other point you want. It doesn't change the fact that oil is a dirty source of energy and we are destroying our planet by using it. (Unless you are one of those people who thinks that's a fantasy too. In which case I invite you to drink motor oil since you think it's so safe. ) That fact alone should be enough to motivate people to change.

You are up against some serious denial. Truth is you either see the glass as half full or half empty as they say. Personally, I think the glass if pretty much bone dry at this point. If we want to get through the "oil peak" without any serious shortages or interruptions that would cause harm to our world then we should have started a decade ago. People think some new technology is going to save them-well, nothing is going to save you if we get into a nuclear war over Oil. The way we are going, I'm fairly sure we might end up there. Furthermore, I think human beings give themselves way too much credit. A large majority of people can't even figure out what to do with their garbage. How in the hell do you expect them to figure out some way to live without oil?

It's like a baby that would rather sit in his poop until he finally gets a rash. Get out of the poop people.
edit on 19-11-2010 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

If you don't wanna research it, don't. Don't take my word for it either, I am assuming, I admit it, but, I equate international with global, and global is the NWO game. International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Global Consortium Group, I just do not trust entities with all encompassing planetary names. My reasons? Because in the past, they have always seemed to exist in order to promote the corporate-bankster-globalist-NWO agenda, thats why...

But my point was, why don't you find out who funds and influences the sites where you get your information, they just MIGHT have a reason to want to mislead you. What if all they wanted was for people like you to take their claims and ride round the countryside yelling, "The British are coming!" or in this case, "The oil's running out!"

I visit WND regularly, even though I give them a 3 out of 5 on my personal credibility scale for two main reasons. They refer to "God" and "Jesus" too much for my tastes, and in such a way that resembles Al Gore and global warming, and they also reference an "al Qaeda", which in the Arabic speaking regions, means: the toilet. Well it literally translates to: the base, but, the base in that region means the base of operations for taking a dump. As far as the CIA goes, "al Qeada" was/is a database of operatives who trained and fought with the Taliban when we were funding training and supplying them so they could resist the USSR invasion. Al Qeada is a CIA invention, a media construct, a surrogate villian created in order to have a perpetual enemy that is constantly plotting and endangering us. WND does have some useful and accurate information, but I don't take any of their reports at face value, because I know that on SOME level, they are trying to decieve me...They talk about things that I KNOW are not true, why should I trust anything else they talk about? Thats why you should double and tripple verify your sources for accuracy.

MODS, I know that last paragraph was a bit off topic, but I think that the point I tried to make is relevant to the tone of this thread. please allow it to remain. ty...
edit on 19-11-2010 by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso because: typos, as always...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso

If you don't wanna research it, don't. Don't take my word for it either, I am assuming, I admit it, but, I equate international with global, and global is the NWO game. International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Global Consortium Group, I just do not trust entities with all encompassing planetary names.

Why don't YOU research it. You keep saying this organisation is NWO, that website is NWO funded blah blah, without providing any evidence or reason other than than you've 'been there before' or something along those lines. Leave la - la land behind for a little while and venture into the real world, we're dealing in fact here.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

I gave you a star for the OP because I think you are correct, but generally I think you are wasting your time. People don't want to hear this kind of an argument. If you and I are correct it means they would have to change the way they live. They don't want to do that. They are comfy in their world.

Don't I know it. The almost angry replies, as in "How dare you suggest our Oil might be running out!" are evidence enough that people don't want to hear about it. Abiotic Oil is plausible, but I think it's wishful thinking personally. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Personally i think its part of the whole earth is an engine thing,, oil /mantle/plates/ my worry is if u remove too much of the oil from an engine it will run hotter and begin to slow down due to increased friction and hopefully we have not tapped into area, where this lubricating action has not been affected to the point off doing real damage to this engine cause may crack a head if u know what i mean,,
Will we run out,, who cares ,, question is have we taken too much already??

