It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Armed Forces head wanted probe into UFO sighting, newly released files show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A former head of the Armed Forces wrote to the defence secretary urging him to “demonstrate a more serious concern” over a now famous UFO sighting, files released by the Ministry of Defence disclose. Lord Hill-Norton, a former chief of defence staff, wrote to Michael Heseltine some years after a mysterious incident in which several US Air Force personnel reported seeing a strange metallic object hovering in Rendlesham Forest near RAF Woodbridge in Suffolk. The incident, in the early morning of December 27, 1980, has become known as “Britain’s own Roswell”, and has never been fully explained.

The incident is just one among the hundreds of reports of UFO close encounters, from aliens with lemon-shaped heads to laser beams being shot to earth, contained in the files (link to this at end of story post @ the sources area). Other episodes include when two “sober” Glastonbury festival goers saw a flying saucer hover overhead and dozens of sightings which turned out to be a Virgin Airship and two boys who claimed an alien told them: "We want you, come with us".

The late Lord Hill-Norton, a member of what he described as the “rather ineffective” House of Lords UFO Group, wrote to Mr Heseltine in May 1985 to express his concern over the “puzzling and disquieting features” of the case. He referred to the USAF report submitted by Lieutenant Colonel Charles Halt in which the deputy base commander details the account of three patrolmen.

Another noted report/sighting was mentioned in the article:

Between November 1989 and April 1990 the Belgian Air Force scrambled fighter jets to investigate potential UFOs in its airspace. Despite reports from police, radar contact and other eyewitness accounts, the authorities never solved what was repeatedly hovering unannounced in their skies. The first wave of observations began on November 29 and three days later on the evening of December 2, two F-16s were sent to the Liege area to investigate a sighting, although they found nothing. But according to an air force ground controller, the “echo” on the radar vanished when the planes arrived but returned when the F-16s left. The mystery resulted in correspondence between the Belgians and Britain’s Ministry of Defence, who were told none of Belgium’s neighbours were informed of the air breach.

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk... html
Link to Aug 2010 file release: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

You can read more about the Belgum UFO Wave here:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0368f3064660.jpg[/atsimg]
www.ufocasebook.com...

IT seems to me that this is more of people in the know and positions to request things actually do. It is the higher ups that deny any request. This, of course, lends credit to the belief that the Gov'ts know more than they are saying. Regarless if it is a UFO or Military event.

It you think about it, it is scary to think your own Gov't won't tell you the truth about this. I don't know but I think we are about to have full blown disclosure about UFO/Aliens. If not, they I think we are on the verge of another World War. Both sides are building up and getting ready. I say China starts it with a computer attack followed up by the little ankle bitters (Iran, Syria etc) start acting up massively and then the bigger boys. China and Russia move in.

Hopefully, there are UFO/Aliens and they are on our side. We'll need them.

Anyway, I put a link to the lastest UK UFO Document release form Aug 2010. Unfortunately, you have to pay to print so.....

new topics

join