It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for the Oil crash and the end of our current way of life?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

This is NOT a prediction thread.

The only prediction here is that a finite substance is going to run out, eventually. Hardly Nostradamus, is it.
But like many you probably didn't even read the entire post.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would not worry about running out of fossil fuel. Free energy technology exists and will eventually be introduced to the population when the time is right, that is not until some people make a whole lotta cash from the dwindling oil supply.

There is definitly going to be an adjusting period that we will go through, it might be difficult for a while but I think we`ll get through it.....and I think it will be a better world.

The end of fossil fuel..... will be the begining of a new industrial revolution.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
2030...good lord...Let's get off the panic horse here...This gives you 29 years to slowly adapt to a new way of living.....Not enough for you ??? Ok try this got an exercise, go to your local car parts store, get a 12 volt deep cycle battery and a cheep solar panel, start with that and learn how it works and how much power you can draw off of that and work your way to better performing technologies after that....LOL. Petrol will never go away completely...Heck I'm absolutely positive that right now you are typing away on a plastic keyboard looking at your nice contoured flat screen monitor next to your plastic telephone.

It's free market finally getting the upper hand on oil I guess and the interest of people to try something new as a renewable source of energy, I say new here because believe it or not...Even oil is renewable if we do it right.

Uh...

Oil is not renewable... If you want to sit around a few thousand years for more oil to be naturally created, be my guest, but this is not a case of somehow reserving our quantities of oil and somehow making more.

We need to get renewable energies NOW. Electricity, solar power, wind power, water power, anything that is able to power us up.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Evidence that Abiotic Oil is real, and that Peak Oil is fake, was just announced. Thread talking about it here earlier today:
Abiotic Oil is real

Peak Oil is a market scare tactic to keep the price of crude high, just to make the rich oil tycoons even richer.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

I wasn't trying to be rude. It was more as though I'd surveyed a battle field and saw a heap of bodies and wondered what is was they'd been fighting about. Minds and souls and such fighting over a lie. I simply won't join in. To engage in doomsday thought over well constructed hoaxes is, well, criminal. You really had no choice but to believe in 'peak oil'. The soundtracks alone used in those 'documentaries' could kill a healthy person regardless of the messages involved. The problem is that you are too naive to doubt what you were taught. I was trying to be dismissive because, sadly, this thread will be looked at in a few hundred years by people aghast at our own subservience to the liars and media. Threads like this helped propagate the myth. Too bad you can't turn in disbelievers, as the climate change crowd is attempting to do, as a means of garnering support.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

We need to think bigger. Our species can`t just keep dumping emissions from combustable materials into our atmosphere.

Oil isn`t the problem, it`s the world economies reliance on oil that makes this a crappy situation.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Oil is not renewable... If you want to sit around a few thousand years for more oil to be naturally created, be my guest,

That is a contradiction. Either it is renewable or it is not, and the evidence most clearly shows that it is abiotic and does renew. As I've mentioned before, the recent disaster in the gulf destroys the fossil fuel myth as they were drilling over 10 kilometers below the ocean floor - well below any fossil record, and very near, or at the level of metamorphism.

I completely agree with your second point. The sooner we free ourselves from the energy consortium of evil, the better.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign

Originally posted by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso
reply to post by Project-Sign

take your own advice deny ignorance...your own is glaring! You have made so many statements that are absolutely false in this thread it is pitiful. You need to unplug yourself from the media matrix and get some facts.

What statements are those? Anything I've said is readily available for anyone to read for themselves on the internet.You stated that Oil production is not in decline without providing any reason or evidence for saying it.

Is the International Energy Agency not trustworthy enough? They say peak oil began in 2006.

www.reuters.com...

Should I just take you at your word?These people are experts. You're a guy sitting at home at his computer. I think I'll side with the IEA on this one.

And 'Media matrix'? Please. You'll very rarely hear of Peak oil mentioned on mainstream news. Thanks for your input though.

Edit : By the way, Thorium is a very promising energy sourse, but at the moment it's still promising. Far more research and funding is needed. As I've said many times in this thread, it all depends how fast the Oil decline comes upon us. We could have alternatives in place in time if Governments put up the necessary funding to do so.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

C'mon man you cannot be that naive...You cite International something or other, FAIL, international is NWO, in other words: banksters, Rothschilds, then you post a link from Reuters, again, FAIL, Reuters is owned by the Rothschilds. AS IS ALL OF THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA!