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I disagree with you on the fracking and why that process is utilized. I don't think it shows desparation, I think it shows just how callous and uncaring the big corporations really are with land that others have to dwell on. Fracking is devastating to the region where it is done, but so is deforrestation, strip-mining, bleaching wood pulp for paper production, damming rivers and diverting water, and a whole lot of other things. If the cleaner and more responsible alternative is potentially more expensive than the S.O.P. then S.O.P. remains the status quo...Corporate bottom line is to maximize profits in every way shape and form available, unless the backlash is more costly than the expense of damage control for all of the wrongdoing it took to realize the miximum profits...
I forget who said it, maybe Celente or Tarpley, but there is a quote that basically states that, 'A truly free market capitalist system, does not promote ethical behavior, when to be honest is to cut ones own throat..' You have a store that sells pianos, there is another store a few blocks away. The other store has been in existence longer has an established client base and has better products and better prices. When a strange new customer comes in one day and begins asking about the selection available, are you going to tell that customer that the store down the street has better pianos for less money? No...you will not if you wish to remain in business.

Stop accepting corporate explanations, period. They are most likely not accurate.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Please watch this very intriguing, little Youtube video...that hopefully will change many of your perceptions on how DIRE this coming world-wide catastrophie really is:

Unless we change our ways in the relatively very short time-frame, our civilization is bound for total collapse in this near-future scenario. This is the absolute worst time for complacency...and it's ok to fear sometimes. The key is to not let the emotions over-throw your reasoning. Agreed?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthSeeker1996

Your link is busted

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by TheTruthSeeker1996

Your link is busted

I see that: Here's the Video

And it is busted no more.
edit on 19-11-2010 by TheTruthSeeker1996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ah, I've seen some of that before. In fact, the first part was posted earlier in this thread. It's very good, explains things in a nutshell.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign
embedding YT vids is always tricky for the new user, you'll get it eventually

Thank you for understanding. Two attempts seems to do the trick. But hopefully I got my point across to you good people.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

WOW, I never thought of the possible interrelationship the way you just described it. Romantically profound, and supportive of the Intelligent Design train of thought. What if oil is not just a lubricant for plate tectonics, or the spinning core of the Earth, but some sort of planetary life-blood? What if merely depleting it to a certain amount has dire consequences?

Oops, I almost went back to, IF that's true, then shouldn't we do SOMETHING before it's TOO LATE...lol...

But I really do like your idea. What if oil is neccesary for the proper shifting of tectonic plates...? Hmmm...more friction would cause more force buildup (of potential energy) before catastrophic release of kinetic energy as a super earthquake which could cause floods, tsunamis, more floods, landslides, mass devastation.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign

Originally posted by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso

If you don't wanna research it, don't. Don't take my word for it either, I am assuming, I admit it, but, I equate international with global, and global is the NWO game. International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Global Consortium Group, I just do not trust entities with all encompassing planetary names.

Why don't YOU research it. You keep saying this organisation is NWO, that website is NWO funded blah blah, without providing any evidence or reason other than than you've 'been there before' or something along those lines. Leave la - la land behind for a little while and venture into the real world, we're dealing in fact here.

No, sorry, you are NOT dealing in fact. You are dealing in speculation at best, denial for sure. What part of, "it is proven that oil is abiotic", do you have a problem accepting? If you question its rate of replenishment, so be it, but you keep dismissing the fact that it is abiotic. That is but a singular example of your closedmindedness. Many posters have refuted your claims and you argue the same points over again, are dismissive to those who do not agree with you and acknowledge and verbally embrace those who do agree with you.

There are only two possibilities here, you are either right or you are wrong. As the OP I think you have a responsibility to at least entertain the POSSIBILITY that you could be wrong. I don't believe that anyone knows for sure where all of the planets reserves of oil are located, with that in mind, I would estimate that the information that you rely on, as far as world reserves and "peak oil" has at least a 50% margin for error.

Good Day, Sir...

btw I never said that IEA was NWO I made a reference on International and NWO, and you picked it up and ran with it out of proper context. It probably is though, I'll get back to you on that...not. Look it up for yourself, and if it is NWO, make sure you post a retraction and apology...thanx, bye now...
edit on 19-11-2010 by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso because: typos and to add the btw

edit on 19-11-2010 by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Most of the time the simplest answer is the most hidden. u know panic and all that,,

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
U do realize that maintaining that point of view makes viewing the arguments for are we going to run out in next number of years kind of silly,, it does require adult thinking,,

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join