It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say hello to the Universe who will be anything You want

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hello. I acknowledge You.

For materialists:
A carbon atom may connect with other carbons atoms to form a pretty diamond. Or a carbon atom may connect with oxygen to form poisonous carbon monoxide, which can kill You. Or carbon may combine with oxygen and hydrogen to form any number of organic compounds that compose Your body and allow You function to as an organism.

Carbon can do all of these things. It can be any number of things for You. But the carbon atom itself is probably not very particular about which of these it is to You.

For those who appreciate quantum physics:
Within an uncollapsed wave function, any and all possibility exist. Anything is possible. And yet, do You think these possibilities really care which one becomes manifest?

For spiritualists:

The many hands and faces of Shakti reach into an infinity of possibilities. For those who embrace the Bible, Isaiah 6:2 describes Angels as having six wings, and many faces. I propose that these wings encompass much, like the wings of the building of creation, each with its own character, but each a part of the whole. The thousand petals of Sahasrara are infinity. The knowing of these infinities is what brings us in union with God. And what does Revelations 4:8-11 have to say of the six-winged beings who chant forever unto the Lord:

8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Everything around You has the potential to be anything You want it to be. If You wish for beauty, a carbon atom is willing to be a diamond. If You long for death, that same carbon atom is willing to be poison.

To all of You, materialists, spiritualists, all...look into the many eyes of the creation that is all around You and know that You are looking into the eyes of Goddess, and know that She will be and do anything for You. Acknowledge Her. Say hello. Know that She will accept however you choose to perceive Her, whether as an angry God, or as merely material objects, or as Divine Beauty, or any infinity amongst all possibility. It is no less magical to perceive an unseeable thing like a carbon atom as willing and able to be everything from a diamond to poison to the compounds that give you life, than to perceive this magic as Divine. However you choose to see Her, know that She is there. So...say hello to Her.

Namaste

edit on 18-11-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I don't get it! Could it mean that the carbon atom is god and not the Higgs Boson?

IRM

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Could it mean that the carbon atom is god

Whatever is the "stuff" of the universe, whatever it is that carbon atoms and not-carbon atoms and empty space and everything else is all composed of, it is everywhere and it can become anything. Omnipresence, and omnipotence.

How is that not Divine?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Don't you feel that you are anthropomorphising a particle and in some instances, nothing at all?

IRM

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Don't you feel that you are anthropomorphising
a particle and in some instances, nothing at all?

But that is the point: whether you anthropomorphize these things or not is merely aesthetics. Look at your desk if you wish and think of it as a piece of wood of you wish. That wood could have been a bed. It could have been a pretty statue. The atoms in that wood could have been anything: the air you breath, or a star...anything.

These "particles" you suspect me of anthropomorphizing could have been you. All that you are is merely one possibility amongst infinity. They can be do and be anything, of which humans are merely one possibility. And yet you ask me if I may be giving them too much credit by attributing human characteristics to them?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

What you wrote reminds me of what Samael Aun Weor has written-about the Divine Mother Shakti taking any form-in his book titled The Yellow Book.

The Four Elements of Alchemy:

Carbon (Earth), Oxygen (Air), Hydrogen (Water), Nitrogen (Fire).

The symbolism of Krishna and Arjuna is also related to:

The Kabbalistic Mercabah, Ezekiel's Vision, and the Four Beasts of Revelation.

edit on 18-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
These "particles" you suspect me of anthropomorphizing could have been you. All that you are is merely one possibility amongst infinity. They can be do and be anything, of which humans are merely one possibility. And yet you ask me if I may be giving them too much credit by attributing human characteristics to them?

Sure... but aren't we really just describing the randomness of the universe? I hear the same arguments about 'fate'. People ask me if I believe in fate... as though fate has some purpose or agenda, which again is just an anthropomorphism of time and randomness (see god). It's just a coin toss... a cosmological crap shoot! That's not to say that the universe isn't awe inspiring. It is... but I tend to shy away from terms such as 'divine' that carry clear theological connotation.

I do understand you quandary though. Why did this 'atom' decide to be a part of me instead of my dinner plate. What keeps that little soldier in station and prevents him from migrating to become the dinner plate? Why don't things just spontaneously fall apart as atoms 'decide' to be part of something else instead. Is there a script that keeps everything in it's place? Who knows!

IRM

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Interesting thread! Not like I expected anything different though.

This makes much sense to me and no sense to those who can't see it. Learning is the light and we embrace ignorance under the illusion that it is knowledge. Everything is everything.

Love the thoughts provoked with this one.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Good thread... Here is some more about the 4 elements of alchemy which a user posted up above.

In philosophical alchemy the four elements become abstractions of their type. The name "elemental" means or implies irreducibility, and this set of Elements are therefore a kind of building block out of which more complex components are formed.

The first clue as to their Philosophical Alchemical use comes from their inclusion in astrological symbology, where there are three of each element in the twelve basic astrological sign. For example, Fire Cardinal, Fire Fixed, and Fire Mutable form the signs Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius, with the attributes of a combination of the pair. The second term, called astrological qualities, are likewise repeated across the matrix of four elements. Thus there is a primitive (though not in the derogatory sense) kind of psychology made out of irreducible variables.