You are a victim of the corporate media MSM PROPAGANDA MACHINE.

There are all kinds of websites on the net that have inaccurate information, you apparently visit some of those sites. Do the research, and you might find that most of them are owned by the NWO and the leftist libtard enviro-cultists.

Is the IEA not trustworthy enough? Why am I CONFIDENT that you also "trusted" the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change...?

I'll bet you that I could give you more accurate information than the MSM can about a great many topics.

Who are "experts"? The otherwise anonymous people "they" put on the TV and radio and tell you that they are "experts"? Yeah I said MATRIX MEDIA/MEDIA MATRIX, you should not take anything they tell you at face value, let alone believe what they "report". They have absolutely NO reason, compulsion, inclination, or desire to tell you the truth about anything. They wish to enslave all of those who they do not kill off, PLEASE tell me why SHOULD they tell the truth?

UNPLUG then learn how to tell when you are being lied to...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso

Ok man, the International Energy Agency are NWO because you say so. I don't even need to do the 'research', I'll just take your word for it, as you obviously know all about it.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
reply to post by Mak Manto

Oil is not renewable... If you want to sit around a few thousand years for more oil to be naturally created, be my guest,
That is a contradiction. Either it is renewable or it is not, and the evidence most clearly shows that it is abiotic and does renew. As I've mentioned before, the recent disaster in the gulf destroys the fossil fuel myth as they were drilling over 10 kilometers below the ocean floor - well below any fossil record, and very near, or at the level of metamorphism.

I completely agree with your second point. The sooner we free ourselves from the energy consortium of evil, the better.

I'm using renewable in the sense that we can create or grow a resource within a short period of time.

Oil, as well, will be created again in the future, but this will take thousands, if not millions, of years.

Besides, a renewable resource is a resource we can renew.

We can't renew oil. Once it's gone, IT'S GONE. As Michael Ruppert stated in Collapse:

The mortal blow to human industrialized civilization will happen when oil prices spike and nobody can afford to buy that oil, and everything will just shut down. Cars don’t run. Mail stops getting delivered. Planes don’t fly. Law enforcement stops working...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

And?

There is no data on how fast it generates, how deep down it is or what quality it is. (or even if it's a widespread phenomen) Unless it generates at least 85 million barrels a day the pooch is still screwed.

Sticking your head in the sand or putting your fingers in your ears won't save your skin if Peak Oil is real.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

I'm willing to accept it's possible, but I don't believe it's happening. You're talking about a handful of wells in Texas. There could be several explanations for it. But for those few wells, there are thousands that are dry, and staying dry. If I think about that logically, I know what conclusion I'm going to come to. It's simple, if oil is abiotic, then where is it? Oil companies are spending Billions to move into offshore drilling because they can't find any easy assessible Oil on dry land. Why would they spend that money if it wasn't necessary? If it's a con job, it's an expensive one. And just for arguments sake that oil is abiotic, but happens to produce itself very slowly. Well that's fine and dandy for 5, 10 or 15 generations down the road, but it does us little good. I'll be honest, I think the abiotic oil theory is based on wishful thinking.

I really hate to do this cause it seems so petty and childish, but this time it is for a salient point...

Are you absolutely sure that the oil companies spend billions on finding drilling and pumping new wells? I mean do you have any evidence other than the claims made by the companies that profit to the tune of 100's of billions of dollars per year? If I were taking in those kinds of profits, I would damn sure try to spin some kind of justification for it. For example:
Why is it OK that my company profits so much? Because we are of the very few who have the resources to invest in procuring the product that we sell...if we have to invest billions, then we obviously have to reailze a return of even more billions, otherwise we cannot sustain our operations...

I would believe that they invest millions even tens of millions, but I do not believe that they invest billions...no matter the actual cost of building an offshore drilling/pumping rig, those who are able to build them can set their price at whatever will be paid by the buyers. Now if those who run the company that builds the rigs, are also the same people who run the companies that buy the rigs, the higher the price set for the rigs basically means more profits for the sellers. They as the buyers as well know that they are going to buy the rigs anyways, so the buyers will just pass the extra costs on to their customers...

So the builder/seller makes a huge profit and pockets fat stacks of cash, the buyer, (who is[are] the same person[people]) uses the other company's cash to buy rigs, nothing out of their pockets, pass the costs of "investment" on to the customer as research and development, sees a handsome return on investments again, when they sell their refined oil as gasoline, and again pockets fat stacks of cash...

