It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<< Possible deep symbology about the people who lived in the city, Babel >>

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think there's some deep symbology in the story about the people who lived in the city. Here's a quote from the bible.

Genesis 11:5-8
"They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be with held from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth".

So the language changed and the people had no more understanding. The story could be more deeper than just an example of two people that only speak different languages trying to communicate with each other. Does anyone think that parallel universes could fit the description or is "mind control" at play here? I quoted the word for you to decide what it means to you.

There's language manipulation and technological advances and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand does. There is levels of knowledge though.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just something I would like to share about the Tower of Babel story. Maybe everyone can see how this story came to be and evolved.
Tower of Babel

Linguists have a better explanation. Cultures and tribes that lived independently of each other developed their own native language. Similarities vary with migratory patterns. So here we are in the second millenium once again defying God’s will. Man is still scattered all over the earth gradually learning to speak one language again English. Here we are at the dawn of the communication age, building satellites and radio towers, laying fiber optic cables, producing televisions, radios, computers and telephones so we can be in touch with anyone we want. In Bible World, ignorance is bliss and knowledge is forbidden. Everything humanity is supposed to know is supposed to flow from the mouths of priests.

Comparable myths
I believe the Jewish Bible story was influnced by the Sumerian parallel

new topics

join