The fundamental understanding of philosophical alchemy is that everything must be composed of higher and different kinds of abstractions from building blocks like these. In fact these building blocks in part. This is similar to the general law of discovery called Occham's Razor. The specifics center the Elements as they appear here not with physical material, but with principles that might be centered about Newtonian Physics, with the establishment of "fundaments of nature" that are constants at this level, but variables elsewhere in a very simple "Mathematics of the Creation." Those constants are well known and established: Force and Counter-force, Inertia and Potential. Those are the abstractions of (in order) fire, water, earth, and air. Thus there are logical dynamics of pairs already in these four basic elements.

This logic was established primarily by Pietre Ouspensky, a mathematician and investigator in early part of the 20th century, whose second treatice, A New Model of the Universe, established a logical and mathematical commonality, matrix, or link between similarly esoteric and occultic or supernatural or philosophical | early psychological systems, from the symbology of astrology, that of the Tarot, and the practice of Kabbalah (or Gematria), not to mention magic.

edit on 21-12-2010 by drkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the quote drkid

It reminds me that I intend on eventually studying some of P.D. Ouspensky's writings. Are you at all familiar with the teachings of Gurdjieff (and also more of Ouspensky's writings)?

Lately I've been thinking about studying more Gematria, Temurah, and Notarikon as well.

For those who are interested, here is what a Gnostic Instructor–who is a student of the Kabbalist and Alchemist (who is the author of the above-linked writings on the Four Alchemical Elements) Samael Aun Weor (whose name is Hebrew סםאל און ואור)–has to say about P.D. Ouspensky's writings:

"The teachings of Gurdjieff are good; but one must always refer to Samael for authority. There are numerous differences, the most obvious being the sexual teachings. Also, Gurdjieff inverted other things, so one must be careful.

"Also, his students made a lot of mistakes. While there is some benefit from reading Ouspensky, I strongly suggest you avoid Bennett, Nicoll, and all the others, because each introduces so many problems and confusions that you will end corrupting your understanding."

What Samael Aun Weor himself wrote about Ouspensky:

"From my memory—at this very moment—I recall the unusual case of Piotr Demianovich Ouspensky, who when walking on the streets of Saint Petersburg, had the resolve to remember his self, and to not forget about himself, not even for an instant. Thus, he said that as he remembered himself from moment to moment, he even perceived a spiritual aspect within all things, and while this type of spiritual lucidity was increasing he felt his psyche gradually transformed, etc. Nevertheless, something very discouraging happened to him: all of a sudden he felt the necessity to enter a smoke shop in order to select an order of some tobacco. Certainly, after being attended and provided with his order of cigars, he left the smoke shop very quietly while smoking along an avenue. Thereafter, remembering different things and occupied in diverse intellectual matters, etc., he walked through different places of Saint Petersburg; in other words, he became absorbed within his own thoughts.

"An hour and a half later—already at his home—he observed very well his room, his bedroom, his living room, his desk, etc., and suddenly, he remembered that he had first wandered through many places with his consciousness awake, but after having entered into the cigarette shop his psyche had fallen asleep again, and thus, his good intentions of remaining awake from moment to moment were reduced to cosmic dust; thus, he regretted the incident. He took an hour and a half to reach his home, and during that entire time, he regrettably treaded the streets of the city with his consciousness completely asleep.

"Behold how difficult it is to remain with the consciousness awake from instant to instant, from moment to moment, from second after second. However, if one has true longings for becoming fully awakened—this is the beginning—one must not forget oneself, not even for a moment." - סםאל און ואור

The Fourth Way (or Fourth Path) "There are four basic divisions amongst spiritual schools:

"The path of the Fakir: those who seek union with God through willpower; this includes those who practice Hatha Yoga, physical austerities (tapas), etc.

"The path of the Monk: those who seek union with God through emotion; this includes those who practice Bhakti Yoga, whose religion is prayer, or music or devotional practices.

"The path of the Yogi: those who seek union with God through the intellect; this includes those who practice Jnana Yoga, who study and memorize theories and doctrines, or through various forms of meditation.

"The path of the well-balanced human being: includes those schools and religions which unify all three paths in one, under the equilibrating influence of chastity, and guided by the Three Factors: birth, death and sacrifice.

"When referring to the schools of the Fourth Way, we find that Gurdjieff, Ouspensky, and Nicoll had written what they knew, but their expositions suffer from many mistakes. For example, Gurdjieff committed the error of mistaking the Kundalini with the abominable Kundabuffer organ, and Ouspensky committed the same error. We cannot desist recognizing the existence of that blind fohatic force that has people hypnotized; yet this one has nothing to do with the Kundalini, but with the Kundabuffer that is the lunar fire...." Samael Aun Weor, Tarot and Kabbalah

edit on 21-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

I am curious about what your thoughts are regarding the atheist's ability to achieve, in life, unity with God, or do they self-prohibit any such approach in accordance with a variety of intellectual assumptions they make about what cannot be true, or possible?