Are you beginning to see how you may have been mislead about the true nature of the supply of oil and how the oil business is conducted??? Do you see the possibility that you might not know what you think you know?
I've been there, I'd rather know the truth than hold onto to misplaced beliefs.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
OK new rule, everyone who posts these prophecies threads HAS to quit their jobs and abandon everything, because, c'mon, if YOU don't believe it, why should we???

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
2 of these links won't work, so c&p.

Why it's expensive to drill offshore.

w w w.offshore-mag.com/index/article-display/206138/articles/offshore/volume-64/issue-6/gulf-of-mexico/deep-shelf-drilling-proves-difficult-and-expensive. html

Increased spending in Offshore drilling.

www.marketwire.com/press-release/Offshore-Drilling-Expenditure-in-the-Americas-Will-Increase-Through-2015-1322547.htm

Massive increase in offshore drilling.

w w w.isa.org/InTechTemplate.cfm?Section=article_index1&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=62087

Companies worldwide are currently building 91 major offshore rigs, up from fewer than 10 in 2003, according to ODS-Petrodata, an offshore-oil-and-gas market-analysis firm.

For $200 million to almost $1 billion, one can build a new oil-drilling platform.

deep-water rigs can cost as much as $600 million, according to ODS-Petrodata.

They are being built, they are spending Billions. You have nothing to back your ideas up but frankly paranoid ravings.

edit on 19-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by umokay

If you'd bothered to read some of the thread, you'd have seen something like this :

This is NOT a prediction thread. The only prediction here is that a finite substance will run out, eventually. Hardly Nostradamus, is it.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

And?

There is no data on how fast it generates, how deep down it is or what quality it is. (or even if it's a widespread phenomen) Unless it generates at least 85 million barrels a day the pooch is still screwed.

Sticking your head in the sand or putting your fingers in your ears won't save your skin if Peak Oil is real.

Nice utilization of the AGW argument, 'Well IF it IS real, don't you want to do SOMETHING about it rather than POSSIBLY suffer LATER on when you can't do ANYTHING about it except SUFFER and DIE?'

But it aint real, and, IF it were real, we haven't reached what has been represented as the peak of production as of yet. Historical knowledge, logical extrapolation through reason, and a healthy dose of skepticism, *(keeping in mind many atrocities committed by our own government), should make obvious that we, (our government and the corporations) are fine with using the rest of the worlds oil before trying to significantly tap into our own reserves. California, Alaska, on and off shore have vast reserves of oil, lower grade than light sweet crude, but oil nonetheless. North America has vast reserves of shale, coal and oil-sand, all of which can produce oil. As refining advancements are attained, the cost and effort of producing oil from those resources will decrease. As happens in any and every industry...

Why do so many of you have such a fatalistic view of civilization without oil??? If the wells magically dried up overnight, we would adapt adjust modify and develop new ways to do whatever oil does in less than a week...
Yes I have that much faith in the ingenuity of Man, yet I fear that unless forced to, we will not take the initiative to shake loose the yoke of corporate control over resources, technology, and progress in general.

I am sure many of you have heard of technology that has been obtained and kept hidden from public awareness. Why would technology that would make our lives easier and bring down costs, be supressed? Who would supress technology and stifle the evolutionary progress of mankinds civillizations?

They who would not make obscene profits from the sale of energy that was inexpensive and abundant.

Thats who...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So-called "peak oil" is yet another lie perpetrated by TPTB so that they can charge us stupid amounts of money for oil. New, massive, fields are being found all the time.

As for the USA reaching peak oil in 1970, are you kidding me? We shut our fields down and discouraged exploration so we could use the rest of the world's oil before using our own. If we fired up all of our oil fields, we wouldn't have the refining capacity to handle all the oil that would flow. But, that would reduce Exxon's profits and it would remove the government's excuse for meddling in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
At some point I'll have to stop replying to the same points over and over. Please read the entire thread before commenting, very few posters so far even understand what the actual problem is.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

At some point I'll have to stop replying to the same points over and over. Please read the entire thread before commenting, very few posters so far even understand what the actual problem is.

You believe in "peak oil". 'nuf said. Abiotic oil is the truth. Read about it. Peak oil is a lie.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
But, that would reduce Exxon's profits and it would remove the government's excuse for meddling in the middle east.

'Excuse'? Wasn't the excuse for being in the Middle East supposedly Osama, Al Qaeda etc? Oil is the real reason obviously, you've got it backwards.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join