It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Camera Ghost Picture...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I got to get that app!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

Haha, I tried it on my girlfriend but she saw through it straight away. Good for a laugh though!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The way they put it onto the game cam pic made it look legit.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this photograph. As most people are aware, photographs showing actual paranormal activity are exceedingly rare. Also, any photograph can be hoaxed. This is why even "smoking gun" photographs and video are pretty easily discounted as they are so easy to manipulate, especially with the advent of desktop publishing programs. An expert could look at the original file and determine whether it had been manipulated by one of these programs and thus rule that out.

Given that, it is nearly impossible for anyone to validate the assertions you made regarding the possibility of tampering or hoaxing. There is simply no way to determine this or not at this point. I suppose one would have to enforce a strict chain of custody from the time the camera was sit up until the images were looked at. Unfortunately this would have to include someone actually sitting within view of the camera at the time the picture was taken as well.

Believe me, investigating the paranormal is often a catch-22 situation. I've been present where strange things have happened, had multiple witnesses, and captured some strange anomalies that I sincerely feel are paranormal (unexplainable) and yet, the "evidence" still has to be debunked because there are other more logical explanations. It can be extremely frustrating, but unless something paranormal is captured in a highly controlled scientific experiment, it's easily written off. Even then, such an anomaly would simply be unexplained and not real proof of a ghost.

But, given all that, I loved the photograph and the details you've provided on the backstory. Also, I've been wanting to pick up a motion detector/camera combination for sometime. Increasingly they are manufacturing such devices for use outside the realm of game hunting and my guess is that ghost hunters are going to be snapping these up quickly.

Bobby Elgee; Sights Unseen Paranormal

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That's a nice buck. My family lives in Buffalo County Wisconsin which some consider to be the top white tail deer hunting in the world. This buck would be a nice bag even there.

It does pay to note that the buck appears to be looking at the "ghost" which implies two things:

1. Animals are sensitive to the paranormal

2. If this picture was hoaxed they thought it would be cool to place the "ghost" in such a position that it appears that the buck is looking at it.

Interestingly enough, there are paranormal reports of such apparitions that appear similar in appearance to the Jawas in the Star Wars movies. A specific member of my crew is actually totally creeped out by such "grover guys*" and if we ever captured such an apparition during our investigations, my hunch is she would turn in her ghost hunting "license" for every.

Bobby Elgee; Sights Unseen Paranormal

*Search for "grover guys" and "Vale End Cemetery" in any search engine to find a link to a report from a cemetery in Wilton, New Hampshire where a virtual army of these show up.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khayal
reply to post by Cuhail

Here we are.

You can also change opacity, angle and orientation so you can make it more transparent and upside down if you wanted to.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Khayal because: (no reason given)

How do we know you did not actually see the ghost but are too afraid to admit it, so are passing it off as a hoax?

Nice try, but you don't fool anyone!!!11

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Haha, I tried it on my girlfriend but she saw through it straight away. Good for a laugh though!

So you're saying you made it too transparent?

She saw through it.. Ohhh wait, I get ya!!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hoax..

Das Boot

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
How has this not been moved to the hoax forum yet?
It has been shown to be a fake, and admitted by the OP that he was scammed by the owner of the property.
Yet it remains almost as a 'legit' post.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

well... it is a legitimate hoax.

... or is it?

yes. it is.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

reply to post by Cuhail

Here we are.

You can also change opacity, angle and orientation so you can make it more transparent and upside down if you wanted to.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Khayal because: (no reason given)

How do we know you did not actually see the ghost but are too afraid to admit it, so are passing it off as a hoax?

Are you serious?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
She gets around, she does.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by

Originally posted by badw0lf

Are you serious?

Y, U Jellyz?

That you have to ask, means that my sarcasm failed
Darn...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It is a good picture. Looks like the deer is aware of the spectral presence. But.... Anytime a camera is involved in something like this one has to take care to try to eliminate any memory contamination for instance. It's hard to do because one would have to use a freshly purchased, never before used, memory card to be sure. You could reuse this card for lots of other pictures in various light settings to see if there is a reoccurance.

By the way is "chill" a verb?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Good on you OP for taking the fact you got duped so graciously

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I can't believe that there are still posters commenting on this seriously, leading me to the conclusion, that seems so often the case, that posters simply read the OP then immediately click reply without reading a single other post, which usually ends up with them looking incredibly ignorant as they've missed all of the discussion and therefore facts that have been discovered about the OP! (unless all the people are commenting at great length in a sarcastic way, which would be stupid - one thing to make a small joke another to rant on for several paragraphs and yes I am aware that one poster was being sarcastic but I think there are another couple who are not!)

I see so many threads where this happens and as such would just like to say - Please read the whole thread before you post!

Sorry you were duped OP but at least as more people become aware of this iPhone app the less likely that people will be fooled in the future.

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9

The land owners are not hoaxers, and know for a fact that no one has been tampering with their cameras, or trespassing. In other words, the pic is real.

I'm not sure how to respond to that.

i guess i'll give you a 3/10 for effort.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

The land owners are not hoaxers, and know for a fact that no one has been tampering with their cameras, or trespassing. In other words, the pic is real.

I'm not sure how to respond to that.

i guess i'll give you a 3/10 for effort.

The landowners ARE NOT hoaxers.....but obviously their son is.

And BTW, the son's dad was LIVID over the prank. He had shown it to alot of his coworkers, friends, etc. The boy got punished...believe dat.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm not saying the op should be banned, but, this thread should be titled HOAX.

Right?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Khayal

In other words you could have taken the original game cam picture, uploaded onto your Iphone, then super-imposed that same little ghost girl onto the picture inside the Iphone?

Yes exactly. Are you surprised.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join