Just curious about that. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by NewAgeMan

I am curious about what your thoughts are regarding the atheist's ability to achieve, in life, unity with God, or do they self-prohibit any such approach in accordance with a variety of intellectual assumptions they make about what cannot be true, or possible?

Just curious about that. Thanks.

My apologies, NewAgeMan, for forgetting to answer your question sooner.

There doesn't seem to be a "cut and dry" answer for this.

And when contemplating on how to answer your question back when you first asked it, I had thought of a big elaborate explanation; but now it seems that the best explanation is found within the following Gnostic and Platonist terminologies:

Eikasia, Pistis, Dianoia, and Nous (see also: Turiya and Sophia

A good thread in another forum:

Plato: The Allegory of the Cave

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Ok- I only respond here because of the Green Lady search- which resulted in my perceiving myself as an orange in an orange display in the late 1960's (theoretically), but even the colors communicated that time line. This was a long time ago.

Saying that- this post made me smile because I know that what you said makes perfect sense. What is real?

Namaste!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

This is a beautiful OP that I'd like to mull over, so I'm bumping it up on my list.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Don't you feel that you are anthropomorphising
a particle and in some instances, nothing at all?

But that is the point: whether you anthropomorphize these things or not is merely aesthetics. Look at your desk if you wish and think of it as a piece of wood of you wish. That wood could have been a bed. It could have been a pretty statue. The atoms in that wood could have been anything: the air you breath, or a star...anything.

I had to quote this because I agree with you 100%. Everything is there, but that's irrelevant. It's the way that you PERCEIVE them that's important. If you want to say that it's just some random omnipotent, eternal particle, then that's what it'll be. Omnipotence, eternalness, is characteristics that most call God so you can call it that too if you want. It's all about perception. I love this thread. Nice work

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
last night while in deep meditation on my porch at 3-4am i noticed a white cat in the woods, about 15 feet away. i watched it do a "lick myself" kind of thing and it disappeared into the ground. i looked for 10 minutes without seeing it. the whole time i knew it was gone forever....

I feel like i hit a few breakthroughs last night regarding who i am as a god.... i just dont quite understand it all yet. Listen closely to the world, and hear it change for you. it is scary what happens when you pay attention a little too hard. i am so close.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The closer we approach the infinte, the further removed from reality be become.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I kept telling myself that I needed proof that i am the special i am. somehow the cat thing happened and i remember telling myself never to forget it. Also i have been seeing a lot of cardinals lately.... does anyone have a connection to this bird?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

nice ! sweet ! peace ! love !
but I think it's too late to realise this human transformation !
it's all about $$$$ greed, mother nature killing, stupid brain althzeimer looking attitude, sex maniak behaviour, Monsanto brain damage .....
it's I think too late man ....... just have a nice sleep people and dream about f... rape of nature and humanity, have your masturbation on the rape of nature !!! ( = SARCASM of course !!! )
....... or FIGHT to give this a chance .. specially in USA .....
edit on 7-6-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Could it mean that the carbon atom is god

Whatever is the "stuff" of the universe, whatever it is that carbon atoms and not-carbon atoms and empty space and everything else is all composed of, it is everywhere and it can become anything. Omnipresence, and omnipotence.

How is that not Divine?

You would have to find the link to the consciousness .. the inestimable point of origin of life, that "quality" which gives "Love" it's reputation. ...

Where does it lie, most likely in the plane of creation. Where might that lie? .. Perhaps in the equatorial plane of the great galaxies all around us? Where would its center be? .. Perhaps in the centers of Galaxies? What might be there; .. exotic matter housing exotic mind?
The Ecliptic is the forces cancellation point. The holding point for the workings. It is also the edge of change, if all is particles and charges in motion (while exotic mind is eternally at rest).
In one Mayan Myth, they say the job of the Maya is the making of Galaxies.

In the writing of integers in a circle, the primes (Gematrian numbers) map out a large X .. like "solid" numbers,-- indivisible.
What is the turning post? .. If the circle (of matter/numbers) is in motion, on another axis at 90 degrees, what is the motive force?
What causes the initiation of the Lorenz Strange Attractor, itself a mathematical puzzle?
Does the LSA "make" the Hunab Ku?

I recently watched a short amount of Anime, it was about the final level of protection of EVE. It was quite sad, because as I see it, those within, do not see the error of fighting. But .. as I felt/expressed physically the sorrow, I also got the Windows Blue Screen of Death with some error code of Not less than or Equal to .. and had to actually pull the plug on the PC .. so I guess I must keep clear of Anime!

I have a question, because I think you may have a different answer than I have .. and I would like to think there is a different answer .. mine is more sorrowful than the blindness of the sleeping.

Why is it said that "Death" or the ability to experience death was a gift of the G^ds to mankind? ... If you have a moment to post on that, I would be grateful. Or you can message, I think I have figured that out, finally.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join