It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Couple Ask Via PollDaddy.com: Keep Or Abort Baby? Internetz, You Decide!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Pregnant Couple Poll, Asks Internet Users Whether they Should Keep Baby Or Abort via Poll

The Arnolds are having a baby. Unless the public votes to have the child aborted. Meet the couple behind Birthornot.com, where "you can vote and choose whether we abort or keep our unborn child."

Pete and Alisha Arnold, both 30, both tech professionals, live in the Minneapolis suburb of Apple Valley and have been married for 10 years. Since September, they've blogged about their expected child at birthornot.com, posting health updates about the mother and the fetus (which will be 17 weeks-old tomorrow), and ultrasound pictures and video. But at the top of the blog is a poll hosted by PollDaddy.com. The question: "Should We Give Birth or Have an Abortion?" "Give Birth" has 46 percent of the vote at the moment, with "Have an Abortion" at 54 percent. The poll closes on December 7th.

Well, now I have heard it all. I figured since I have surfed the web for almost twenty years, I had truly seen it all. (goatse, two girls one cup, rick rolled, sex tapes, etc etc.)

But here we have Pete and Alisha, (please visit link to see this stellar couple), who got pregnant, and now, because life is so very ambiguous to these two people, they are going to let the internet, via a PollDaddy poll, decide the fate of the unborn baby.

I voted for them to abort.

Anyone who is so blase about having a kid they (for what ever reason) must ask the Internet for permission to birth, does not need a kid.

Even if this a joke, it is a sick joke, and how sad that if they do have a kid, this will be the its internet legacy: born with a internet silverspoon in their little mouths.

What do you think about this story?

Their Blog

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

What do you think about this story?

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

I say make them have the child and put it up for adoption, Just because these two idiots cant think for themselves does not mean the child should die...

Unbelievable.....

~meathead

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This couple should be aborted. This is beyond sick.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
^I know, crazy couple! Does anyone else litrally question their sanity?

Last I visited their blog poll, over 80 percent were voting KEEP IT! Has this gone Christian Viral?

The last people on earth who need a baby are these two, who are willing to be influenced by the crazies on the internet, as to whether this poor kid even lives or not!!

Now 4Chan is involved.

I see 4chan as encouraging people to vote in the poll. How they do it is beyond my control and should not influence decisions about what we are doing here. We support people encouraging others to voice their opinions on an issue as large as keeping a baby or not. The whole point of what we are doing is to allow you as an individual to make a difference. Many here have voiced their concern, but as you can see by the face-book links in the upper-right of each posting, few have acted upon them. The members of 4chan are not the only ones who can get others to sway the result. And as much as many do not approve of what they are doing, I have pondered this a great deal. We don’t see a difference between this and what politicians or supporters do in regards to campaigning.

This tale gets nuttier and nuttier.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Who actually really cares about silly things like this when there are other issues going on in the world today that are so much more deserving of bandwidth here?

This abortion poll is highly likely to be a complete joke to entertain that "couple" at the expense of naive and simple minded folks who actually pay attention to nonsense like this instead of actual important issues that are going on.

I can expect for kids to become drawn into stuff like this nonsense, but certainly not adults for goodness sakes.

Geeze!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Who actually really cares about silly things like this when there are other issues going on in the world today that are so much more deserving of bandwidth here?

This abortion poll is highly likely to be a complete joke to entertain that "couple" at the expense of naive and simple minded folks who actually pay attention to nonsense like this instead of actual important issues that are going on.

I can expect for kids to become drawn into stuff like this nonsense, but certainly not adults for goodness sakes.

Geeze!
Are you a child, then, as you yourself are so "drawn" to this thread you could not refrain from commenting!

I am a female, I multitask, so that means I can care about or pay attention to both outrageous news, and "important issues".

Define "important issue". I bet your "important issues" vary from mine.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why not keep it? They will certainly be able to take care of the child materially. Besides, at 17 weeks the fetus may have already developed sentience, in which case it would be murder to kill it IMHO.

I voted to keep it, and now the page shows WordPress installation guide. The whole thing is probably just a stunt to attract traffic to this ad.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's crazy what you can find on the internet and how far people would go to get attention for whatever reason. I hate to admit I seen worse. Still this is disgusting.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm pro-choice. I am horrified with these people.

The boy will know what his parents did, and that alone makes these people significantly lacking in empathy for their child.

Both of them deserve a swift punch in the mouth. And maybe their son one day will be the man who doles it out.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by pplrnuts

Geeze!
Are you a child, then, as you yourself are so "drawn" to this thread you could not refrain from commenting!

I am a female, I multitask, so that means I can care about or pay attention to both outrageous news, and "important issues".

Define "important issue". I bet your "important issues" vary from mine.

*SIGH*

So by your logic, anyone who posts a reply that doesnt express full agreement with a thread is therefore childish? Thats some funky logic there, ya gotta admit you goofed really bad with that logic, eh? LOL, even a "child" can see that one.

Its all very simple: you have fallen victim to this "couples" obvious game, and that is certainly childish and a waste of bandwidth at the same time. The country is in a FULL SPEED nose dive and you have created a thread on a couple playing a practical joke with folks with an abortion poll.

Thats some major silliness that I just couldnt help in pointing it out. It doesnt make me a "child", if anything, it would make me your daddy.

edit on 18-11-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If they offered to sell their baby online or trade it for stuff, they would be arrested. But asking if it's ok to kill it is just fine. That is seriously #@$@# up.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
some excellent detective work here

blogs.citypages.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is her second pregnancy this year - and this site was bought before this pregenancy. They planned to do this with their last pregnancy too and chose to get pregnant again.

If these people are for real, they have mental problems and probably shouldn't have custody of the child anyways.
edit on 2010/11/18 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
When things hit the press, "Friends" of people hit the internets and comment comment comment on their friends behalf.

I don't see that for these people.

Where are their legion of friends and family coming to hook on, grab a ride, denounce them, talk them up, defend them, hate them?

Not something you see.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

This is without a doubt an internet prank.
Classic form.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Almost every parent / mom's popular forum out there has the EXACT same thread title on it advertizing this.

Another "full of bs" clue.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
jezebel.com...

Thank you, super-awesome-avatar person. That's exactly what I thought when I read the thread title, and you beat me to it with proof. I was just going to post, "nonsense, shenanigans, horse#, etc." You however, have the proof.

They're stirring up outrage, "cause it's legal, isn't it?"

That'll be the excuse, and I'm sure they're banking on getting a ton of media attention, in addition to drawing attention to their cause.

Just two douchey, attention whore asshats.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why Thank-You Awesome-Silent-Bob-Fan-Pic

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
And they're fat too.

That's too perfect. Just a couple of fat, midwest, Beck loving, fat, pro-life, religious fatsos.

No wonder they had miscarriages, you can't eat like a #ing hippo and expect your body to retain a child.

Have a few more cheeseburgers.

No disrespect to my boy, Kevin Smith.

And no disrespect to any overweight people in here, I was being Jim Norton-y
edit on 11/18/2010 by Sunsetspawn because: No disrespect

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join