It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Explosion in Scottish forest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Her is something that doesn't happen everyday. They are saying possible terrorists but what was the target?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pershing1973_javascript:icon('
')

Interesting that they are willing to call everything a terror attack- even if it is in the middle of nowhere. I will give you a bump to keep this going and see if anyone knows what it is. Good find.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
no risk to public safety they say.... if i hear a big bang id go no where near due to my safety

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
From your link:

Police, said: "As you would expect, when we are dealing with a situation where we suspect that explosives may be involved, it is our immediate priority to assess the situation and to call on expertise where we think it is appropriate.

Then they go on to say the 'same' thing they said after the missile blasts off California coast...

"But there is no danger to the public..." Duh, which is it? they dont know what it was and it will take time to discern or is it another show of where the nuks are hidden?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
this happened wed about 12.00pm.
my first thoughts are crash( plane, missle test)

edit on 18-11-2010 by rikgrimsby because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
First guess would be an illegal still in an old wooden shack making scotch wiskey that blew to smithereens.

Of course, the MSM would tag it as a suspected terrorist event wouldn't they just like they tag anything else that does or could go bang.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
nearly santa claus time ..so looooots of suspicius packets are on the way...

shortly.. fear mongering....:-)
edit on 18-11-2010 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now the US propaganda machine CNN is reporting on it, no details, but

"there is no risk to the public" (?); almost a deja vu of the roswell announcement , sans flying disc.

CNN breaking news link

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If it is indeed terrorist they will be doing some training with explosives. That's why it happened in the middle of nowhere.

Obviously you're not going to train near an urban area, but they've got to do it somewhere ( they don't really but you get my point
). So they were probably testing the effectiveness of their devices, so that they could be placed at a target in the future. Reminds me of the film 'Four Lions' where one of the terrorists blows himself up in the middle of a field along with a sheep.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Tht would be my guess too loner if not perhaps a false flag training explosion?
Kind of easy to chuck a handgrenade into the bushes and then say the terroristas are comming......
Just the fact that there was a boom in the forest gives little old ladies the willies so it would be called terror any way you look at it...
I lean towards the SAS or other Gov Boys messing with our heads.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Likely some young guys playing with homemade explosives.

Happens all time time and the cops are so paranoid these days it becomes a major crisis.

there are thousands of pyros out there world wide.
www.pyronfo.com...
www.instructables.com...

I have driven the cops nuts with just dry ice in empty 2 liter soda bottles.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
1. Terrorists training to make sure their mixtures are good
2. The california missile finally came down
3. UFO Crash

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
If it is indeed terrorist they will be doing some training with explosives. That's why it happened in the middle of nowhere.

Obviously you're not going to train near an urban area, but they've got to do it somewhere ( they don't really but you get my point
). So they were probably testing the effectiveness of their devices, so that they could be placed at a target in the future. Reminds me of the film 'Four Lions' where one of the terrorists blows himself up in the middle of a field along with a sheep.

At last someone with a bit of common sense! Of course they practise their explosive training in remote locations, I can't believe that you have been the only one to see this obvious point so far.
As for the makeup of the explosion they will be able to tell quite quickly what caused the explosion through chemical analysis.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pershing1973
Her is something that doesn't happen everyday. They are saying possible terrorists but what was the target?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Who is saying "possible terrorists"?

It doesn't say that in the news article you linked to.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
An explosion in the middle of the woods...sounds like a meth lab to me.

new topics

top topics

join